Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By kaptainrob
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob

Thread: How to in the kitchen

  1. #1
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,320

    How to in the kitchen


    I have a sweet tooth Aroy.

    My Favorite Thai breaky or a version of it.



    2 versions of Som Tam that most TG's might say i not like it that way 5555
    I like som tam Thai but not Isaan
    .

  2. #2
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,320




    .

  3. #3
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    I only found out there were 2 types of Som Tam yesterday. I honestly thought it was an Isaan Dish to start with 555. I will be trying some of these in the future

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,889
    Mr W,
    Thanks for these, I am a usless cook, I may try to improve with these.

  5. #5
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,320
    Clips of what goes on where you can re watch i think better than static cook books.
    .

  6. #6
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,320


    Number 6 in Patong does the best i have ever had.

    When done right one of my fav dishes.
    .

  7. #7
    Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Age
    51
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I only found out there were 2 types of Som Tam yesterday. I honestly thought it was an Isaan Dish to start with 555. I will be trying some of these in the future
    And they will both burn your arse the next day if done properly!

  8. #8
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    8,720
    How to do it in the kitchen....







    .............. oops, I misread the title .... solly
    wabbits, justcruzing1 and Nomad like this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

  9. #9
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,969
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    How to do it in the kitchen....


    .............. oops, I misread the title .... solly
    That's rather spicey... for breakfast!
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  10. #10
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    And they will both burn your arse the next day if done properly!
    Nothing wrong with a little ring sting the next day.... :P

  11. #11
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Went to a Thai restaurant in Melbourne city the other night... Thip asked for Som Tum in Thai, the waiter asked me what she said!... after repeating it in english we were informed that they did not sell it... we then asked if anyone spoke Thai as he clearly must have been wrong... "No we all Chinese!!"......WTF!
    It's now become a joke for us "Honey you want to go to a good restaurant for dinner?, I know a good one!"

  12. #12
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    8,720
    A good reference here for Thai ingredients > List of Thai ingredients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    wabbits likes this.

  13. #13
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    8,720
    Just had Kao Mok Gai for lunch, cooked by our landlady using authentic whole spices, and WOW .... talk about flavour! A quick Google found this site which includes some fabulous recipes, including the above mentioned > Recipes Nor-mai Boise

    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    To Salt or Not to Salt - That is the Question?

    There is a great divide amongst cooks and chefs as to the most appropriate time to season (salt) meat.

    This article was very interesting (probably more applicable to farang food rather than Thai "fast food ")

    The Juicy Secret to Seasoning Meat | Food & Wine

  15. #15
    Cadet Gold matto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ไม่รู้
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Went to a Thai restaurant in Melbourne city the other night... Thip asked for Som Tum in Thai, the waiter asked me what she said!... after repeating it in english we were informed that they did not sell it... we then asked if anyone spoke Thai as he clearly must have been wrong... "No we all Chinese!!"......WTF!
    It's now become a joke for us "Honey you want to go to a good restaurant for dinner?, I know a good one!"
    Thats happened to us a few times here in Sydney, go to a Thai restaurant ask my gf to order our food, starts talking thai.... oh sorry im not Thai

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    To Salt or Not to Salt - That is the Question?

    There is a great divide amongst cooks and chefs as to the most appropriate time to season (salt) meat.

    This article was very interesting (probably more applicable to farang food rather than Thai "fast food ")

    The Juicy Secret to Seasoning Meat | Food & Wine
    Good article.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    ^^^^
    I was always of the "salt after cooking group" for whole cuts of meat, steaks, chicken etc.
    But I tried the pre- salting technique (only 8 hours) for lamb shanks and they were luscious.

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    ^^^^
    I was always of the "salt after cooking group" for whole cuts of meat, steaks, chicken etc.
    But I tried the pre- salting technique (only 8 hours) for lamb shanks and they were luscious.
    I season steaks 10 minutes before throwing them into the pan. Thick pork chops are nice when brined for 8 hours.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •