Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon
  • 1 Post By Bacon

Thread: Pig on spit

Pig on spit

Not sure if this is covered somewhere as Im sure plenty of members have celebrated birthdays in Patong.
    Its a big one for me next year so looking to celebrate with the people I have known in Patong over the last 6 years. I wanted to get a spit roast pig and have it served at the bar of my choice down a soi off Bangla.
    I thought I saw somewhere that Expat does spit roast catering...not sure. Anyway...need to know who and how much it may cost me...any one done this??

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Dons BBQ and bar might be a good place to start.

he's done many bbq's at bars along bangla over the years and i'm sure can organise whatever you want.
    bobdown48 likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Don's BBQ might offer the service.
    bobdown48 likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Wow that was quick...thanks guys !!!

Or perhaps Summer Breeze? Bill has been known to host pretty awesome BBQ birthday parties.

Hi to E.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Or perhaps Summer Breeze? Bill has been known to host pretty awesome BBQ birthday parties.

Hi to E.
    I'd do the party at Summer Breeze and invite people you know early in the evening

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I'd do the party at Summer Breeze and invite people you know early in the evening
    and all the tgs walking past 5555555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    and all the tgs walking past 5555555
    Yup
    We had a little wedding party there.
    Bill arranged Don's and also a buffet set up by his restaurant

Was fantastic
    But I don't know if the OP has certain people he wants to invite or just set up shop somewhere.........If just setting up shop(a bit weird actually) than he'd be better off in a soi bar

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    whats all that stuff on the chops 555555..do you want to eat meat or marinade 555555

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Yup
    We had a little wedding party there.
    Bill arranged Don's and also a buffet set up by his restaurant

Was fantastic
    But I don't know if the OP has certain people he wants to invite or just set up shop somewhere.........If just setting up shop(a bit weird actually) than he'd be better off in a soi bar
    Saw it done at Lucys bar in Freedom..so was looking at the same thing. Just set up and free food for any who want some...Most likely will do same place.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post

Hi to E.
    Thanks Rob. Hope all is well. Ellen says Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdown48 View Post
    Thanks Rob. Hope all is well. Ellen says Hi.
    Yes mate, all is well up here with Jo and me, hopefully we'll meet up again one day soon.

Regards to Ellen ...
    Last edited by kaptainrob; 4th June 2016 at 23:48.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by bobdown48 View Post
    Not sure if this is covered somewhere as Im sure plenty of members have celebrated birthdays in Patong.
    Its a big one for me next year so looking to celebrate with the people I have known in Patong over the last 6 years. I wanted to get a spit roast pig and have it served at the bar of my choice down a soi off Bangla.
    I thought I saw somewhere that Expat does spit roast catering...not sure. Anyway...need to know who and how much it may cost me...any one done this??
    This is an old thread but ask a bar owner / manager as they will know someone for sure.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    The only times I've had pig on a spit was at people's homes outside the city, and for special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    The only times I've had pig on a spit was at people's homes outside the city, and for special occasions.

That looks good, but there is no chance the bar girls could take charge of that without serving it raw or over cooked,I am 100% sure mamma or senior relative could cook it that way, but rotating it guarantees 365 degree cooking (if set up right), always better to get in a Pro 55555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    That looks good, but there is no chance the bar girls could take charge of that without serving it raw or over cooked,I am 100% sure mamma or senior relative could cook it that way, but rotating it guarantees 365 degree cooking (if set up right), always better to get in a Pro 55555
    It was a big party at a lovely home in a rice paddy area about 20 km outside Chiang Mai. Lots of people and older ladies (50+ years?) doing all the cooking... of which there was lots. Mostly Thai people, but a dozen or more farangs. The owner of the home was a bit of an arrogant prick that liked to show off, but otherwise okay. His young wife was beautiful and his son had a gorgeous girl friend. I was there as a friend of a friend and pretty much just stood around observing what was going on... and taking pictures that I gave to the owner later.