Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: who dose the best lobster in patong

  1. #1
    Cadet Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    430

    who dose the best lobster in patong

    something i would like to eat so who in patong dose the best lobster dinner preferably so i dont have to work out what parts of the lobster to crack open and eat as i would not have a clue

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,639
    I think lobster in Thailand is not very good, not that sweet and WAY overpriced

    I'd stick to nice big bbq prawns or however you like them prepared
    kaptainrob, Zablive and poseidon like this.

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,409
    I like it with Garlic and Pepper , the Salathai do a great version , nothing to pick , the meat is removed and chopped into bitesize pieces , then put back in the shell once cooked
    Dupree likes this.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,409
    found a pic


  5. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand when home
    Posts
    828
    Have to agree with Marc26
    Save your money
    Have had the same disappointing tastes in Indonesia, the Carribean and Goa, India and I have wondered whether it is because they are growing in warm water.

    New Zealand crayfish have a very marked and delicious flavour but of course colder waters.
    From the reports, Maine Lobster are the same strong flavour, cold water.

    The other thing is are they all farmed now?
    That that will make a huge difference in taste too.
    Moo Uaon likes this.

  6. #6
    Cadet Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    430
    hmm i remember the Caribbean the lobster was bitter i put that down tho to being all inclusive and the lobster sitting out shame about that. also the lobster in the picture looks spoiled just serve the meat in the shell clean as Buddha intended

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,639
    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Have to agree with Marc26
    Save your money
    Have had the same disappointing tastes in Indonesia, the Carribean and Goa, India and I have wondered whether it is because they are growing in warm water.

    New Zealand crayfish have a very marked and delicious flavour but of course colder waters.
    From the reports, Maine Lobster are the same strong flavour, cold water.

    The other thing is are they all farmed now?
    That that will make a huge difference in taste too.
    It is exactly because it is in warm water
    The cold water makes them sweeter

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    That looks like a "Painted Cray" to me which are vegetarian - hence don't taste as good as the ones that are red when cooked .
    Plus the cold water factor.
    Although we caught both off Exmouth (tropical) - which is why I know the difference.

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,639
    One of the best things about my marriage
    We buy a lobster and use the whole thing
    I eat all the good parts and my wife eats the whole head! 555
    Quarky and justcruzing1 like this.

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    Same same here with chickens.

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    That looks like a "Painted Cray" to me which are vegetarian - hence don't taste as good as the ones that are red when cooked .
    Plus the cold water factor.
    Although we caught both off Exmouth (tropical) - which is why I know the difference.
    Sold as Phuket Lobster , but it doesn't have the large claws on the ones we get in the UK

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Same same here with chickens.
    We went to dinner with my family, casual place
    I got a lobster, Ao ate the head............was sitting across from my sister who was horrified 555
    TMTBOUND likes this.

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,932
    Quarky, Sydney, TMTBOUND and 1 others like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,119
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    We went to dinner with my family, casual place
    I got a lobster, Ao ate the head............was sitting across from my sister who was horrified 555
    The insides right? Not the shell too?!
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,932
    ^ they eat shells,cartilage and bones too.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    The insides right? Not the shell too?!
    Yes but everything inside

    She doesn't even have interest in the meat we do

    Works great!

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,119
    Isn't there something in the head that is poisonous?
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  18. #18
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,962
    Price vs value to me lobster is one of the most over rated foods. Sure there is more over priced food like birds nest soup. But like the birds nest soup it has become a status symbol. Same same but different to me.

    Sure catch some and eat them. Still the catch is more fun than the eating.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 
      
       
       
         
       
      
     

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,639
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Price vs value to me lobster is one of the most over rated foods. Sure there is more over priced food like birds nest soup. But like the birds nest soup it has become a status symbol. Same same but different to me.

    Sure catch some and eat them. Still the catch is more fun than the eating.
    Lobster tastes damn awesome......that's why I eat it, not thinking of any type of status

    And if you are in the right place.......is cheaper than a steak
    We just had 1 1/2 lb lobsters with fries for 20usd

    I grew up eating them, and there was no status in our household.....believe me 555

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,814
    When I had my Oyster wholesale business on the GC I joined forces with a guy that flew Lobsters from an Island off Tas. I supplied him with Oysters at cost, he let me have lobsters at his cost, we left each others clients alone.

    He had huge tanks full of them and every so often i would just buy one for dinner, cook it, cut it, smother it in a marinade of Garlic, lemon butter and melted cheese, OHHhh MAN it was the BEST!!
    TLandHim likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •