Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: looking for some restaurants 40-50 pound a meal and some Michelin star ones to

Cadet Gold

looking for some restaurants 40-50 pound a meal and some Michelin star ones to

so me and my friend have more money than we thought this is good news so where would you recommend for some good dining in phuket im budgeting a 3 course meal 40-50 per person and if you have any Michelin star restaurants you can recommend for some "no expense spared dining" so to speak, that would be good to. really on the hunt for Japanese food as well guys again willing to spend really good money on Japanese food i love it

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    High end and fantastic food Phuket Restaurants | Baan Rim Pa Restaurant Group, Patong, Phuket

But you will easily be able to spend 40-50 in any of the beach front Sea food restaurants

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    The 9th Floor is probably the closest thing to a western michelin starred restaurant in Patong

As SE mentioned the Joes/Maurizio/Baan Rim Pa group are very god with great views.....Also very good is The boathouse in Kata

Phuket Restaurant 9th Floor Open Air Restaurant Bar Wine Dining Patong Phuket

Boathouse Wine & Grill | Boathouse

Cadet Gold
    so what about recommendations overall guys 9th floor dose not rate that good on trip advisor

Quote Originally Posted by poseidon View Post
    so what about recommendations overall guys 9th floor dose not rate that good on trip advisor
    Probably because people who go there don't realise its expensive

How many reviews did you read ... the overwhelming majority rate it excellent or very good ...

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...hu_Phuket.html

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    When are you off mate? Are you going to do a trip report?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadet Gold
    off on the 11th bro as for the trip report ill try but im not much of a writer and going to be out most days and the nights will have company...,plus i am going to be very busy plumbing student at college, full time job and hopefully assuming blood results are clear building fitness for the army and saving for a mortgage on top of my union work ect ect. I cant wait most of the time will be spent in phuket a day in Bangkok possibly aruytta (that how its spelt) as well. the advice is well appreciated think ive got patong largely figured out for where stuff is and a finally count of 3400 not including credit cards (which i dont want to touch) all i need to complete the planning is a good list of Japanese and northern thai restaurants

This is similar to a trip I did Thailand's Ayutthaya Temples and River Cruise from Bangkok - Bangkok | Viator

Bus from Bangkok to Summer Palace , then to Ayutthaya , back on a cruise boat ( lunch included ) - great day out

I think there are a few companies that do it

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    off on the 11th bro as for the trip report ill try but im not much of a writer and going to be out most days and the nights will have company...,plus i am going to be very busy plumbing student at college, full time job and hopefully assuming blood results are clear building fitness for the army and saving for a mortgage on top of my union work ect ect. I cant wait most of the time will be spent in phuket a day in Bangkok possibly aruytta (that how its spelt) as well. the advice is well appreciated think ive got patong largely figured out for where stuff is and a finally count of 3400 not including credit cards (which i dont want to touch) all i need to complete the planning is a good list of Japanese and northern thai restaurants
    I think you should capitalize 555

If you are going to BKK I would hold off for your fine dining meal there.
    There is 100's of incredible restaurants in BKK of any type of food you desire.

Steak
    Italian
    Sushi/Japanese
    French
    Italian

To be honest Japanese is probably the least represented out of all the types of food.

If you like any other type of food.....I can give you a bunch of recommendations

PS.....It is kind of ironic that when people don't have an objection to a BM's opinion, they also don't seem too bothered with the lack of punctuation....... Weird how that works,eh....

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

PS.....It is kind of ironic that when people don't have an objection to a BM's opinion, they also don't seem too bothered with the lack of punctuation....... Weird how that works,eh....
    Always nice to newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Always nice to newbies
    M26 was a newbie once... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    M26 was a newbie once... 55
    Sounds like he needs a hug ... 555
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Sounds like he needs a hug ... 555
    He doesn't hug or hold hands..
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    He doesn't hug or hold hands..
    Only with you darlink ......

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I think you should capitalize 555

If you are going to BKK I would hold off for your fine dining meal there.
    There is 100's of incredible restaurants in BKK of any type of food you desire.

Steak
    Italian
    Sushi/Japanese
    French
    Italian

To be honest Japanese is probably the least represented out of all the types of food.

If you like any other type of food.....I can give you a bunch of recommendations

Newish Jap in Thong Lor might make the A list but I cant find any reviews as yet. Iron Chefs Table is a spin off from the TV series and looks mighty expensive. Even a hole-in-wall sushi joint across the road was 1900 to 2500 a dish!

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Newish Jap in Thong Lor might make the A list but I cant find any reviews as yet. Iron Chefs Table is a spin off from the TV series and looks mighty expensive. Even a hole-in-wall sushi joint across the road was 1900 to 2500 a dish!

If he was stuck on Japanese I was going to recommend some smaller new Japanese places in Thonglor actually.
    But they wouldn't be fine dining but definitely higher end.
    That Iron Chef looks too kitxy to me....

If he wants true fine dining he could try Le Normandie in The Mandarin Oriental.....one of Thailand's best restaurants for over a decade.
    Joel Rubochon just recently opened a restaurant in Bangkok.......I would think he is the most famous chef, or at least one of, to ever open a restaurant in Thailand

Italian he could try Angelini in the Shangri La which was one of the better dinners I have had in Thailand and their Tiramasu for dessert was THE best I ever had

There a bunch of new steakhouses but I still think NY Steakhouse in JW Marriott is the closest to a proper steak house.

of course there are the several Japanese places in Patong...Fuji, Zen, Wasabi, Sushi Box to name a few....they are not special outings places but offer up pretty good Japanese food at reasonable prices

BTW I agree with M26...the "special" dining experience would best be left for BKK....loads more choice

and there are some great rooftop restaurant bars where you can take it all in for just the price of (an expensive) drink

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    of course there are the several Japanese places in Patong...Fuji, Zen, Wasabi, Sushi Box to name a few....they are not special outings places but offer up pretty good Japanese food at reasonable prices
    I never been disappointed with a meal at Fuji and a nice set up there as well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast