Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Thai, Korean, Italian, Mexican or Kiwi

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar

Thai, Korean, Italian, Mexican or Kiwi

So I can say, should we eat Thai tonight or maybe Indian, Mexican or even Korean, but i am not going to say letís go out for a kiwi meal ...5555

Jay asked what our food taste was, or flavour.. and it got me thinking about the whole food history, how certain countries have world known crusines... and then why the kiwis and Australians to a certain degree donít have a certain food thatís regarded as a crusine...

Our influence is obviously English, so maybe thatís the problem, you arenít going to traveling in some country and say, hey letís go to a English restaurant tonight ...

We can eat American, itís called Macdonalds or KFC ..555. Maybe a hotdog ... so this makes me think economics has played apart in how certain countries have developed better crusines around the importance placed on food in poorer countries ... we all nknow how important food is to Thai girls

Long histories also comes into it, survival by food as well, even hiding rancid meat by spices

Then you have Europen countries, French Greek etc all have there own well known foods

I guess the English and Americans just suck at food for what ever reasons and this has filtered down to Aus and NZ... anyone for a Meat Pie and tomatoe sauce ? 5555

Anyone have any idea why we suck so bad at food ? Or are we that bad .... is your country bad too ?
    Hatari likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

You never had a Full English for Breakfast then? ..55

I guess you have things like Beef Wellington, Cottage Pie, Shepherds Pie, Steak & Kidney Pie, Bangers & Mash, Cornish Pasties, Yorkshire Roast, Fish & Chips, Chicken Tikka Masala ... 55
    Last edited by Quarky; 24th June 2018 at 20:34.
    wabbits and Stillearly like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    ^^ 555. Yeah right I am in travelling the world, and in small town and what’s my chances of going out to dinner for a cottage pie compared to finding a Indian or Thai restaurant ?
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    ^^ 555. Yeah right I am in travelling the world, and in small town and what’s my chances of going out to dinner for a cottage pie compared to finding a Indian or Thai restaurant ?
    I have had some of those in Thailand... and around Europe... even in Romania!.. 55

But I agree.. English cuisine is pretty much of non-English origin.... much like the people!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    The French call the English , Le Roast Boeuf , so I assume that is the national dish we are known for .. or any roasts

Aussies I associate with BBQs ( specifically prawns ... )

New Zealand it would be lamb I guess ... but not sure if that's just eating it ....
    kaptainrob likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    ^^ look at a map and you will see the answer...
    All the great cuisines in the world are where it's hot and humid, where food will rot in hours rather than days..
    The great cooking techniques are simply ways to prevent food from rotting too quickly.

The northern countries in Europe have no great cuisines, because it was too easy to preserve food..

Quarky, Sydney, PeteGill and 1 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    So I can say, should we eat Thai tonight or maybe Indian, Mexican or even Korean, but i am not going to say let’s go out for a kiwi meal ...5555

Jay asked what our food taste was, or flavour.. and it got me thinking about the whole food history, how certain countries have world known crusines... and then why the kiwis and Australians to a certain degree don’t have a certain food that’s regarded as a crusine...

Our influence is obviously English, so maybe that’s the problem, you aren’t going to traveling in some country and say, hey let’s go to a English restaurant tonight ...

We can eat American, it’s called Macdonalds or KFC ..555. Maybe a hotdog ... so this makes me think economics has played apart in how certain countries have developed better crusines around the importance placed on food in poorer countries ... we all nknow how important food is to Thai girls

Long histories also comes into it, survival by food as well, even hiding rancid meat by spices

Then you have Europen countries, French Greek etc all have there own well known foods

I guess the English and Americans just suck at food for what ever reasons and this has filtered down to Aus and NZ... anyone for a Meat Pie and tomatoe sauce ? 5555

Anyone have any idea why we suck so bad at food ? Or are we that bad .... is your country bad too ?
    Americans suck at food?
    Have you ever been to a restaurant in the US?
    The US has the best steakhouses in the world, it has incredible seafood restaurants, fantastic bistros

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Americans suck at food?
    Have you ever been to a restaurant in the US?
    The US has the best steakhouses in the world, it has incredible seafood restaurants, fantastic bistros
    isnt that French ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    isnt that French ?
    No there are American bistros

Although yes the word is French 555

What would be the most famous original American dish? And don't say steak... or Apple Pie.. 55

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    What would be the most famous original American dish? And don't say steak... or Apple Pie.. 55
    Why couldn't I say steak?
    We have the best steakhouses in the world which pretty much sits atop the food chain

It's like don't say spaghetti for Italy

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Why couldn't I say steak?
    We have the best steakhouses in the world which pretty much sits atop the food chain

It's like don't say spaghetti for Italy
    i think Brazil or Argentina might be hard to beat when it comes to steak
    Quarky and Rockitt like this.

Yeah I don't think of steak as originating from America like spaghetti or pizza from Italy... but there must be a dish that is unequivocally American?

Yeah I don't think of steak as originating from America like spaghetti or pizza from Italy... but there must be a dish that is unequivocally American?
    Grits ...

Grits ...
    Didn't even know what that was.. Apart from Apple Pie, a Hotdog or a Hamburger comes to mind... though probably find the Germans involved somewhere... 55.

Didn't even know what that was.. Apart from Apple Pie, a Hotdog or a Hamburger comes to mind... though probably find the Germans involved somewhere... 55.
    Cajun cooking I think is uniquely North American

Cajun cooking I think is uniquely North American
    There you go, that's what I was looking for.

There is a lot of local foods that aren't even well known in other parts if the country and they are 100% American but foreigners would definitely not know of them

There are 4 in Boston that most people wouldn't even know about but are local favorites

Lobster rolls (they've now gone national)
    Steak tips
    Steamers
    Fried clams

Then thinking of toasted raviolis in St Louis

And although I don't particularly care for it, I'd say BBQ is distinctly American
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 25th June 2018 at 00:33.

There you go, that's what I was looking for.
    BBQ would also be distinctly American
    wabbits and Quarky like this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast