Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Poor Restaurant experience

  1. #21
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,389
    I find Vietnamese to be the least warm as restaurants owners/staff out of all the Asia eateries

    I wouldn't even say rude but you never build much of a rapport with them

    Ao and I must have eaten in the one in our building 100x and have never built up any sort of rapport

  2. #22
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,377
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I find Vietnamese to be the least warm as restaurants owners/staff out of all the Asia eateries

    I wouldn't even say rude but you never build much of a rapport with them

    Ao and I must have eaten in the one in our building 100x and have never built up any sort of rapport
    And yet my good friend much prefers Vietnam to Thailand or Cambodia. So do a lot of his friends.

  3. #23
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    And yet my good friend much prefers Vietnam to Thailand or Cambodia. So do a lot of his friends.
    I'm not talking about the countries
    I am talking about the restaurants in the West

    And I wouldn't say they are rude...........just not as warm

  4. #24
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    9,080
    ^ my favourite Vietnamese Restaurant in Newtown, Sydney...just by being regular customers over the years...became friends with the owner (Angie)...went to her babies christening, many home dinners/parties etc...had her and her husband/family to my house on several occasions...went to see her son play his first gig, his 21st and wedding...and her wedding when she eventually remarried....

    a warmer, more generous woman would be hard to find...
    Ian Forbes and Cobba like this.

  5. #25
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,943
    Speaking of VN food An Pho in CM has closed as the owner got a better offer in another country... use to love there banh mi with marinated pork.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  6. #26
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    8,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Speaking of VN food An Pho in CM has closed as the owner got a better offer in another country... use to love there banh mi with marinated pork.
    Other way around Lew, 'Pho Anh', ... yes it's a big loss as they did some of the very best Vn food. The pulled pork banh mi was outstanding. Another Vn joint, 'Sai Gon', has gon from Meechok Plaza too. It was a one lady show, great food but slow service so I wasnt surprised it closed up.

    Moo Uaon and obes like this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

  7. #27
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,377
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Other way around Lew, 'Pho Anh', ... yes it's a big loss as they did some of the very best Vn food. The pulled pork banh mi was outstanding. Another Vn joint, 'Sai Gon', has gon from Meechok Plaza too. It was a one lady show, great food but slow service so I wasnt surprised it closed up.
    It's too bad those places have closed down, but not surprising really. There are so many places to eat that competition for the few customers is great. Those ruling Thailand right now appear to only value Chinese tourists. As we all know, the Chinese seem to only shop and dine at places owned and run by other Chinese. Everyone I've spoken to that have businesses in Chiang Mai have mentioned the lack of farang tourists. Even during the high season it is slow. I've seen all sorts of dining places in the night market area close and not reopen.
    Tingtong likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •