Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By justcruzing1

Thread: Which Visa ? Im in a quandary !

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar

Which Visa ? Im in a quandary !

Ok so i 've had my Lady down here for a holiday on a Tourist Visa . Now i want to marry her ! My quandry is ..... Do i go to Thailand and get married and apply for a partener Visa , Bring her down here on a Prospective Spouse Visa , Bring here down here on a Tourist Visa and get married then apply for a partener Visa ( is that even possible ) , send her home after visa runs out and sit back and await the result ? Try for a multi entry visa or any of the others that are available to us .
    Im confused ! Help !!!!!!!!!!
    Time is not so much of an issue , its just which way to go about it !

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    The Partner visa requires you to be together for 12mths and no marriage is required.... the spouse visa requires you to be married within 9mths of her coming here, you will probably need to have a celebrant booked before the application...
    Either way both take about the same time (6-10 mths) if lodged in LOS so if you want her here while you wait apply for a 12 or 6mth visa... just remember that they will only allow you to have a few Tourist Visas before a PR is required....

Did you read my "no further stay" thread?....http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/...-info/1240.htm useful info

yes i did ! that is what made me think of posting this question ! Yes it was deff noted into memory banks !
    Partener Visa is 12months together permanently isnt it ? or 12 months of knowing her etc ?

I'm pretty sure that getting married in LOS or while she's here doesn't make much difference to your application except the fact that it adds clout to how genuine the relationship is...
    Personally I'll be going for the Partner visa as opposed to the Prospective spouse visa as my marriage plans consist of a ceremony here and also one in Isaan, I want the flexibility of being able to choose when this will be instead of having the 9mth time frame pressuring me..
    It also means that if I can get the "no further stay" removed from her visa she can stay with me indefinitely on her next trip over

likes the sound of that ! So a Partener visa is different to the fiance one ? I thought you had to be living together for 12 months for that one !

This is the actual wording
    You and your partner must have been in an ongoing and committed de facto relationship for the entire 12 months immediately prior to applying for the visa. Any periods of seperation must only be tempory. Note: The 12 month relationship requirement does not apply in some circumstances

so if you apply for a 12 month multi entry after 6 months at a guess you and the Mrs should qualify
    Last edited by PatongBeachBoy; 22nd June 2011 at 22:18.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Not sure we did it the right way...But getting married did add weight and made it a little easier the other end.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Wabbs I recall you and Joy had a period apart, this was after your marriage (I think !), how long was the time apart and how the hell did you handle it ?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Wabbs I recall you and Joy had a period apart, this was after your marriage (I think !), how long was the time apart and how the hell did you handle it ?
    From memory, it was 5-6 months, and no, he didn't handle it.

I guess he must have, as he, they are together.
    wabbits likes this.

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    It also means that if I can get the "no further stay" removed from her visa she can stay with me indefinitely on her next trip over
    PBB I can see you having a lot of trouble trying to get this removed, and I believe it will have to be exceptional circumstances. I have a feeling you will be wasting a lot of time and effort for no gain in the end except a 10 month wait apart.

I wish you all the best but I think I would take the safe route - You are going into uncharted waters and may end up providing a new and easy route to happiness. Then again you might end up shipwrecked for months awaiting rescue and then have to set off again on one of the regular routes.

Nothing like a trail blazer in this day and age 55555 Good Luck!!!!!!!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    This is the actual wording
    You and your partner must have been in an ongoing and committed de facto relationship for the entire 12 months immediately prior to applying for the visa. Any periods of seperation must only be tempory. Note: The 12 month relationship requirement does not apply in some circumstances

so if you apply for a 12 month multi entry after 6 months at a guess you and the Mrs should qualify
    What is there ruling on temporary? Does a TV 3 months, then back home 3 months another TV 3 months constitute Temporary ?

What is there ruling on temporary? Does a TV 3 months, then back home 3 months another TV 3 months constitute Temporary ?
    Not sure on this definition AM... I have heard conflicting views TBH!...

Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    PBB I can see you having a lot of trouble trying to get this removed, and I believe it will have to be exceptional circumstances. I have a feeling you will be wasting a lot of time and effort for no gain in the end except a 10 month wait apart.

I wish you all the best but I think I would take the safe route - You are going into uncharted waters and may end up providing a new and easy route to happiness. Then again you might end up shipwrecked for months awaiting rescue and then have to set off again on one of the regular routes.

Nothing like a trail blazer in this day and age 55555 Good Luck!!!!!!!
    Thanks Condo... It's a case of nothing ventured nothing gained!....
    I was actually ringing the Immigration Department to find out if I could lodge our Partner visa on Australian shores, the lady put me on to the 'No Further Stay' waiver...
    It gets judged on grounds of compassion and from what iv'e read and been told if it's declined it has no bearing on future application, so you never know... definitely the easiest route if it comes off!
    Could be time to pull that favour from the old family friend whose an MP!

Not well was quite stressful.
    Loads of calls and waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Not well was quite stressful.
    Loads of calls and waiting.
    I'm thinking this is going to get worse before it gets better in my case, the Month apart isn't getting any easier, even though the re meet up is getting closer, buggered how you handled 5 months or so Wabbs, must have done your head in at times. Time for another thread I think.

I'm thinking this is going to get worse before it gets better in my case, the Month apart isn't getting any easier, even though the re meet up is getting closer, buggered how you handled 5 months or so Wabbs, must have done your head in at times. Time for another thread I think.
    No choice really but loads of chat and at all hours.
    Imagine the days before Voip and the cost.....
    Forward planning is the key break up the time apart with a trip i think would help.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    After reading this I am starting to think "What have I gotten myself into..." I think that working for the future is a must in this situation, which is why you will see me asking a lot of questions about Visa's in the future. Gaz, I hope all goes well for the 2 of you and you do end up choosing the right path. I know Tane is missing you as much as you would be missing her. She could not stop talking about you the whole time we were together. I want an invite to the wedding..555