Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Thai-Australian Dual Citizenship?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Thai-Australian Dual Citizenship?

I was asked tonight at work if Thai people can get dual citizenship and I was unsure as to how to answer that. Once they have become an Aussie Citizen can TGs still retain their Thai Citizenship? Or do they have to apply for a Visa like an Aussie would to stay over 30 days in Thailand?

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Apparently it's technically illegal. Thailand doesn't recognise dual citizenship.

But........ TIT and it seems many Thais do have dual citizenship.

A little bit of info here.

Even Abhisit has dual Thai / UK citizenship.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I think what most do is keep their passport in their maiden (Thai) name and have their new citizenship/passport in their married name..... They then re-new the passport when it expires.... This allows them to carry 2 ppassports

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Good info i never even thought it might not be ok from a Thailand point of view.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    HRH was born in the USA. (But I can't comment on that).
    Abhisit is dual Thai/British (And covered it up).
    Obama is dual British/American (And covered it up).
    Julia Gillard is triple British/Welsh/Australian (And couldn't care less).
    jontymate likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

Julia Gillard is triple British/Welsh/Australian (And couldn't care less).
    Huh! since when was 'Welsh' a nationality? (I've Never seen a Welsh passport)

If it is then Scottish is too and I'm a triple National Scottish / British / Australian

(And I couldn't care less either)

Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post
    Huh! since when was 'Welsh' a nationality? (I've Never seen a Welsh passport)

If it is then Scottish is too and I'm a triple National Scottish / British / Australian

(And I couldn't care less either)
    Of course I know that Welsh isn't a recognized nationality or sovereignty any more, and neither is Scottish. But if you know whats good for you don't ever try to call a Welshman "British". After all they are capable of reminding us that Henry Tudor was a Welshman first, and King of England second. Currently the royals are provided courtesy of "Ze Germans".

The Scots? Not quite as prickly about it all but they are equally as proud of their heritage.

And Julia? She could be half Eskimo and have mortgaged all the carbon in her body to pay her tax bill. I still couldn't care less about her..555

wabbits and jontymate like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    To become a citizen of another country is looked at as disrespecting the King. Keep two identities.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

And Julia? She could be half Eskimo and have mortgaged all the carbon in her body to pay her tax bill. I still couldn't care less about her..555

I'm with you C1 I can't even stand to hear her voice, yet alone look at her. The minute she comes on TV I change the channel.

I was talking to my best mate, like a big brother to me, yesterday and she came up in convrsation. He told me he, and 5 other guys he is friends with turn the TV off, or change stations, the second she comes on.

So I wonder how many others do the same, probably more than half the population. I have never spoken to someone that believe's in her or likes her. Most say she is the greatest disaster we have had.

Count me in with the channel changers.
    Now we are in for a whole week of that voice droning on and on about how the carbon tax is good for "All Australians" and how "It isn't a tax but it acts like one" and how "No-one will be worse off". Meanwhile...moving forward...aaaarrrggghhhh!!!*nothing+
    D'ya think Wales'd take her back? Wait a sec...It's not a country is it...Have to check with the UN first.
    G4orce likes this.

Count me in with the channel changers.
    Now we are in for a whole week of that voice droning on and on about how the carbon tax is good for "All Australians" and how "It isn't a tax but it acts like one" and how "No-one will be worse off". Meanwhile...moving forward...aaaarrrggghhhh!!!*nothing+
    D'ya think Wales'd take her back? Wait a sec...It's not a country is it...Have to check with the UN first.
    Back to the GREEN GREEN grass of home.

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    To become a citizen of another country is looked at as disrespecting the King. Keep two identities.
    Are you for real??? DISRESPECTING to the KING. Really? Seriously? Please don't go there.

I am pretty sure that now Thailand allow to have more than one nationality or more than one passport. And this is how I applied for the Australian citizenship.

But anyway I went and google and still pretty sure that I am still have a Thai nationality UNLELSS we give that up officially. There is no automatically on this one. (This refering usvisa4thai.com - View topic -).

But I will make sure of that and come back with more information.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Gee that was easy to read Mrs M !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol . so glad i clicked on that link !
    G4orce and Mrs M. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post
    Are you for real??? DISRESPECTING to the KING. Really? Seriously? Please don't go there.

I am pretty sure that now Thailand allow to have more than one nationality or more than one passport. And this is how I applied for the Australian citizenship.

But anyway I went and google and still pretty sure that I am still have a Thai nationality UNLELSS we give that up officially. There is no automatically on this one. (This refering usvisa4thai.com - View topic -).

But I will make sure of that and come back with more information.
    Thanks Mrs M. for setting me straight. I have mainly used a visa agent for most of these situations. This was the way it was explained to me by the visa agent. To become a legal citizen of another country you would have to legally renounce your Thai citizenship because the Thai government would not recognize both. He then gave me the King bit.
    Dao goes by her birth name in Thailand and Married name In Australia and elsewhere in the world.
    He also said it would be better when it came time to purchase property in Thailand.
    I may have been given the wrong information. (I hope so) Looks like even paying someone to help with the visa hassles does not always work with the best information.
    Last edited by jontymate; 13th July 2011 at 09:23.

Mrs M.
    Thanks Mrs M. for setting me straight. I have mainly used a visa agent for most of these situations. This was the way it was explained to me by the visa agent. To become a legal citizen of another country you would have to legally renounce your Thai citizenship because the Thai government would not recognize both. He then gave me the King bit.
    Dao goes by her birth name in Thailand and Married name In Australia and elsewhere in the world.
    He also said it would be better when it came time to purchase property in Thailand.
    I may have been given the wrong information. (I hope so) Looks like even paying someone to help with the visa hassles does not always work with the best information.
    Agent! (again) can you imagine i am rolling my eyes up my house's roof.

My Thai neighbor have been trying to get her daughter here since when..let me think just around the time that Mr Wabbits applied for his wife' visa. But unfortunately my neighbor still could not get her daughter here. Well it is kind of both the agent & her selfish + greedy ex-husband. The daughter's father. But if the agent give them the right info. and took the right move. It will definitely save her sometime.

But I understand that there are many of us very busy with work and things. Its easy to get an agent to do it for you.

****OFF Topic**
    I use my Thai name for both of my passports, as we can not be bother changing name to Mr M. name. ^_^ I would love to use the name as it is such a beautiful name. And when I travel to TH, and when we check in for a ticket I seem often manage to have a staff that is not very nice + impolite like last time. I nearly bite her head off. but I will just waisting my time.

But I really think that if I use a FARANG name, it might make them look at me a little different that hey ..she is already married to This farang and she was not just going for a trial. I know nonsense and none of their business..

But last time our bags were over weight 4 kgs so I take some stuffs and put in my carry on bag. She ask are you living in AUS. (non of business but she did asked). and I said yes. and she say something like you take lot of stuff. (none of her business again). They annoying me. Even the big airline like Thai airway. Thare some I wonder how this people got their job and then a huh I know how..

Got to go shopping, Mr M. is waiting ^_^

Anyway, I will check with my friends again for more information.

And sorry! for my blunt last post. Its just the way I am (can not change, already tried that 55, poor Mr M. ^_&).

Mrs. M I love the way you share your thoughts. They are similar to the way Mr M shares his. I do not take any offense at all. I actually admire that you would challenge a statement and then back it up. It just reinforces that Mr. M has found the true Mrs. M

Or is that a reciprocal question like there is a hole in the bucket dear Liza.
    Last edited by jontymate; 13th July 2011 at 21:08.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    ......Or is that a reciprocal question like there is a hole in the bucket dear Liza.
    The thoughts I'll share here are "how the heck am I going to explain to her what THAT bucket quote means??"
    Life is the unexpected ...

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    chock dee Minder !

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    The thoughts I'll share here are "how the heck am I going to explain to her what THAT bucket quote means??"
    Just like a Bucket List 55555555

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    well, you better work that out! coz I am waiting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast