Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By justcruzing1

Thread: Just a tricky question

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar

Just a tricky question

Chatting with TG tonight, she posed a curly question that I had no answer for.

Hypothectically speaking. BF lives in say Oz, TGF in Thailand, and you want to do a holiday together say in Europe and England/Ireland, how does all the visa requirements work in a complicated situation like that ?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I have a feling AM this might be to hard from what i can gather.
    If she had a Oz Long stay visa first much easier i think.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Bloody hard work. Unless you have family there.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    probably easier to pick a country from the list Condo supplied... but to answer your question, she would have to apply for a visa similar to the one she has coming to Oz but without a letter of invitation... she would have to meet the requirments of that countries visa and I'm guessing like Oz would have to show money in an account... you also might need a visa depending on the country

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    If I remember the answer I saw to this on Thai visa or similar you book the holiday as a tour - e.g. 10 days package - via a travel agent IN THAILAND - both parties departing and returning to Thailand as per the pre-paid itinerary and let the travel agent take care of the visas via the rubber stamp processes they have for that sort of thing.......otherwise......
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    If I remember the answer I saw to this on Thai visa or similar you book the holiday as a tour - e.g. 10 days package - via a travel agent IN THAILAND - both parties departing and returning to Thailand as per the pre-paid itinerary and let the travel agent take care of the visas via the rubber stamp processes they have for that sort of thing.......otherwise......
    Thanks for all replies, Minder that sounds like the logical way that you would most likely do it, though I'm looking for an escape clause from a holiday like this 555.

Also if you are travelling in Europe, does a visa for one Country say Germany, allow you travel through the other European countries ?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    No problems for you to go and holiday in the UK or Europe ....no visa required if stay less then 90 days. Here is a list of countries below that you can pass through without a visa.

However for her the same rules apply for europe Uk as they do for her coming her.....simply put Thailand is considered a high risk country in regards to visa and travel......their is your get out clause right there...........want until you are married AM and have won lotto, then you can travel the UK and Europe.........

If you want one more get out clause i traveled UK and euroupe with my ex and 2 kids about 12 years ago........$ 20K for 5 frigging weeks.....never again for me unless i win lotto....5555555 How long does 20K last in thailand on Holiday.....2 years ??

Generally, Australian tourists planning to spend less than a total of 90 days (within a six month period) in the 'Schengen area' do not require visas for countries which are parties to the Schengen Convention

The following countries are parties to the Schengen Convention: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    No problems for you to go and holiday in the UK or Europe ....no visa required if stay less then 90 days. Here is a list of countries below that you can pass through without a visa.

However for her the same rules apply for europe Uk as they do for her coming her.....simply put Thailand is considered a high risk country in regards to visa and travel......their is your get out clause right there...........want until you are married AM and have won lotto, then you can travel the UK and Europe.........

If you want one more get out clause i traveled UK and euroupe with my ex and 2 kids about 12 years ago........$ 20K for 5 frigging weeks.....never again for me unless i win lotto....5555555 How long does 20K last in thailand on Holiday.....2 years ??

Generally, Australian tourists planning to spend less than a total of 90 days (within a six month period) in the 'Schengen area' do not require visas for countries which are parties to the Schengen Convention

The following countries are parties to the Schengen Convention: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
    Thanks Sydney, 20k, half a house in LOS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Thanks Sydney, 20k, half a house in LOS
    In many parts of Thailand 20k will build you a good western style house. A friend demolished his mother in laws house in Korat, so they had the land.

He built her a solid block, rendered, 3 br home with western kitchen and bathrooms, porch and carport for $21k. Looked great in the photo's.

He also bought he and wife, a new 3 br western home on an estate on the outskirts of Korat, that has man made lake, for 34 or 37k i can't be sure which it was.
    G4orce likes this.