Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Visa Australia

fratech68

Visa Australia

Does any body know about stage 2 to the sub class 309 visa to Australia , Does the spouse need to go to english classes to get permanent residency or what else do we have to do & how much does it cost . We will returning this month & i hope stage 2 is not as stressful as this 1 has been

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I think she is entitled to 500hrs through AIMS... Unless it has changed recently!

fratech68
    Do they have to do it someone told me they do to get residency .. Not sure jumping the gun a bit

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    You do get free 500 hundred hours but sometimes location is an issue.
    Joy is doing it at the local tafe but this is not part of that program.
    Cost per semester is a about 75.00 so its like a who cares. This is for Cert 1 and then she can go on to cert 2.
    Though she can at any stage take up her 500 hours to advance her english not just for the very basic.
    I think english skills will not be a big this for perm residency but would become an issue for Citizenship test etc.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    The AMEP English lessons are available once you pass part of the residency requirements.
    After two years you should be eligible to apply for the (Second stage) permanent resident visa.
    Yes it is still a Royal pain to do as you need to repeat yourself ad nauseam and get more stat decs from people to say your relationship is still permanent, and pay AGAIN.
    As far as I know there is no compulsion to attend or pass english classes.

And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

fratech68
    When you say pay again how much $ we talking next time round

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    The AMEP English lessons are available once you pass part of the residency requirements.
    After two years you should be eligible to apply for the (Second stage) permanent resident visa.
    Yes it is still a Royal pain to do as you need to repeat yourself ad nauseam and get more stat decs from people to say your relationship is still permanent, and pay AGAIN.
    As far as I know there is no compulsion to attend or pass english classes.

What they said

Getting the "free"classes is as easy as getting all the other stuff we Australians get for free like free health care, free education, free legal representation etc..... I once met a woman who had been here for nearly 20 years and was still using her original 500 hours quota.

As we recently found out with Mrs M you need a good command of written english to pass the current Aussie citizenship test.......no actual skill was required for the PR stage but it probably looks better on the application if she is attending some english classes.

Enjoy.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fratech68 View Post
    When you say pay again how much $ we talking next time round
    $750...ish .....but that was 5 years ago......allow a grand and you might have enough left for a small round of drinks at the Sailor bar on soi 8.

Stick the gas bill in her name..... god knows why but they put a lot of stock in that sort of "proof" of the relationship.....hang onto some letters adressed to her at your home...and open a joint bank account (whether you put any real money in it depends on you).

The thing I remember about the PR application was that we could easily have faked twice as much "proof" as we had accumulated for real....

Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...