Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Translation Services in Phuket

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Translation Services in Phuket

Any one know of any Visa Accredited Translation services in Phuket? Turns out Noy's "friend" who does the translations is not recognised by Australian Immigration.. Noy is in Karon so something around there would be perfect but she can get to Patong if needed

She said she doen;t know of any others in Phuket and me being in Australia cannot really look around. Most of the places are kept off the Internet and you would not know about it unless you saw it.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    You can post or fax your documents to the place I gave you....
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    You can post or fax your documents to the place I gave you....
    So they will submit it for us once they have translated it? I know Noy is not a fan of sending original documents in the mail...

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    So they will submit it for us once they have translated it? I know Noy is not a fan of sending original documents in the mail...
    Yeah not a drama.... you will need to give them your Visa number and they will take them to the VFS for you, as they are in the same building it happens quite quickly...
    Has she been able to submit the visa application yet?

Yeah not a drama.... you will need to give them your Visa number and they will take them to the VFS for you, as they are in the same building it happens quite quickly...
    Has she been able to submit the visa application yet?
    Cool thanks for that. Do you have the details to the Translation place?
    Has not been able to submit it yet. I did send an email to that lady you told me you were in contact with and she confirmed that you do not have to submit everything at once.

ANZ Educational Centre co.ltd
    Ground floor, G8, Thai CC Tower
    889 South Sathorn Road, Yannawa
    Sathorn, Bangkok 10120 Thailand

Fax +66 (02) 6723865
    Tel +66 (02) 6723866

You will need a visa number so they can direct it on....
    Why dont you just wait until you get to BKK and do the police check at the same time, that way you will have the visa number and Noy wont be stressing about sending docs in the mail.... you will need a 3-4 days for the police check to be done, they wont take bribes to speed it up anymore!

ANZ Educational Centre co.ltd
    Ground floor, G8, Thai CC Tower
    889 South Sathorn Road, Yannawa
    Sathorn, Bangkok 10120 Thailand

Fax +66 (02) 6723865
    Tel +66 (02) 6723866

You will need a visa number so they can direct it on....
    Why dont you just wait until you get to BKK and do the police check at the same time, that way you will have the visa number and Noy wont be stressing about sending docs in the mail.... you will need a 3-4 days for the police check to be done, they wont take bribes to speed it up anymore!
    Yeah I did think of that but then she will have to do the medical before she comes back her again. The plan is to bring her home on a TV after my next trip. My train of thoughts was to get everything over and done with early so that she can come here and not worry about having to get home for a medical or anything else

You will have to wait 3 months for the medical request

Does this sound right? I found a few different numbers using google and Noy gave them a call. In HKT the price per page is 400-500B but 1000B to have it guaranteed and certified so that it is acceptable by Australian immigration. At first I thought "SCAM ALERT" but then found out every place was the same...

Then Noy called the Translator at Thai CC Building (PPB Post above) and they charge 200-300b a page but the 1000b for guarantee and certification... Sounds a little expensive but I do not know if this is normal or not. They will translate off an emailed copy but still have to see the originals

Well like I've said all along, we never got ours certified and haven't had a drama.... and as far as I'm aware they have been accepted and approved.... As the lady at the translation service said and from others, if you use a service that has dealings with the vfs centre things tend to go a bit smoother

Well like I've said all along, we never got ours certified and haven't had a drama.... and as far as I'm aware they have been accepted and approved.... As the lady at the translation service said and from others, if you use a service that has dealings with the vfs centre things tend to go a bit smoother
    I understand that you did not get things certified but everyone Noy has talked to (including VFS, Amphur, and translators) has said that it has to be done so she now has it in her head that it is a must to do so wants to have that done.

I decided to call the translation place myself and found out why Noy is so for Certification. It turns out certification is not required if you apply for the visa in Thailand but if applied for outside of Thailand it must be certified by the Foreign Ministers office. So if it is certified now when applying for the next part of the visa in Australia we do not have to get the documents translated again then certified by the foreign Minister... Makes sense now. I think we will end up using these people as they have been a great help already and just easier overall.