Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By PatongBeachBoy
  • 3 Post By Changone
  • 1 Post By Maverick351
  • 1 Post By Arliss Michaels

Thread: Multiply Entry Tourist Visa

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

Multiply Entry Tourist Visa

Has any one you know of successfully gained a multi entry tourist visa in the last year or so.

Or is it only 3 months at a time and that's it....then reapply.

Situation is one of Dao's friends has been here on a her 1st 3 month TV 6 month ago and is there any use in applying for a 6 or 12 months multi entry?
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    I intimated on the last application that we wanted multi entry, but they either rejected it, or breezed over it as only got 3 months with No Further Stay.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    We got one but it was by chance we got it... We applied for a 6mth visa and put on the application that we wanted to fly back to Oz in a week... We received a phonecall from VFS And was told that we would need X-rays, the man suggested we go for a multiple entry instead as no X-rays were required... We didn't have to do any extra paperwork it was all done over the phone.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    We got one but it was by chance we got it... We applied for a 6mth visa and put on the application that we wanted to fly back to Oz in a week... We received a phonecall from VFS And was told that we would need X-rays, the man suggested we go for a multiple entry instead as no X-rays were required... We didn't have to do any extra paperwork it was all done over the phone.

Not with you PBB do you mean 6 months in one go or 2x 3 months as in she comes three months flies out for a day or 2 and comes straight back for another 3 months.
    Last edited by jontymate; 12th April 2012 at 20:42.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    I intimated on the last application that we wanted multi entry, but they either rejected it, or breezed over it as only got 3 months with No Further Stay.
    Does that mean you asked (Applied) and rejected? This is the second TV correct?
    Last edited by jontymate; 12th April 2012 at 20:44.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I think multi entry tourist visas (Per se) are a myth.
    Immi says you with a TV you get three six or twelve months, depending on your application. Mostly people get three.
    Most people (Ex Thailand) get "No further stay" stamp and when you leave they put a big "Used" stamp over it as soon as you leave the country.
    The only one I ever heard of getting a multi entry visa was PBB. I never really understood how that worked, and it came unstuck later in the piece?
    The X ray requirement cuts in if your stay exceeds 6 months. I know this because when Nut got her TV extended she had to get one as a condition of extending.
    Last edited by Changone; 12th April 2012 at 21:47. Reason: Fact
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

It was presented as 4x 3mth visas but later (on the 3rd entry) the visa was cancelled as she had been in the country too many days within an 18mth period (read my not happy thread)

We got the 12month (multiple max stay of 3 months per visit).

My previous XTG (several years ago), had this, and we got it twice. Re-applied after the first 12 months were up, and got it. I think it depends on what info and paperwork you supply. I'm still deciding if were going to do this at the end of september, or decide on the spouse visa.

Thanks for the info. I will pass it on.

Any insights into how they think about tourist visas in terms of relative importance of:
    - time between two visa
    - time in the country for each visa

For instance, would the following second application be viewed differently:
    1. One month on a tourist visa now, and then apply for another tourist visa in 6 months
    2. Three months on tourist visa now, and then apply for another tourist visa in 6 months
    3. Three months on tourist visa now, and then apply for another tourist visa in 12 months

Apologies, JTM if hijacking your thread, but seems a related issue.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

There would be no difference in these 3 examples in the eyes of immigration... The second visa is an easier process even though the same paperwork is required, its just that you have ticked a major box in the visa process and that is being able to show proof that your TG will not over stay her visa... The time frame comes into play on the 4th visa app (this is when it happened to us) and it is judged on how many days have been spent in Oz within a set period... You shouldn't have any dramas with 2 or 3 visas in succession...
    NamTanMot likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    So some facts are emerging:

*You can apply for a tourist visa for up to twelve months.
    *Whatever length of stay you get on an original Tourist visa is at the discretion of Immigration. (Usually it is a maximum three month stay).
    *There is always a maximum consecutive number of days, that you can be present in Australia on any tourist visa, unless you apply for an extension in country.
    *No extension is allowed if your original visa is marked "No Further stay".
    *If you apply to come and go to Australia a number of times during your trip, and are issued with an original visa for longer than 3 months, each stay must not exceed three months.
    *This would suit someone who is (Say), on a tour and comes into Australia, (3 months) then travels O/S then back to Australia, (3 Months) off to Bali and back to Australia (3 months), then home.
    *The most time you can spend In Australia on a tourist visa is 9 months in any 18 month period.

Presumably, a "Multi entry" Tourist visa applies the "No further stay" restriction at the end of the term of the original tourist visa grant.

Has anyone rolled the dice on a fourth consecutive TV?

PatongBeachBoy, Spot and NamTanMot like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick351 View Post
    We got the 12month (multiple max stay of 3 months per visit).

My previous XTG (several years ago), had this, and we got it twice. Re-applied after the first 12 months were up, and got it. I think it depends on what info and paperwork you supply. I'm still deciding if were going to do this at the end of september, or decide on the spouse visa.
    Hi All,
    Just an update, on our arrival at Sydney A/P a few weeks ago, we were told that Immigration would like to see us. We meet the Officer (Indian) and he started to ask questions of our intentions, and also asked why so many visits. My reply was that the we were within the rules of the visa, and that we have never let her stay be longer than the 3 month period per visit. The reason for the stays is to allow her to be sure if she is liking to remain in Australia, as I don't see living in Thailand together as a couple wont happen until I retire. Also to get a feel of the daily living and being away from family for longer periods. Overall, between each trip, we have only spent about 1-2 weeks in Thailand before returning. So were have travelled 4 times within the 12 months and only in Thailand for no more than 5 weeks collectively, the rest of the time has been here in Oz with me.

The officer was trying to intimidate me, but I advised that as per the visa rules for this visa, she has multiple stays, as long as each visit is no more than 3 months per visit. I mentioned that if I wanted to maximise her stay, I could have gone and stayed away one day and returned to start another 3 month visit.

I did mention he can check my background out, as I do have customs clearance and other Federal status, as with my work.

In the end, I stated that we have done nothing wrong and when we return to Thailand in October. We are considering what visa we will be applying for next, as I suppose marriage will be coming up during next year.

We were allowed to go after the brief questioning, but he didn't win. I just think he was trying to either trip us up on questioning or an ego trip.

In the next few weeks, I got to look into the spouse visa or other ways to have her here permanently, without the long waiting.
    Spot likes this.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    ^^^ Interesting Mav, Indian people never seem to be much good with people skills, keep us updated as to which path you choose in having your TGF stay here for good.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    You want to try setting up finance with them.............Lots of head wobbling and statements like I am lying about the interest rate as their pocket calculator does not agree with my finance software.55555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    ^^^ Interesting Mav, Indian people never seem to be much good with people skills, .
    Yeah your right there ' "wanna buy a suit", "How ya going sport" "Gday mate" , thank god there is a footpath on the beach side of Beach Rd in Patong.
    Rivo likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    So some facts are emerging:

*You can apply for a tourist visa for up to twelve months.
    *Whatever length of stay you get on an original Tourist visa is at the discretion of Immigration. (Usually it is a maximum three month stay).
    *There is always a maximum consecutive number of days, that you can be present in Australia on any tourist visa, unless you apply for an extension in country.
    *No extension is allowed if your original visa is marked "No Further stay".
    *If you apply to come and go to Australia a number of times during your trip, and are issued with an original visa for longer than 3 months, each stay must not exceed three months.
    *This would suit someone who is (Say), on a tour and comes into Australia, (3 months) then travels O/S then back to Australia, (3 Months) off to Bali and back to Australia (3 months), then home.
    *The most time you can spend In Australia on a tourist visa is 9 months in any 18 month period.

Presumably, a "Multi entry" Tourist visa applies the "No further stay" restriction at the end of the term of the original tourist visa grant.

Has anyone rolled the dice on a fourth consecutive TV?

Some gold advice there China so a weekend in NZ and 3 more months?
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    ^^^ Interesting Mav, Indian people never seem to be much good with people skills, keep us updated as to which path you choose in having your TGF stay here for good.
    Ok shoot me down but it was the English who introduced beaurocrasy and public service power to India Seen the border guards closing the gate on the Pakistan border?
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....