Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 601
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Tourist Visa for GF

  1. #1
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010

    Tourist Visa for GF

    Hey guys, A few of you already know that I am looking at a Tourist Visa for my Teelak to come to Australia for the first time. I have already received some info from people and thank you a lot for it. Just would like to start getting the ball rolling.

    Any help would be great so I can word up the GF(she takes forever to do anything 555). She has land in Udon, her own MB and already has a Passport (but never been used). What other things do I and She need? She works in a Massage Parlor in Karon which I understand can be frowned upon by the Visa guys. Her sister works as a Hairdresser in BKK(which I am trying to get her to move to but would involve sending a bit of money to supplement her wage loss) Would it be a good idea to get her to write a letter to say she will have a job when she returns?

    Also I arrive in BKK on May 31st and will hand in the paperwork and everything then, so want to have everything ready before I go. Can I D/L forms online somewhere and fill them out?

    I am new to this but very excited so any help will be great.

  2. #2
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,256
    Maybe not mention the fact and sort it that she works with her sister so to speak and make sure she has some photos taken there.
    Photos of both of you will be essential to prove you are known to her.
    I know from earlier posts you are keeping phone records that will be useful
    Show money in her account helps so it can be seen she can leave under her own steam.
    I am sure others have things they can add.
    W.

  3. #3
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Go to the Australian Immigration site... there you will be able to DL the form.... I found that Stat Decs were the key... 1 was from me stating that I would support her during her stay and I would organize medical insurance and obviously give her a place to stay... but the important thing that they want to see is that YOU will will give assurance that she will adhere to her visa requirements and not overstay her visa.... I didn't have a lot of funds in the bank at the time so I also got my folks to also sign a Stat Dec stating that if required they would give financial support.... I also used a cover sheet that I got off Condo stating my intentions, that we intended to have a holiday together and build on our relationship, I covered our history and beefed it up a bit... I'm sure I have all my forms hanging around somewhere....
    It might cost you a beer 5555555555

  4. #4
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Maybe not mention the fact and sort it that she works with her sister so to speak and make sure she has some photos taken there.
    Photos of both of you will be essential to prove you are known to her.
    I know from earlier posts you are keeping phone records that will be useful
    Show money in her account helps so it can be seen she can leave under her own steam.
    I am sure others have things they can add.
    W.
    Got plenty of photos together, even have a photo of her at her sisters, so these could be good to have. Phone records I do have, Thanks again still the best way to call her. As for money in her account, you mean money from me? or just money in general? I have given her a travelex card which if i send money goes to that, so can show transfers and what not but cant exactly prove its from me as the card is in my name... I have emails, MSN records, have made sure I have kept everything that could be of use. Do they need hard(printed) copies or all on a CD? She did mention that after she goes home from song khan that she might go to BKK to work with the sister, will just have to make sure she takes a couple pics with her phone and send them to me.

    Thanks mate

  5. #5
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    It might cost you a beer 5555555555
    I can do the beer.. maybe even 2 if your lucky 555. If you don't mind that would be a great help. I guess work off something that has already worked and should all go to plan

  6. #6
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,256
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Got plenty of photos together, even have a photo of her at her sisters, so these could be good to have. Phone records I do have, Thanks again still the best way to call her. As for money in her account, you mean money from me? or just money in general? I have given her a travelex card which if i send money goes to that, so can show transfers and what not but cant exactly prove its from me as the card is in my name... I have emails, MSN records, have made sure I have kept everything that could be of use. Do they need hard(printed) copies or all on a CD? She did mention that after she goes home from song khan that she might go to BKK to work with the sister, will just have to make sure she takes a couple pics with her phone and send them to me.

    Thanks mate
    I think i put about 20k bt in her account so she could print out a receipt.
    Print out all the records or email them so she can print them out
    make sure you keep copies of everything you do.

  7. #7
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    They prefer hard copies of everything..... you can get online with your travelex card and print off the history of where the money has been used... keep in mind they have seen so many people like you and me fill out the applications, so they have pretty well seen every possible way of sending money.... Like I said to you before we said that Thip was a waitress, and they never asked about it.... The second application I filled out was almost identical just we asked for the 6mth visa, we got a call while in Isaan asking for records of my bank account... we popped down to the local internet cafe and printed them off and faxed them through.......
    there's not much to it, but best to be organised....
    Noy will just need her passport and Birth certificate and they will want a copy of yours.....
    your planning on going there to organize it right?.... as she's in Phuket they do have a visa office there, it could be an option to send it over (well) before you go, that way it will be out of the way with no stress!
    The first one is stressful the second is a walk in the park

  8. #8
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    I have kept copies of everything, but did leave the receipt for the computer with Noy for Warranty reasons, just hope she doesn't loose that.... I forgot about the birth Cert.

    The plan is to have everything ready so I can walk in the door in BKK on day 2 and hand them everything, Then off to Udon to met the Mum and spending a total of 20 nights or so in LOS. That way i guess they can call me and i will be in the country if they need anything else.

    Noy's sister has been to Australia before on a Visa, but will not help her out. She only cares about herself, She no send money home to mum, she no help with reading english etc. I had been taking notes from what i had read and been told but stupidly forgot to back that stuff up before formatting the computer... Doh!! I think from now I am going to print everything off and file it away

  9. #9
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Go to the Australian Immigration site... there you will be able to DL the form....
    Tourist Subclass 676 Visa?
    What forms do i need to have filled out?

  10. #10
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,256
    Hey G4 you will be glad to know that Australia has a online application process........just not for Thailand!!
    Its like a tease 555

  11. #11
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Hey G4 you will be glad to know that Australia has a online application process........just not for Thailand!!
    Its like a tease 555
    Yeah i guess they have to stop those people that used to get TG's down here to work in the brothels and what not. Too bad the people of the past have ruined it for the people who are legit now. Oh well I had every intention of being in BKK to do it all, just want to be prepared before i go

  12. #12
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Tourist Subclass 676 Visa?
    What forms do i need to have filled out?
    I'll check it out tonight when I get home.... but this one does sound right

  13. #13
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,256
    This is the correct visa (sub class 676)

    Imm Link here for this

  14. #14
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    This is the correct visa (sub class 676)

    Imm Link here for this
    Thanks thought that was the one. I have printed it off and starting to get everything ready.... A little early maybe but i am just a little excited about the whole idea of her being with me for 3 months (plus the 20 odd nights in LOS before she comes donw)

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,730
    G4orce,

    With the application, she has to send her passport, and her Thai identity card.

    What they will be looking at is how strong her ties back to Thailand are. Children, elderly parents that she can show she supports. Her siblings.

    Get a stat dec, signed off by a JP or better, a solicitor if you have one. Can get them to sign one at the local courthouse. Much more impressive than just a JP.

    Also write a covering letter.

    I have all of what I did on the computer at home, I'll send it to you and you can combine what you like. A couple of BM's have borrowed it and has worked, got an email yesterday from one saying his TGF has been here a week now.

    As stated before, Codo is the goto man for this if you get lost.

    Also, the fee has to be paid by a bank draft, it can not be by cash or credit card. (Unless something's changed)
    Last edited by justcruzing1; 19th February 2011 at 15:28.

  16. #16
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    G4orce,


    Also, the fee has to be paid by a bank draft, it can not be by cash or credit card. (Unless something's changed)
    We did ours in BKK.... strictly cash

  17. #17
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    G4orce,

    With the application, she has to send her passport, and her Thai identity card.

    What they will be looking at is how strong her ties back to Thailand are. Children, elderly parents that she can show she supports. Her siblings.

    Get a stat dec, signed off by a JP or better, a solicitor if you have one. Can get them to sign one at the local courthouse. Much more impressive than just a JP.

    Also write a covering letter.

    I have all of what I did on the computer at home, I'll send it to you and you can combine what you like. A couple of BM's have borrowed it and has worked, got an email yesterday from one saying his TGF has been here a week now.

    As stated before, Codo is the goto man for this if you get lost.

    Also, the fee has to be paid by a bank draft, it can not be by cash or credit card. (Unless something's changed)
    Thanks mate i am talking to that guy who would have sent that email as we speak he said that you were a great help and could not speak more highly of you. It would be a great help if you could send those docs through to me but will not hold a grudge if you do not want to. I will be going to do it all in BKK so will be paying cash. Do you remember the price at all? Noy has a Passport already (which I was skeptical of until i saw it myself) so will just have to get her to have it on her.

    As for paperwork to show ownership of land and MB is that necessary for a tourist Visa or hold off for down the track? She doesn't have any children and her mother is 43 (so not elderly) so trying to find ties to LOS for her. She does send money home to mum often, Would these records be needed?

  18. #18
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,100
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post

    As for paperwork to show ownership of land and MB is that necessary for a tourist Visa or hold off for down the track? She doesn't have any children and her mother is 43 (so not elderly) so trying to find ties to LOS for her. She does send money home to mum often, Would these records be needed?
    Paperwork of land ownership if its in her name is gold for the TV ...it shows a commitment to return to thailand which from what i have read is the immigrations biggest fear
    Last edited by Sydney; 19th February 2011 at 17:45. Reason: TV not TR you idiot...
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,730
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    We did ours in BKK.... strictly cash
    We did her's by courier, so I have it wrong.

    Cheers,

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Paperwork of land ownership if its in her name is gold for the TR ...it shows a commitment to return to thailand which from what i have read is the immigrations biggest fear
    Agree with this, and there is no need to hold it back for later.

    If she behaves on the first one the second one will be even more favourable, as she hand you, have prooved yourself trustworthy.

    There isn't any reason why you can't use it the same in the next application.

    G4orce, I have sent you a PM.
    Cheers,

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •