Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Visa app with conviction

  1. #1
    luv u long time
    Guest

    Visa app with conviction

    Hi all. Have a mate in Patong (Thai Male) who i have been mates with since my first trip in '05'. He is a tattoist and over the year we have formed a close friendship and kept in contact. He has families and businesses and has also travelled to europe and has many things to go back to in LOS so no doubt returning will not be an issue.

    My question is:

    He has wanted and i have promised i will get him over for a short holiday to Aus. Problem is i have a criminal conviction and a pending matter that will be coming up very soon.
    I have already been through the visa thing with my ex a few years back and it all went well(she now lives here with a PR) but back then i didnt have anything against my name.
    I havnt looked through the form yet but thought id ask around first before i call him up and get him excited about getting him over on a TV.

    Is there anyone else that has applied for a visa with a similar situation as mine?

  2. #2
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,256
    Annoy onim us call to immigration and ask the question but I think if as a sponsor there may be a prob.
    But in saying this I wonder if immi do much in the way of checks as they generally require police checks and I think that they don't check.
    luv u long time likes this.
    .

  3. #3
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    I think a visa app like this he will require money in an account proving he is a genuine tourist on holiday... He can't put family down or you as a sponsor but he can state that you will be looking after his accommodation. He will probably have to list a bit of an itinerary, places and things he intends to see and do.
    luv u long time likes this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Beechworth, Victoria, Australia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,170
    Hey 2 Bums, why not use your mrs as a referee sponsor? Or dad mum? I will be getting stat decs of my parents....

    Sorry mate if I teaching to suck eggs as you are way further down the track than me.

    Cheers China
    luv u long time likes this.
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

  5. #5
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Just one question LULT.
    I know you are saying you promised to "Get him over here", but
    Can your mate not get a TV to OZ without being sponsored by you?
    luv u long time likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

  6. #6
    luv u long time
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Just one question LULT.
    I know you are saying you promised to "Get him over here", but
    Can your mate not get a TV to OZ without being sponsored by you?
    Im not sure to be honest mate.. Like i said i havnt gone ahead with it for this reason and im guessing he (mate) is waiting for me. Im sure he has a fair bit of money as he has one of the busier 2 tattoo shops in Patong and going by the figures her told me about last year he's not short of a bob.
    I might have to explain to him, but with the language barrier i dont want him to think that i dont want to do it for him and get the wrong impression.

    Is it not a lot harder to get a tv if you dont have a sponsor? or similar?

  7. #7
    luv u long time
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Hey 2 Bums, why not use your mrs as a referee sponsor? Or dad mum? I will be getting stat decs of my parents....

    Sorry mate if I teaching to suck eggs as you are way further down the track than me.

    Cheers China
    55555....had to read the 2 bums bit '2' times before i had a little laugh..

    Not really on talking terms with the ex... stat dec from the parents would be an idea..

    Cheers mate..

  8. #8
    luv u long time
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I think a visa app like this he will require money in an account proving he is a genuine tourist on holiday... He can't put family down or you as a sponsor but he can state that you will be looking after his accommodation. He will probably have to list a bit of an itinerary, places and things he intends to see and do.
    ok understood.. Will explain this to him.. Like im mentioned up top he'd have a few bucks in his account/s so i think he'll be ok there..

    I think this might work.. He can just mention me as a mate he's coming to see and he'd be staying at my place...


    Thanks mate

  9. #9
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,125
    My take on it LULT, tell your mate hes got accomodation if he comes to Australia, a big plus for TV's, let him put in the application.


    Email him 1/ A stat dec from you saying you will provide Board & Lodging while he visits Australia.
    2/ Draft a letter saying you have known him for 5 years and he is a good friend, has shown you around many times in Thailand since you have known him, and you want to return the favour.
    3/ If you have your own place send a copy of your rates notice as where he will be staying.
    4/ Send a copy of your Passport and say in your letter all the trips you have had on holidays, sightseeing etc.
    5/ Your friend wants to see the latest designs and methods of Tattooing in Australia for future customers at his business in Phuket.


    Dont mention any upcoming conviction, no relevance unless your gunna end up in the big house.


    These people seem to thrive on paperwork, so send em heaps, I cant see no reason why they would refuse a TV unless he has had problems, tell him not to forget mentioning Europe and the correct dates as per his Passport.
    luv u long time likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Beechworth, Victoria, Australia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,170
    Quote Originally Posted by luv u long time View Post
    55555....had to read the 2 bums bit '2' times before i had a little laugh..

    Not really on talking terms with the ex... stat dec from the parents would be an idea..

    Cheers mate..
    Hey 2 bums,

    Honestly china when your avatar comes up do you think I am looking at your name....

    cheers China
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

  11. #11
    luv u long time
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Hey 2 bums,

    Honestly china when your avatar comes up do you think I am looking at your name....

    cheers China
    Unfortunately i cant use these 2 bums to get my mate over....5555

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Beechworth, Victoria, Australia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    My take on it LULT, tell your mate hes got accomodation if he comes to Australia, a big plus for TV's, let him put in the application.


    Email him 1/ A stat dec from you saying you will provide Board & Lodging while he visits Australia.
    2/ Draft a letter saying you have known him for 5 years and he is a good friend, has shown you around many times in Thailand since you have known him, and you want to return the favour.
    3/ If you have your own place send a copy of your rates notice as where he will be staying.
    4/ Send a copy of your Passport and say in your letter all the trips you have had on holidays, sightseeing etc.
    5/ Your friend wants to see the latest designs and methods of Tattooing in Australia for future customers at his business in Phuket.


    Dont mention any upcoming conviction, no relevance unless your gunna end up in the big house.


    These people seem to thrive on paperwork, so send em heaps, I cant see no reason why they would refuse a TV unless he has had problems, tell him not to forget mentioning Europe and the correct dates as per his Passport.
    Rivo I am trying to hit the like button but the Kremlin has hidden it?

    Mate start a thread we all have the same or similar stories......
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

  13. #13
    luv u long time
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    My take on it LULT, tell your mate hes got accomodation if he comes to Australia, a big plus for TV's, let him put in the application.


    Email him 1/ A stat dec from you saying you will provide Board & Lodging while he visits Australia.
    2/ Draft a letter saying you have known him for 5 years and he is a good friend, has shown you around many times in Thailand since you have known him, and you want to return the favour.
    3/ If you have your own place send a copy of your rates notice as where he will be staying.
    4/ Send a copy of your Passport and say in your letter all the trips you have had on holidays, sightseeing etc.
    5/ Your friend wants to see the latest designs and methods of Tattooing in Australia for future customers at his business in Phuket.


    Dont mention any upcoming conviction, no relevance unless your gunna end up in the big house.


    These people seem to thrive on paperwork, so send em heaps, I cant see no reason why they would refuse a TV unless he has had problems, tell him not to forget mentioning Europe and the correct dates as per his Passport.
    Thank you very much for the good advice mate.. Will get cracking as this seem the best way to go about it..

    Thanks again Rivo

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,730
    ^^^ Yes Rivo's advice is sound, I would possibly leave out the
    5 Your friend wants to see the latest designs and methods of Tattooing in Australia for future customers at his business in Phuket.

    They could think he intend's to study under someone, or work, even if unpaid. is still a violation of the Visa.

    The rest I think is great. I would even nominate some of the places you want him to see, Great Ocean Road? The snow? and make sure he knows some of these places in case he is asked what he hopes to do while here.

    I don't think he will need any account in Aust, maybe just able to show he has access to money in his Thai account and maybe a credit card with a good available balance.
    luv u long time likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  15. #15
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    I think it will all be about funding a holiday... showing he is a legitimate tourist. And like Rivo said Stat Decs and character references will go a long way.
    luv u long time likes this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

  16. #16
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,125
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I would possibly leave out the
    5 Your friend wants to see the latest designs and methods of Tattooing in Australia for future customers at his business in Phuket.

    They could think he intend's to study under someone, or work, even if unpaid. is still a violation of the Visa.

    IMO the relevance to his Tattooing is very important, if he has a couple of shops in Phuket(with Business registration papers to prove it) he would be very interested in what other countries do as far as tattooing and if I worked for the Immigration Department I would believe this story more than he wants to see the Great Ocean Road.


    As always its the Thai person applying for the Visa, not the host, so if he has a clean record, somewhere to stay in Australia, a good friend who has sworn to look after him here and has been overseas before and returned to Thailand, and has the funds to support himself I see no reason as to why the Visa should be rejected.
    luv u long time likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  17. #17
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Mate start a thread we all have the same or similar stories......

    Start a thread on what Spot ? Visa applications have been covered here many times.


    I dont my doing a thread of what I have done although its really no different to most on here already.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  18. #18
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    IMO the relevance to his Tattooing is very important, if he has a couple of shops in Phuket(with Business registration papers to prove it) he would be very interested in what other countries do as far as tattooing and if I worked for the Immigration Department I would believe this story more than he wants to see the Great Ocean Road.


    As always its the Thai person applying for the Visa, not the host, so if he has a clean record, somewhere to stay in Australia, a good friend who has sworn to look after him here and has been overseas before and returned to Thailand, and has the funds to support himself I see no reason as to why the Visa should be rejected.
    If he could time his holiday with a Tattoo convention he wouldn't have a drama!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

  19. #19
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    IMO the relevance to his Tattooing is very important, if he has a couple of shops in Phuket(with Business registration papers to prove it) he would be very interested in what other countries do as far as tattooing and if I worked for the Immigration Department I would believe this story more than he wants to see the Great Ocean Road.


    As always its the Thai person applying for the Visa, not the host, so if he has a clean record, somewhere to stay in Australia, a good friend who has sworn to look after him here and has been overseas before and returned to Thailand, and has the funds to support himself I see no reason as to why the Visa should be rejected.
    Interesting thoughts both you and JC about the tattoo part ..... but i would side with JC's take on it because he is applying for a "Tourist Visa", and "Tourist" imply's a holiday and nothing more, as soon as you cross that line of not just here for a holiday, you are stepping on different ground as far as IMMI are concerned.

    Stick with just being a Tourist...........much safer
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  20. #20
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    ^^^ Yes Rivo's advice is sound, I would possibly leave out the
    5 Your friend wants to see the latest designs and methods of Tattooing in Australia for future customers at his business in Phuket.

    They could think he intend's to study under someone, or work, even if unpaid. is still a violation of the Visa.

    The rest I think is great. I would even nominate some of the places you want him to see, Great Ocean Road? The snow? and make sure he knows some of these places in case he is asked what he hopes to do while here.

    I don't think he will need any account in Aust, maybe just able to show he has access to money in his Thai account and maybe a credit card with a good available balance.
    Agree with JC here leave out that rude "four letter word" and anything related to it - WORK
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •