• 1 Post By kaptainrob
  • 1 Post By PatongBeachBoy
  • 1 Post By Nomad
  • 1 Post By Zablive
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob

Thread: Oz visa + short trip to NZ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar

Oz visa + short trip to NZ?

Anyone applied for a tourist visa which includes a brief trip elsewhere. Does it complicate the process?
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Depends where you apply and your Nationality.

I applied for Jo's Aus and NZ tv's from Phuket. Aussie one took ~ 6 weeks to come back approved so we lodged the NZ tv application, personally, our way thru BKK en route to Isaan. It turned out MORE of a pita than the Au tv.

Applying from Th it might pay to use an agent if time is a factor, saves a lot of running around and nail-biting. Especially if NOT in BKK to do interview & follow up with Embassies.
    Nomad likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Nationality is Australian.

Do you need to lodge two separate visas?
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Nationality is Australian.

Do you need to lodge two separate visas?
    Australian PP holders do not require a visa for entry to Aus or NZ. To NZ it's automatic upon arrival by normal transport means.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Australian PP holders do not require a visa for entry to Aus or NZ. To NZ it's automatic upon arrival by normal transport means.
    What I meant was, does TG need two separate TVs?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    You will need to apply for a separate visa for NZ which would be exactly like the Oz visa process.... There are plenty of surrounding countries that don't require a visa for TG, might be a better option!.
    Nomad likes this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    There are plenty of surrounding countries that don't require a visa for TG, might be a better option!.
    Yes, I was thinking Christmas in Chiang Mai or nearabouts. PBB, will you call Mum for me to break the bad news!!!
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    If you are going Oz - NZ - Oz you'll need a multiple entry OZ TV.
    (the usual is single entry).
    Nomad likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    If you are going Oz - NZ - Oz you'll need a multiple entry OZ TV.
    (the usual is single entry).
    good point.....
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Thought it might be multi-entry but was hoping the OZ-NZ agreement would provide some benefit or concessions.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    If you can't get an Auz multi entry, maybe you have to go to NZ at the end of her visa, and she go home from there.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Depending on how and where Nomad applies, it's not too hard.... it's just a mountain of frigging paperwork! The 12 month Au multiple entry for Jo was easy, no extra info required after posting all docs to Au Embassy. The NZ single entry, which I though would be simpler, actually proved more difficult despite us lodging in person and the pricks only gave her a single entry!
    Cheers, Rob.

KR, where would you recommend. BKK?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    KR, where would you recommend. BKK?
    Are you close enough to BKK to lodge in person at NZ or Aus Embassy?

I wrote up our experience here on TD, search will find it, but basically I did the Aus app by mail and NZ lodgement in person as we were passing thru BKK anyway. Hardest thing is deciphering what supporting docs they want. I emailed Aus embassy a few times about this and rec'd immediate replies ... all easy!
    NZ app was complicated by them wanting my 'sponsorship', and the only supporting bank docs were all electronic... screenshots of bank balance(s) eventually overcame this problem. Feed back from NZE was pretty good though the TG's there were NOT too helpful so I went over their heads to get satisfaction.
    Nomad likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.

Will be in BKK again prior, so can deal with both there if required. Cheers.

Banned
    Last edited by Fionn; 16th May 2013 at 11:29.

Thanks for the info Fionn, and WTTB.