Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By PatongBeachBoy
  • 2 Post By Minder

Thread: Tourist Visa & Temporary Partner Visa

Banned

Tourist Visa & Temporary Partner Visa

Last edited by Fionn; 16th May 2013 at 10:43.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Once you apply for a Spouse visa apparently any outstanding visas become void. Once you hand in Spouse visa and make payment you can then apply for a TV.... Personally I don't understand the logic in this but it was the process we went through.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Banned

Banned

Banned
    Last edited by Fionn; 16th May 2013 at 10:44.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn View Post
    Who told you couldn't do it this way?

I see what you are saying though if we get a TV with conditions then apply for the TPV they will cancel the TV, which means we will have to apply for it again.

I might call Immigration and check.
    I was like you 18mth ago, looking for any possible angle to minimize our time apart.... at one stage was going to apply for a partner visa here in Oz under grounds of compassion as my kids were being affected by Thips coming and going but wasn't able to....

The biggest hurdle that everyone faces is the 'No Further Stay'..... I don't know anyone in the last 3 years that hasn't had it stamped on their visa coming out of Thailand. Thailand was re-zoned 2 years ago as a high risk country and since then the Partner visa went from 6-8 weeks to 10-12 months...
    Fionn likes this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn View Post
    ....They said with visa’s it’s the intention of the visa which is important, the intent of the TV visa is the person will be leaving the country at some point.

So applying for a TPV overseas and then a TV still means the TG has to return home before being granted the TPV so the intent of the TV is still there.

When pressed as to whether you could get a TV first then apply for the TPV while in Australia if the TV had no 8503 condition they said you could, but it’s not doing it the way it’s intended to work.

Having been thru the mill from TV to Citizenship with Mrs M I can certainly put my hand on my heart and say "Thank goodness that is all over" ...

I can also (finally) look back at the process with some objectivity and say that there is a method to the madness ... the system as it stands does help protect both the girl and guy ... it does "weed out" many non-genuine or destined to fail relationships thru a process of time-based attrition ....

…but it is bloody hard to appreciate it is for your own good at the time ….

Enjoy..
    PatongBeachBoy and Rivo like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...