• 1 Post By Sydney
  • 1 Post By daohoshi Dao
  • 1 Post By bobless
  • 2 Post By PatongBeachBoy
  • 1 Post By Changone

Thread: UK immigration what the ?????

bobless

UK immigration what the ?????

Hello all my friends on here sorry again for my absence hope all is well with you all , ive come to ask for any advice and wisdom that can be thrown at me as at Moment the Lovely Fah and I are trying to apply for visitor visa so She can come and spend Christmas with me and Oh Buddha what has happened seems the Gates have been well and truly shut, talk about political overreaction
    Why do Governments do this instead of good management of a situation in first place they wait until its a huge problem then ban everything and shut down all avenues TO THE GENUINE LAW ABIDERS ?
    We originally wanted to apply for a settlement visa but it now seems my any non EU national has to have the English vocab of Steven Fry to come here now i would struggle with some of what the IELS Test entails , but an EU national can walk in here without a word of English get an interperator free of charge and access to all benefits pls explain to me how this is socially correct on any level ?????? I am Tired Angry and Frustrated i miss my Wife so much and she me also some Dialogue on this would be good pls Guys im not one much for asking Help but my Brother Spot has told me to come to the Family so here i am pls help

Hi Bobless. I have moved your thread into the Visa section. So hopefully it will attract more attention.
    Spot likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

bobless
    Thank you so much DP i hope you are well :-))

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Not sure i understand Bob are you saying you cant even get you wife over for a tourist/vistor visa at the moment, so a short term (say 3 month ) visa and you as the sponser ?
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Not sure i understand Bob are you saying you cant even get you wife over for a tourist/vistor visa at the moment, so a short term (say 3 month ) visa and you as the sponser ?
    Bob was originally going straight for what we would call the Spouse Visa, in the intervening time the UK government has changed the rules and shifted the goal posts.

He has been busting a gut trying to get Nong Fah to the UK for XMAS..

Nong Fah's wriiten english is excellent however her spoken probably the same as our TG's.

Apparently the newly introduced English language test is a real killer (My scottish Grandad would never have passed it!)and Bob and Fah are worried that this will be a major obstacle to Fah being granted even a UK version of a TV.

They are both stressing out and I told Bob to come back and asked Fah to join us.

Our UK members should be able to help them out?????

Last edited by Spot; 29th September 2012 at 11:15.
    bobless likes this.
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Gotcha Spot ........... but surely for a tourist visa you don't need to be able to speak the lingo, that would be utterly stupid......cut off your tourism trade because just because you can't say a 'Jolly Hello" to the Queen ? i doubt it somehow

Quick read of the UK visa site and Fah would be eligible as a general visitor, combined with Bob as a Sponsor assuming she can't fund herself for 6 months....certainly no mention of lingo requirements so i think we have our wires crossed and Bob means just difficult for the marry visa....Aus is certainly more friendly in this regard, giving new residents 500 hours FREE english lessons once you get here !! I reckon if Aus adopted many years ago the No Speak English then No Come, Australia would still have a population of about 7 million and we would still be eating peas and mash potato for dinner every night...55555555555 Love the last bit in bold below....very English Gentlemen Politeness coming out...5555555555

Basic rules are

Can you come to the UK as a general visitor?

This page explains whether you can come to the UK as a general visitor.

The 'general visitor' category is for nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. If you are an EEA or Swiss national, or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national, the European nationals section explains how you can come to the UK.

To come to the UK as a general visitor, you must be able to show that:

you are 18 or over;
    you intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months (or 12 months if you will be accompanying an academic visitor);
    you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
    you have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
    you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
    you are not in transit to a country outside the 'Common Travel Area' (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).

You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
    do a course of study;
    marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
    carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor; or receive private medical treatment.

For information about your rights and responsibilities while you are in the UK, see the Visitors' rights and responsibilities section.

You should provide documents to show that you meet the above requirements. The Documents page contains more information.

You may need to obtain a visa before you can come to the UK as a general visitor. The Do you need a visa? page contains more information

Sponsor

What documents should a sponsor provide to support a general visitor's application?
    Sponsoring a general visitor

This page explains what documents you may need to supply to support your general visitor's application.

The documents we need will depend on the circumstances of the case. We may ask you to send us:

evidence of your own immigration status in the United Kingdom; and
    a letter of sponsorship explaining your relationship to the person who is applying, the purpose of the visit and where your general visitor will stay.

If you will provide financial support and accommodation for your general visitor and/or pay for his/her travel to the United Kingdom, you should send us the following as evidence that you are able to do so:

copies of your bank or building society statements and payslips for the last six months; or a copy of your savings account book.

You cannot guarantee that the person you are sponsoring will leave at the end of his/her visit. If we decide that your general visitor cannot enter the United Kingdom, it does not mean that we doubt what you have told us. It is because, under the immigration rules, it is the general visitor who must satisfy the entry clearance officer or the immigration officer (or both) that he/she qualifies for entry.
    Last edited by Sydney; 29th September 2012 at 17:07.
    Spot likes this.

Not make sure if the same for other Europe country. My friend Yeng in BBK just get visitor visa for EU entry but only give 1 month. First she go to greece but then she allowed all other EU country. She boyfriend have Greek,German and Swiss citizen. She go already no problem to England greece france switzerland.. Maybe next time she get a longer visa. They do with a visa agent oh expensive.

Vey hard to be apart i know. Maybe pay for immigration laeyer professional. He can tell you the true story what you need to do.
    Spot likes this.

bobless
    Thank you all for your replies im not saying its impossible to get visit visa it just rediculously complicated and i have to produce so much evidence to show that she will return to Thailand and i can support her whilst here buit we are working our way through the mountain of paperwork ,
    but yes the real bug bear for me was the language requirements of non EU Nationals wishing to come to UK now for settlement is very unrealistic is like Thailand now saying to any of us we have to be almost Fluent in Thai before we can Live there , i have worked with many Europeans here,Polish ETC, who speak very little english and were not required to do any form of test to settle here and if needed they are entitled to interperator all this because European Law is more powerful than British law ,
    all that was needed was good management of situation many years ago with a fair system of entry for people wishing to come to UK but no they let all the piss takers in and now have a huge problem estimated at 100,000 + illegal immigrants here so they have clammmed up tight and made it almost immposible for the still decent honest ones who should have right to be with there Family
    Spot likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I can only guess Bob that it is similar to the Aussie system.... Here in Oz the Immigration dept like to see you come here as a visitor (tourist) and that you adhere to the visa stipulations, this shows 2 things... 1. the relationship holds some credence as your willing to spend the money for return travel 2. that you are abiding by the visa regulations..... A tourist visa holds a lot of clout for when you go for a migration visa....

Just remember that these systems are put in place to weed out the non-genuine migrants looking to better their situation.
    It might pay to speak to an immigration agent on what the current laws and requirements are and get a firm understanding of where your placed....
    Maybe join a few other forums with a high UK membership that are going through the same dramas (make sure you come back here and share the info)
    Changone and bobless like this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    very well put PBB !

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I agree with most of the comments so far.
    Softly softly is the way to go. Tourist visa first, then temporary. Even in Australia they make you wait and wait and pay and pay and do paperwork till you're blue in the face and ready to give in.
    Even after the two year wait to apply for anything more than a temporary visa here, they want an additional three months to process it, so you are always more than two and a half years from your goal. Meanwhile all the 'Students' are lying through their teeth and holding down full time jobs for years. Not to mention the dodgy lawyers....555
    bobless likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

bobless
    Thank you all for your kind support i agree and understand with what you are saying but unlike Oz, UK had been famous for many years for letting just anyone in and if you from EU this still applies with or without any knowledge of English i just think from start if UK Government had managed situation better since the 70's then they wouldnt have to be so strict now , i know what Fah and I must do and yes is not fair but we will do and i know one day we will be together is a test of our love also im just ranting here at a glaring misjustice between EU and Non EU .....fair laws for all pls
    Last edited by bobless; 30th September 2012 at 18:16.