Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By Arliss Michaels
  • 5 Post By Changone
  • 1 Post By justcruzing1

Thread: Damn you Wayne Swan - Visa Application price rises

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Damn you Wayne Swan - Visa Application price rises

I heard this on the radio today and then found and artical on the Herald Sun but it looks like Australia are going to be introducing price raises for Migrants to Australia through Visa Application prices to help with the Budget issues. They wonder why so many boat people are coming to Australia and not doing it the right way....

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

This really grinds my gears

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    I copied Wayne Swan into Google and this is what came up

wabbits, G4orce, Gazmac and 2 others like this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    THose prices are big rises too !!! Not good at all !
    Wonders if they are going to start charging Visa fees for each boat person before they get thier visa's as well . NOT !
    Last edited by Gazmac; 21st October 2012 at 13:33.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Coming by boat is way cheaper.......Is this fair????

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be great if every business could simply raise all their prices, or every worker could just give themselves a pay rise just so that they could say they met their budget? Australia is quickly becoming a place that sells the promise of jobs to those who are prepared to pay their way here one way or another.
    wabbits, G4orce, Gazmac and 2 others like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    I circulated an email amongst some of you and to Shane@TD..

Is it worth and online petition. I think it would generate enormous support same as the allan jones petition. Its not just us that is going to be affected . What about all the farmers realying on fly in workers etc.. Mining Companies may shrug it off.....

What does this mean for me bringing Mook into Aus also.... Should S marry me at a registry office now?

The email is from Change.org and reads as follows...

See below for an update from Nic Lochner on the petition you signed called "2GB and Advertisers: Immediately cease association with Alan Jones over "died of shame" comment"

Mark -

Alan Jones' big financial supporters aren't looking back.

I'm sure Alan Jones and 2GB thought the furore about his "died of shame" comments would blow over quickly. And when it didn't, they blamed the "twitters" for being mean, called us "cyber-bullies" or tried to say our names and signatures were fakes.

I think that's just making excuses -- they don't want to admit that even Australia's 'leading' broadcaster is answerable to the community. The Australian, Today Tonight, Channel Ten Breakfast, ABC News, Daily Telegraph plus hundreds of other outlets have all reported on the campaign and our call for a more civil public discourse, with headlines like:

"Alan Jones' $80,000 a day problem"

"The organisation and expression of community disapproval has become incredibly powerful because it is spontaneous, immediate and clearly authentic."

"People's voice trumps power of the microphone"

Amazingly, this all started with a Facebook page my friend and I set up. The petition was almost an afterthought. But as more and more of you shared it with friends and family, it snowballed. It trended on Twitter for four days, and big brands started dropping their support of Jones.

2GB can choose to keep Alan Jones on air, but with major companies like Woolworths, Telstra, Harvey Norman and many others refusing to support him, Jones will never have the same power to bully and intimidate people. We’ve put a stop to the type of one-way control over commentary that Jones has had for decades.

As the West Australian put it: "Jones has learnt the hard way that when it comes to the internet and social media, there is no kill button."

Thanks for all your work,

Nic.

P.S. There are ongoing updates on the Sack Alan Jones facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/SackAlanJones

Who is Change.org?

We’re the world's largest online petitions platform. Anyone can start, join and win campaigns on any issue they care about.

Click here if you want to start a petition on Change.org right now.

Find other popular Australian petitions here, and join us on Facebook or Twitter for more regular updates about petitions you might like to sign.

This email was sent by Nic Lochner via the Change.org email system to mark.webster@water.nsw.gov.au | Change.org is not responsible for the content of this email. | Start a petition For condsideration..........
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Spot I agree it is a worthwhile cause and may, if it gets enough signatures, help reduce the size of the increases.

I think it will need more than just TD's it will need to be spread to many other forums.

It would have my vote, and I will invoke my mates on other forums to spread it if you go with it.
    Spot likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Banned
    Last edited by Fionn; 17th July 2013 at 08:20.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn View Post
    According to this link the visa price will go up on 1st of Januray 2013, so keep in mind if doing a visa around this time.

Visa increase will deter backpackers: TFF | News.com.au
    I was curious to know whent the hike was going to be implanented, That will be handy for us as will be be applying for the next visa in December.. My thoughts were it would go in straight away or at the start of the new financial year..