Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Submitting a TV for a friend ?

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Submitting a TV for a friend ?

I will be in Chiang Mai in January and my Aussie mate will meet me there about a week after I arrive. He wants his TGF to submit an application for a tourist visa to bring her home for 3 months after his 2 week stay. I think the 2 weeks for approval might be cutting it fine.

His TGF is currently working on Samui and from my experience submiting the Visa App at one office and picking up at a different location does not work.

Will I be allowed to submit his TGF application in Chiang Mai the week before he arrives which will allow 3 weeks to process ?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

AFAIK all applications must go to Oz Embassy in BKK and if using an agent you can pay extra for fast-tracking. You would have to have all original documents and forms filled out and send via EMS from CM to a BKK agent, or use a CM agent who would then send to BKK.

Have you searched ThaiVisa forums for info?
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Should be fine, just might need copies of his passport etc.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Just to clarify here,

1. The person who the Visa is for , not a requirement that they lodge themselves ?
    2. A copy of Passport will suffice not the original ?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Rivo, I would do the TV application prior to you both going over.

Once it is granted, she has 3 months to use it. This way if there is anything wrong, or needed, you have time to fix it.

Fill out all the forms for her, get stat dec and certified copies of his passport and bank balance, i letter from him of invertation. send them all to her with the fees to get the bank draft.
    She will have to provide her docs as originals, passport ID card, birth registration. etc.

I know you know how to do this from here. Why take up time and stress your holiday?
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Rivo, I would do the TV application prior to you both going over.

Once it is granted, she has 3 months to use it. This way if there is anything wrong, or needed, you have time to fix it.

Thanks for reminding me of this JC, I am going to suggest he do that soon, will be better for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I know you know how to do this from here. Why take up time and stress your holiday?

Helping a good mate JC, no stress involved for me putting in an application for a mate.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Helping a good mate JC, no stress involved for me putting in an application for a mate.
    Rivo what I meant was you don't need to be spending you time in LOS doing paperwork and running around, if it can be sorted before you leave here. If there is something missing in the paperwork you have time now to fix it, if your over there and need to fix it it will be stressfull for your mate and his girl.

I know it's no bother to you, your helping a mate and you definately have the experience to do it.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"