Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To become an Australian citizen

To become an Australian citizen

I read before that Sydney has JK going to English classes etc.

Ok next step to think about and learn for a Citizen

First is in Thai

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/learn/.../thai-test.pdf

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    I look forward to the day that JK has passed her CT and becomes an Australian....... i wonder if it will change her in any way, as in how she feels about this country....

Have you done you CT yet Dao, did it make you feel any different ? Less Thai and more Australian maybe
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Of course I have. Aussie passport is beautiful for me. I have many choice now for my life.

Freedom a little bit yes. Welcome officially yes. Proud to be Aussie Yes.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    LIKE thanks for the heads up Dao I am learning mainly from TD what the future will involve for S. I had no idea before i joined TD what was required into the future.

Thanks Mate
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daohoshi Dao View Post
    I have many choice now for my life.

Can you talk more about this Dao. I know travel is easier, and therefore more choice. Anything else?

Also, by becoming an Aussie, do you give up any rights in Thailand e.g. property ownership?
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    I,m assuming you would leave OZ and enter Thailand on your Thai passport.
    Then leave Thailand and enter Oz on the Oz passport?

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    I,m assuming you would leave OZ and enter Thailand on your Thai passport.
    Then leave Thailand and enter Oz on the Oz passport?
    Yes this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Can you talk more about this Dao. I know travel is easier, and therefore more choice. Anything else?

Also, by becoming an Aussie, do you give up any rights in Thailand e.g. property ownership?
    I think it makes it easier for get a good job. Go to school with HECs. Oh and big one divorce husband and go on centrelink 5555555555 Joking ok

If something go wrong in our life can get a small pension and hospital. But we have insurance for this just now.

Right of property ownership in Thailand I not make sure some people tell me cannot other say can. But I go to Thailand on Thai passport so they never would know I think. Condo is in share name with jonty. Farm in my name the rest I put in Mum name. If we are rich this will go to my brother when she die because he will take care of her with his wife when brother gets married.

Just thinking about difference between a permanent resident and an oz citizen.

Found a good site which summarises it well:

http://www.differencebetween.com

Main benefit is travel freedom, and ability to work in the public sector (benefit?!)
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar

Difference Between | Clarify Yourself | Know the Difference

Main benefit is travel freedom, and ability to work in the public sector (benefit?!)
    Difference Between Australian Citizen and Resident | Difference Between
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    You work your butt off for years, jump through all the hoops they want you to, and pay a great deal of money to the government in order to become a "Resident" of Australia. Why would you do that, only to be back to square one if you leave the country and stay away a bit too long?
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Downside is the risk of your Thai partner not being able to hold property in LOS, and also may stop you from leveraging your partners Thai citizenship to stay their long term in the future.

Not sure that citizenship would always be the best choice.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Downside is the risk of your Thai partner not being able to hold property in LOS, and also may stop you from leveraging your partners Thai citizenship to stay their long term in the future.

I'm a bit unclear on this as I know Thai Aussie citizens that own property.... I don't think they're dual citizens!
    I know this was raised in another thread and I don't think anyone was able to give a clear answer!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Do you really think there is a downside to TG going for Aussie citizenship? Maybe mum could "Hold" all the property you want over there, while she earns a shedload of money in Oz and then repatriates it all. When you are ready to jump ship together, just have her renounce Aussie citizenship. What are Thai Authorities going to do? Turn your TG back on the next plane to Oz? Just askin....
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    When you are ready to jump ship together, just have her renounce Aussie citizenship. What are Thai Authorities going to do? Turn your TG back on the next plane to Oz? Just askin....
    That works if you live in Oz and retire in LOS. However, if you are a nomad, and back and forth then may not always be the best strategy for all. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I'm a bit unclear on this as I know Thai Aussie citizens that own property.... I don't think they're dual citizens!
    I know this was raised in another thread and I don't think anyone was able to give a clear answer!
    My guess is that they don't currently have the systems capability to know. 20 years time they will, unless the country doesn't advance which may be a bigger problem. However, the rules will also be different I expect.

My guess is that they don't currently have the systems capability to know. 20 years time they will, unless the country doesn't advance which may be a bigger problem. However, the rules will also be different I expect.
    Don't ever under-estimate the Thai Immi and Police computer systems.
    Everything is referenced back to the Amphur and the original Tabien Baan - but that is mainly an identification issue with unregistered parents/children and dates of birth.
    However you can go into Patong Police station and get a record of a marriage and divorce from 15 years ago - in Nakhon Nowhere - from their computer with the correct ID.
    I have seen this.

Thailand produces a huge % of the world's hard discs etc - do you really think no-one knows how to use them? 555!

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    AFAIK Thailand doesn't recognize dual citizenship for Thais.
    But, if a Thai has dual citizenship, they use their Thai citizenship, passport and all their Thai rights while in Thailand and their Farang citizenship, passport and OZ rights while in OZ.

E.G. My ex was a Canadian, born in the U.S.of A., and became a Naturalized Australian.
    So she had three passports ...

Difference Between | Clarify Yourself | Know the Difference

Not just pubic work many company ask if you are a citizen. Many Like better because know you will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Do you really think there is a downside to TG going for Aussie citizenship? Maybe mum could "Hold" all the property you want over there, while she earns a shedload of money in Oz and then repatriates it all. When you are ready to jump ship together, just have her renounce Aussie citizenship. What are Thai Authorities going to do? Turn your TG back on the next plane to Oz? Just askin....
    Yes mum can hold. But problem if not can trust the family or mum not strong.

Other reason. Much easier to buy house and land here not have to get approval. The bank give you money easier if you citizen someone tell me. Just more choice for easy.

2 year ago Jonty change everything to my name in Australia because I not get much money for a job. Some thing for tax and if he go bankrupt or die. Not sure I understand everything I just trust him for do.

if things go very very bad and even I go back to live in Thailand. I can always come back easy. Can visit my family in England easy etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast