Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Australian Partner Visa

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar

Australian Partner Visa

just read that the Australian Partner Visa processing has been extended from 3mth to 10mths

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Where dd you hear that??

a certain mechanic from byron bay.....

Seems the sneaky fellows at immi have changed the length of processing time for partner and prospective visa's.

This will effect you PBB?

Effective 7th Feb.

Sneaky fellows at immi time table

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Sorry as I am not at this point yet I don't really understand what this means. Could someone explain this to me?

3 options now...... 1. I sell my house and kick my kids to the curb and move to isaan to pick rice
    2. hope that her next visa allows her to extend while in Oz, then apply for a Partner visa while she's here
    3. apply for a student visa.... this will allow her to work and then we apply for a Partner visa :\

if you decide to get partner visa it will take about10 months instead of 3...............

i'll go for the multiple entry again {12mth)

And i'm hoping Thip will be low risk

Just telling Mrs W she say oooooooooooooooo what go on!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Here is a question,
    I haven't looked at it again lately, but I think the general guff on Visa's was If you are deemed married by another country, then we respect that marriage and you have rights to come into the country on a spouse visa automaticaly.

I am guessing I am wrong or everyone would be going that way. Any knowledge?

yes your right, but it then comes down to spending the previous 12mths together without seperation

Windy
    So does that mean if you marry in LOS and register the marrage in LOS and with the Aust Embassy, and then remain in Thailand for at least a year with you wife, it will then be easy to get a Partner/Spouse visa?

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    So does that mean if you marry in LOS and register the marrage in LOS and with the Aust Embassy, and then remain in Thailand for at least a year with you wife, it will then be easy to get a Partner/Spouse visa?
    Windy firstly Welcome to the board.
    It is easier for sure because in that time you will i can imagine document everything.
    The new waiting times will apply from what i can see......seems excessively l o n g.
    Required reading

Windy
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Windy firstly Welcome to the board.
    It is easier for sure because in that time you will i can imagine document everything.
    The new waiting times will apply from what i can see......seems excessively l o n g.
    Required reading
    Hi Wabbits

Thanks, I have been through all this process before about 15 years ago and it was a nightmare. I was hoping it would be a bit easier now, but looks like it is even harder.
    Hopefully I will be able to make the move to Thailand and not have to worry about coming back to all this paperwork.
    Cheers
    Windy

WTTB windy... I think after 12mths you would register for the spouse visa and marriage would not be required....but you have to be able to prove the relationship is genuine and also that you have not been seperated for that 12mth period

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    No. It won't be any easier at all.
    All it means is that she will apply for her "Partner visa" while you are both still in Thailand without going through the "Fiance" visa process which essentially allows her to be in Australia with you while she applies.

After spending the minimum 12 months together in Thailand you then go through exactly the same process as anyone else does to get the temporary partner visa.
    If she is succesful, you then wait another two years for any permanent visa to be considered.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    3 options now...... 1. I sell my house and kick my kids to the curb and move to isaan to pick rice
    2. hope that her next visa allows her to extend while in Oz, then apply for a Partner visa while she's here
    3. apply for a student visa.... this will allow her to work and then we apply for a Partner visa :\

i'll go for the multiple entry again {12mth)
    If you bring her here on a sponsored visitor visa or it has any no further stay conditions (12 mths max) she needs to apply from outside Australia.

And i'm hoping Thip will be low risk
    Sorry mate, Thailand is all "High Risk" No ETA allowed

yes your right, but it then comes down to spending the previous 12mths together without seperation
    Some of the evidence required is quite demanding, It was enough to put me off even though had been seeing my TGF for more than 12 months.

I wish you luck but I don't think there is any easy way round it.
    Hopefully you don't have to go for door number one...
    Last edited by Changone; 7th March 2011 at 17:38.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

555 door No1 really isn't an option... but what I was thinking was to apply for the spouse visa after applying for a 6mth tourist visa (in BKK)... have to get medicals and police checks for both anyway and might squeeze in a holiday at the same time

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Any one have a couple of the PR Visa Application forms that have been unsecured? I have saved them off the Aust Immigration site but says they are "Secured" and need a password to unlock them. This means I cannot go through the Application filling it out and save it as I go.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast