Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Health Insurance for TG in Aust

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Health Insurance for TG in Aust

Hey Guys as most of you know i am trying to get a Tourist Visa for my GF in June. I was just wondering if you could help out with Visitors Health Insurance.

Any Recommendations on who to go through?

What does the Health Insurance Cover? Ambulance, hospital, dental etc

Will it cover things that Medicare usually will?
    Changone likes this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    i used these dudes 110.00 from memory was slack second trip did none.....
    Nomads

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    you need to read the fine print on what it doesn't cover, but yes it is meant to be the equivalent of medicare

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I am using HBF ( local medical cover in WA ) and its about 100 a month and gives her exactly the same cover that medicare would give her if she was a ozzie

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    I am using HBF ( local medical cover in WA ) and its about 100 a month and gives her exactly the same cover that medicare would give her if she was a ozzie
    did you go standard or Full Comp?

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Full . Hospital cover if its needed

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    I got 3 months cover for Ning using these guys

NZI : Thailand's First Online Insurer

New Zealand Insurance have a Thai branch

Cant remember exactly how much it cost now as that was nearly 3 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    I got 3 months cover for Ning using these guys

NZI : Thailand's First Online Insurer

New Zealand Insurance have a Thai branch

Cant remember exactly how much it cost now as that was nearly 3 years ago
    Site is currently down so not very helpful 555.

I also discovered by accident that 1Cover also do International Visitors insure Insurance, and is pretty decent price-wise. iselect Also have an option for Visitors insurance but are very steap with prices

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Site is currently down so not very helpful 555.
    Site isnt down! Just checked

or Contact

If you are interested in one of our travel insurance packages, please e-mail travel1@iag.co.th or call 207-0266 to 85 ext. 4023 for more information

Site isnt down! Just checked

or Contact

If you are interested in one of our travel insurance packages, please e-mail travel1@iag.co.th or call 207-0266 to 85 ext. 4023 for more information
    My Bad, i did not scroll down.

Thanks Condo

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    I've hosted heaps of O/S students over the years. They all had health cover from Medibank Private.
    Had to make a couple of claims in that time and never had a problem. I suspect that they're not the cheapest but always paid without question.

Overseas student is a different situation to yours but they do cover for 'visitors' too.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I used HBA hba.com.au

Cost $21? a week. covered her for everything, except pre existing conditions.

She has to advise them to cancel the policy when she is leaving, or they keep sending you bills.

I would think, it would be great if you could find an international company that gave travel insurance across the board for her.

I took travel insurance here, and was covered for the time I stipulated, from the second I got on the plane till the time I was out of customs back home. I tried to find one from the other side the same but didn't. I didn't look too hard, I'm sure there must be some.

Maybe Condo's NZI could be the answer.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I used BUPA, booked it in Thailand and then found out it is also available in Australia Bupa Health Insurance - Contact Bupa seemed ok to me,

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post

I would think, it would be great if you could find an international company that gave travel insurance across the board for her. Maybe Condo's NZI could be the answer.
    Are you saying it would be good to take out year-round Health Insurance for international travel(Thailand and Aust) for her? I guess that would be good if the price was right and someone offered it. I have sent an email off to NZI and will see what they say.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Are you saying it would be good to take out year-round Health Insurance for international travel(Thailand and Aust) for her? I guess that would be good if the price was right and someone offered it. I have sent an email off to NZI and will see what they say.
    Sorry,
    What I was saying is, see if you can find an international Co that will give her travel insurance, from when she leaves Thai to when she returns, 3 months later. As against travel insurance for her bags lost camera etc, then a seperate one here when she arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Sorry,
    What I was saying is, see if you can find an international Co that will give her travel insurance, from when she leaves Thai to when she returns, 3 months later. As against travel insurance for her bags lost camera etc, then a seperate one here when she arrives.
    Ah yes I understand that is what i am looking for. there have been a few things suggested some do it some don't so will go through and make a pick of what i think is best bang for buck

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    How much will you need to rely on travel insurance?

You won't get anything from Medicare, and it will be 100% cash up front at the doctors surgery, until if covered, your claim is paid.

This is an interesting read;

Comprehensive Overseas Visitors cover.
    If you’re visiting Australia and want to be covered for in-hospital and out of hospital medical treatment, Comprehensive Overseas Visitors cover may be the right choice for you. You will receive cover for things like doctors visits, x-rays, a single room in a public or private hospital and most hospital treatments including maternity, joint replacement, heart procedures, cataract and eye lens procedures and in-hospital pharmacy. You will also receive unlimited urgent ambulance transport. There are waiting periods that apply before you can claim.
    Comprehensive Overseas Visitors cover complies with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s minimum requirements.

Standard Overseas Visitors cover.
    If you’re young and healthy and would like to keep your premiums low by only paying for the services you’re more likely to need, Standard Overseas Visitors cover is a great option for singles, couples or families. You’ll be covered for hospital treatments but save money by excluding cover for maternity, joint replacement, cataract and eye lens procedures, assisted reproductive services and heart procedures. You’ll also receive cover for a shared room in a public or private hospital, doctors visits, x-rays and unlimited urgent ambulance transport for all circumstances classified by St John Ambulance as requiring urgent attention. There are waiting periods that apply before you can claim.

Essentials.
    Overseas visitors can also add HBF Essentials to their cover. This will provide benefits towards day-to-day health services, for example dental treatment, optical, physiotherapy and chiropractic.

Ambulance Plus.
    Ambulance Plus is an optional extra available for HBF Overseas Visitors members to purchase. Ambulance Plus provides cover for elective ambulance services, including cover towards pre-booked
    non-urgent ambulance care.

Wellness.
    If you take out Essentials cover you can also add HBF Wellness cover, which allows you to claim for a range of lifestyle services such as yoga programs, remedial massage and reflexology.

A lot more interesting stuff here.
    Choice of company etc up to you

http://www.hbf.com.au/pdf/HBF6002_HI...s_Visitors.pdf

Visitors to Australia - United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Norway, the Netherlands, Belgium, Malta and Italy - Medicare Australia
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Is it better to buy insurance before the Visa is applied for and show the Receipt as proof of purchase or should I wait until it has been approved then buy it with a copy of a quote for the application?

Is it better to buy insurance before the Visa is applied for and show the Receipt as proof of purchase or should I wait until it has been approved then buy it with a copy of a quote for the application?
    Wait! No good buying it if you dont get the Visa

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Wait! No good buying it if you dont get the Visa
    I got Joys the morning she landed.....second trip i did not even get.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast