Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New rulings on partner visa to Oz

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

New rulings on partner visa to Oz

10 months seems like a slap in the face or a department that can not cope!
    3 months which in reality is closer to 5 for some is a long long period!
    How do you prepare for this time frame?
    This seems particularly hard for couple who have been living together.
    I am at the end of mt tether now....another 5 months not sure how i would cope.
    I know there are members here that will have to go through this long wait...seems very unfair....
    How do you prepare ...keep sane?

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Maybe you could join a forum ? Help pass the time

Is there an echo in here.....Start a TG smuggling racket 55555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Start a TG smuggling racket 55555
    Let me know how you go.... I might need your services!

Yes but first we must take them to Afghanistan much higher chance of acceptance 5555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I feel for you guys at the moment. If I come to this stage i am sure i will go crazy also. Does that mean she can't be in the country with a Tourist Visa or similar? I gather that also extends the time they can't work when in the country also. I am still learning the whole Tourist Visa thing, This is opening another can or worms for me

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Does that mean she can't be in the country with a Tourist Visa or similar? I gather that also extends the time they can't work when in the country also.
    This is just for the Partner Visa or Spouse visa.... the acceptance time or wait time has gone from an average of 3mths to 5-10mths

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    10 months seems like a slap in the face or a department that can not cope!
    3 months which in reality is closer to 5 for some is a long long period!
    How do you prepare for this time frame?
    This seems particularly hard for couple who have been living together.
    I am at the end of mt tether now....another 5 months not sure how i would cope.
    I know there are members here that will have to go through this long wait...seems very unfair....
    How do you prepare ...keep sane?
    I used to think I would like to work in the Australian embassy,The one in TH. and then thought don't be silly your perfomance not even come close to qualify,not count that "what you are depend on who you are with" something like that &_^

I wonder when they got everything ready, documents, etc. What are they waiting for, what take them so long?

It is like we are in a small box, can not breath., I hate situation like that. sorry I am not helping.

My one was not so bad, we are really feel for you guys

Lets look at the bright side that you have more time to get things done, to get ready. And for this ...when you both live together, and have some domestic going on then you have something to remind youself that, clam down...jai yen yen. It took alot to come this far and then you both can make up and be happy ever after...How is that? 55

Mrs M.
    Last edited by Mrs M.; 1st March 2011 at 23:32.

I heard that you can apply for a tourist visa while you wait.... its not a permanent visa but at least you can have your girl close to you

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    I guarantee you its due to the amount of Aussie guys flying to Thailand cheaply on direct flights and falling in love with the place.

It used to be everyone went to Bali, but after the bombing and with Airasia and Jestar making it as cheap, if not cheaper than Bali, everyone decided to check out LOS.

Half the Married guys came back to Australia, got divorced and went back to find GF

The single guys who cant afford to live in LOS decide its better to bring back GF and try and get Thai experience full time.

I guess this is why Visa applications are taking so long now, Farang girls have lost touch with reality and have gained 30kg while Thai girls just have it all.

Just my thoughts, but cant be far from the truth

^prob right on the money Aladdins Cave 555

Spot on Condo....you should capitalize on this with your knowledge of visa applications...555

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Spot on Condo....you should capitalize on this with your knowledge of visa applications...555
    Too much stuffing around if they are BG's which I expect 90% are. You know how hard it is to get all the paperwork together. Imagine trying to do that for 3 couples everyday it would drive you insane.

Having said that though, if you could handle it there would be a lot of money to be made.

cruising1
    condo that is the best summary of the situation i have ever heard,i think exactly the same but couldnt put it in words(cause there were too many i wanted to say)your a legend mate,would be good to meet up for a beer 1 day

cruising1
    so can you apply for a second tv while the gf is waiting on the fiance visa approval?and is it the same process as doing the first tv?

Quote Originally Posted by cruising1 View Post
    condo that is the best summary of the situation i have ever heard,i think exactly the same but couldnt put it in words(cause there were too many i wanted to say)your a legend mate,would be good to meet up for a beer 1 day
    Welcome to the board (WTTB) cruising1 As I said earlier you find a lot of similar people in much the same situation as yourselves. Dont be afraid to ask for advice as this is a friendly forum right boys?????? 5555

I look forward to a beer down the track. What part of Sydney are you from East, West, N, S?

so can you apply for a second tv while the gf is waiting on the fiance visa approval?and is it the same process as doing the first tv?
    Trying to find you a link now to where I read the information

Welcome to the forum Cruising1. You aren't related to Justcruzing1 at all are you? ...555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

I have just read on another forum that it's possible to apply for a tourist visa while waiting for your fiance visa but not sure if I can post the link. What I can say is google "Thai Visa Express" and ask them. They should be able to give you a accurate answer.

Patongbeachboy may know as I saw he posted in a forum where a similar question was asked.

I cant see why you couldn't as long as you had only had one or two tourist visa's. Your GF would have to return to Thailand for the interview and then it could take another few months.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Welcome to the forum Cruising1. You aren't related to Justcruzing1 at all are you? ...555
    DP not as far as I know, maybe I've got an alter ego.. 555

Welcome to the board Crusing1

I can see we have different chromozones, you got the "S" I got the "Z". 55555

Look foward to your story.
    JC 1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast