Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Visa Overstays

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar

Visa Overstays

The following comes from a Visa Run agent interviewed by Stickman.

An interesting bit of additional information.

Can you tell me about any customers you have helped who were on long overstay?

Just today we had 2 separate people contact us who have lived here a long time. They have each overstayed by more than 2 years. One has overstayed 3 years. Actually, he is kind of tricky because he knows the maximum fine is just 20,000 baht and he knows it is cheaper than getting visas over many years. He called us today to find out how he could work it out. I told him he could just go to the airport, pay the 20,000 baht fine and fly out. If you can pay the 20,000 baht fine then you can go and come back.

But at the land border it is a maximum of 1 year overstay. Any longer than that and we cannot help at the border. If you have overstayed by more than 1 year you have to go to the airport yourself.
    Last edited by Zablive; 29th April 2013 at 18:22.

One time I was told by this guy from the UK in patong that his friend over-stayed a full 6 months and they made him go serve everyday at the hilton that he over-stayed and he had to pay the fine as well.
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    One time I was told by this guy from the UK in patong that his friend over-stayed a full 6 months and they made him go serve everyday at the hilton that he over-stayed and he had to pay the fine as well.
    So was this guy picked up on the street?

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    So was this guy picked up on the street?
    Hmm..from what I can remember..I believe he said they I do remember that someone had snitched on him maybe a girl or someone he had an argument with.

The fine only applies if you can get to the airport, without being picked up and present to Immigration there, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    The fine only applies if you can get to the airport, without being picked up and present to Immigration there, apparently.
    Not sure..lol would think we would never have to worry about it. I don't understand why people over stay when they can simply buy a 1 year ED for 30,000

how not to behave at Immigration, nearest border crossing (Chanthaburi to Cambodia) is Ban Pakkard 45km away. Last trip there, a French man ahead of me in the queue, 30s, off a visa run minivan from Pattaya.
    Overstayed by a month, 15,000 baht fine to pay before he'd be permitted to exit Thailand and then re-enter with a 15-day stamp. Shouted and waved his arms a lot, no money, then stepped back so the (woman) Immigration Officer could see him in full, grabbed his crotch and made crude thrusting movements at her. (they must have a panic switch) mid-performance two Thai Army soldiers from the border crossing swooped, one each side and half-lifted him, feet just on the ground, and off to the Army building. He got a good cheer from the expats in the queue, 'Way to go Froggie' got plenty of laughs.
    The visa run minivan he'd arrived in left without him, he was going nowhere (except at a guess the Detention Centre?), plenty of time to work on his manners.
    Last edited by Hatari; 24th July 2013 at 16:29.