Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Visa for a Thai child

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar

Visa for a Thai child

I think i read somewhere that you apply for the adult visa first, and after it is granted you "attach" the child as a separate exercise. Sounds a bit odd, but hey bureaucracy is a crazy thing in any part of the world.

Anyone with experience to share?
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I'm sure Fionn had a thread running.....

You can attach the child to a spouse visa straight away and I think it is even included in the one fee but could be wrong (about the fee).
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I think i read somewhere that you apply for the adult visa first, and after it is granted you "attach" the child as a separate exercise. Sounds a bit odd, but hey bureaucracy is a crazy thing in any part of the world.

Anyone with experience to share?
    Aussie immigration and visa laws change all the time. But what you've said here is more or less correct. The long and frustrating process is getting the PR visa for the adult, as far as kids go it's fairly straight forward after this, you just have to prove that they are the biological kids (of the person you're sponsoring) and that you can and will support them long term. It did used to be included in the same price for the original visa.

There are some pretty good agents in Bangkok. Find one that's done heaps of Aussie visas, I know a good one, PM me if you want and I'll send you the details.

Don't get ahead of yourselves guys, just a TV...I'm following my mentor Rivo. 555
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I'm sure Fionn had a thread running.....

You can attach the child to a spouse visa straight away and I think it is even included in the one fee but could be wrong (about the fee).
    Bingo give that man a Pineapple.

First visa is usually TV. When you get to Spouse visa make sure you put the child on it then and you pay nothing. Trying to add the child later will cost you a motza in paper warfare as well as $DOLLARS$
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Applied for the tourist visa for TG daughter today. Spoke to VFS who said it was better to apply for TG and TG daughter together. I had originally intended to apply for TG visa first, but thought I would get their advice as the form asks a question about family not travelling with you. Also I requested a 12 month multi-entry so that they can both come on school holidays in October and April, thus it would appear odd to apply for TG only. If there are problems, I would rather know sooner as it gives me time to deal with any issues as well.

One good thing was that the Por Kor 14 did not have to be translated...I assume this is because the visa was submitted in BKK.

Fingers crossed.

Applied for the tourist visa for TG daughter today. Spoke to VFS who said it was better to apply for TG and TG daughter together. I had originally intended to apply for TG visa first, but thought I would get their advice as the form asks a question about family not travelling with you. Also I requested a 12 month multi-entry so that they can both come on school holidays in October and April, thus it would appear odd to apply for TG only. If there are problems, I would rather know sooner as it gives me time to deal with any issues as well.

One good thing was that the Por Kor 14 did not have to be translated...I assume this is because the visa was submitted in BKK.

Fingers crossed.
    Just confirming all good and visa issued together, yet on separate forms. Now they just have to get out of the country!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Baz is normally pretty good with these things...give him a pm im sure he will help

Just thinking about the flight to Melbourne for TG and her daughter. She has Por Kor 14 and we have an A4 sheet detailing the Australian tourist visa for both of them. I'm not expecting any problems in Thailand or Australia, however the flight goes through KL. It is a single ticket, the luggage will go straight through and they will only be in transit, so I am hoping it will go smoothly. I was thinking about getting the Por Kor 14 translated into English, but probably overkill.

Any experience or advice?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Shouldn't be any problem if they are going to stay in the transit room then they don't go thru immigration. Bags are transferred from plane to plane and as long as they have a copy of the visa approval letters with them for backup. They may be checked by the airline as they get on the departing plane to be sure they won't be rejected in Aust.

Jeab did it going home and Cilla's A has just done it coming over 2.5 months ago.
    Last edited by justcruzing1; 31st August 2013 at 14:24.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Just thinking about the flight to Melbourne for TG and her daughter. She has Por Kor 14 and we have an A4 sheet detailing the Australian tourist visa for both of them. I'm not expecting any problems in Thailand or Australia, however the flight goes through KL. It is a single ticket, the luggage will go straight through and they will only be in transit, so I am hoping it will go smoothly. I was thinking about getting the Por Kor 14 translated into English, but probably overkill.

Any experience or advice?
    why not get the english translation anyways?
    i am a big believer in overkill with these things

I'm now going to be with them on the flight, so feel there is less of a need for the translation, although may still do it.

I think it was mentioned elsewhere that Por Kor 14 is no longer enough for a partner visa application, however it now looks like it may not be sufficient for a tourist visa application either. Anyone test this recently for a tourist visa for a child?

Applicants under 18 years of age
    - An original statement from an Amphur office (Thai Government District Office) giving permission from the non-travelling parent/s or legal guardian/s for the child to
    travel to Australia; or
    - Form 1229 (available from AVAC or the immigration website Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection) signed by the non-travelling parent/s.

If applicable, the following should also be provided:
    - A Por Kor 14 covering non-marital status of the applicant’s parents and the custodial circumstances of the applicant; or
    - if the applicant’s parents were married, their divorce certificate with memorandum attached; or
    - Court Orders stating the change of parental power over the applicant.
    Cilla likes this.

Cadet silver
    Ann and her 2 kids (14 and 10y.o) travelled on TV with just por Kor 14 in October 2013. Best thing to do is email Vfs and usually you will get an answer same day. Good luck.

Cadet silver
    Sorry Nomad
    I misread your post. I thought you meant TV. I!m about to go through PV soon and yes I believe you need form 1229. Fortunately it appears Ann's ex husband will sign the form 1229. All we have to do is pay for his travel to Chiang Mai and two nights accommodation. I'm now looking for 100 baht per night hotel!
    Nomad likes this.

You read it correctly. Looking at a TV. Also did a TV in Oct '13, and Por Kor 14 was sufficient. However, looks like it is going to be more complicated now if 1229 is required even for a TV.

Just had a quick response from VFS on something else, so will email them.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    You read it correctly. Looking at a TV. Also did a TV in Oct '13, and Por Kor 14 was sufficient. However, looks like it is going to be more complicated now if 1229 is required even for a TV.

Just had a quick response from VFS on something else, so will email them.
    Nomad did I read you did a 12 month TV with multable entry. ???

I have applied for multi-entry yet not received. In theory, CJ should be as a good a chance as any in receiving a multi-entry as the purpose is for short trips over school holiday and not for multiple 3 month stays. The last visit was 6 weeks with her daughter, so perhaps this history may now help.

Next time she applies I will:
    - ring the embassy to see if I can talk to them directly about the reason for applying for a multi-entry
    - make sure CJ is well prepared for the phone call from the embassy

My guess is that the second point is most important as this is when they have the paper work in front of them and are considering the application. This isn't easy...when speaking to "authority", CJ goes into just answer the question mode, rather than on the front-foot to get a key message across or ask questions.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Keep us in the loop with the multi entry.

We are currently trying to change the TV from 3 months single entry to 6 months multi.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Don't get ahead of yourselves guys, just a TV...I'm following my mentor Rivo. 555
    Hmmmm Really........ I seem to recall some pictures of a very cute young Thai girl with your dad here already. Trial run????

Would be great to catch up with CJ & PJ (You To). I have got to a job in Melbourne that has a flexible time frame. Perhaps September Dao will be in Aussie all month. I will be there for a week and need to catch up with a mentor and a few ex colleagues for some advice and he lives on the Mornington Peninsula. I was thinking staying at Dandenong. Yeah yeah I know. But they will drive to there for me.

Would be great to have some other BM's there. I was thinking Lunch on a sunday with the colleagues and dinner with board members. Spot if you can make it welcome to stay with Dao and I. I will book and pay for the appropriated accommodation. You and I in the double bed and Dao in the single. If you do not mind spooning.555555555 Oh and that wake up thing can be dangerous. 555555

PPBB and Gforce others in Melbourne. Thoughts??
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast