Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Tourist Visa Extension in Australia ?

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Tourist Visa Extension in Australia ?

My mate has his Thai Girlfriend here at the moment on a 3 month Tourist Visa and was asking me what's involved in extending the Visa to 6 months. I have never done it for my Thai Girl as her Visa has always had the condition 8503 No Further Stay written on it.

He checked her Visa today and it has condition 8101(No Work) & 8201(Max 3 Months Study) but no mention of 8503. Has anyone extended a TV whilst their girl is in Australia.

I told him to send am email to Immigration and ask the question.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Cadet Bronze
    ^ More than likely he wont get it, the Australian Immi is pretty tough when it comes to these things, the amount of times she has entered and his business and financial status will play a big role in it but it is on a case by case basis and I have seen and heard the strangest things happen!

My mate applied for a partner visa and then got a TR to bring his wife over to Oz, the partner visa got approved, she had to go back to Thailand to get the visa and there's a reason behind that as well but its too long to mention and doesn't help your case.

Im not trying to be negative, he should try to contact them but tell him not to get his hopes up!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Yes Rivo, we did it.
    Stamp says 8101, 8201, 8205 (Need X ray if studying >4 weeks). This is June 09 tho.
    You apply, then as directed by them get a X-ray which is posted off to immi. Then you get an extension letter.

Update : My mate sent an email off and got a reply in which he paid the $335 application fee for an extension to their Tourist Visa, this was a a few days ago. They also said they only grant extensions for compelling reasons. He got a reply yesterday afternoon and they were granted a Bridging Visa valid for 28 days and also attached was a request for a chest x/ray which he is trying to organize today.

His reason for her staying was to celibrate her birthday coming up in July and wants to have a party in Australia.

Cadet Bronze
    ^Wow pretty compelling reason nevertheless, excellent on his behalf! Always good to here success stories when it comes to aussie immi !

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyC View Post
    ^Wow pretty compelling reason nevertheless, excellent on his behalf! Always good to here success stories when it comes to aussie immi !

I would of thought he could think of a better reason aswell 555.....................Anyway I think its a positive result, they didnt say no to the application

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Main thing is he said there was something she (as a tourist) needed to do that the three months wasn't long enough for

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Thanks for the update Rivo, good to hear they have a chance, will keep fingers crossed.

I wonder if sometimes they look at a lame excuse and think, hell they aren't trying to lie to us and if this is as good as they can think of I feel sorry for them, let them have it. 55555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Cadet Bronze
    ^ Agree, I have been told that honesty is the best policy when it comes to the immi,they don't like to hear bulls*it and although it might sound like a lame excuse,its a valid one I guess!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I am going to give the extension ago and will let you know how it goes.

My GF's visa expires on the 16th July but last night my daughter told me she was getting married on the 24th August. If we don't get an extension will go back to BKK in July and try get another TV unless anyone else has a better idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    I would of thought he could think of a better reason aswell 555.....................Anyway I think its a positive result, they didnt say no to the application

My mate got the approval for his girlfriend to stay a further 3 months, so extension was granted, only requiring the chest x/ray, and the application fee 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Thats good news for them Rivo. I bet they are happy as.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"