Thread: TG's first visitor visa

TG's first visitor visa

Lodged at VFS on 15th July 2014
    Received by AU Immigration 16th July 2014
    Decision date 24th July 2014
    TG receive Visa Grant notice in mail on 26th July 2014
    Single entry for 3 months granted, enter by 24th January 2015
    Conditions on visa are 8101, 8201, 8503

On application will only filled out the start and finish dates for her visit (20 DEC 2014 / 04 JAN 2015)
    Only looking at a two week stay due to it only early days for our relationship and she has a very good job and she not want to loose it at this point. She is a very smart thinker and we have had many in depth discussions over it, not only for her job/family security but for me and the issues I'm dealing with too.

Info we submitted with application:
    * Letter from TG's work stating her job title, annual salary and requesting a visa be granted for the reason of vacation for two weeks and she will return after this trip
    * Invitation letter from me stating that we are developing a relationship and I will support her financially and provide accommodation whilst she in Australia
    * Stat dec pretty much saying the same thing in letter
    * TG has property so this info was submitted
    * TG's bankbook
    * Copy of my latest payslip
    * Copy of two of my best credit card available limits, 16K and 12K (my personal account not good due on going divorce issues .... story for another time)
    * Copy of my passport and pages of entries into Thailand (all of 3 entries and all been this year)
    * Copy of TG's ID card
    * 2 copies of TG's passport identity page
    * 12 pictures of us together (4 pics per A4 page). We have done quite a lot of sightseeing together so many different backgrounds

On 26th I was driving home after dropping kids back to their mums I get a few messages from TG and she also try to video call. Since I was driving and only 15mins from getting home I called her back once I got home.
    She was little upset I not answer but once explained I was driving she calmed down and became very happy and excited and told me the news. The expression on her face and the excitement in her voice....truly golden but slowly turns into sadness as she says its long time to December. I remind her that I'm back in October (even though she kept saying for me not to come, "you spend to much money") her face lights up with that ever so priceless smile.

Hope this info helps others as I read a lot of this board and Googled for info, this board certainly helped the most

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Congratulations Proon, well done.

Thanks for taking the time to detail your process. Are you going to be with her on the flighy over or will she be solo?
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

She will fly solo, direct flight from BKK to Perth with Thai Airways (about a 7 hour flight)
    Showed her last visit and will do again in October where to find check-in counter and then where to head to get through to plane
    Have shown her the Australian incoming passenger card and made sure she knows not to pack food.... 55555

Make sure she doesn't bring any food, herbs, medicines etc as the customs are very strict and a Thai girl on her own will definitely be checked.
    Tell her to double check her bag at the last second before going to the airport, family and friends have been known to slip some chilli's and other special foods into the bag, all good intention of having a nice gift/surprise for her when she gets here but it could have her sent back.
    I had to fight off my TG's mother and sister who kept trying to put parcels inside her clothes in the bag. The first thing she was asked at customs..you sure you no have herb's? home medicine? and then TG burst into laughter and I had to explain about my fighting family to stop them, The officer saw the funny side and waved us thru, didn't even open our bags.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    A good strategy is to get her bring properly packaged dried fruit e.g. dried mango bought from Tesco, Big C or similar, and get her to declare it. Shows she understands the rules and is doing the right thing, and then minimises the chance of being held up.
    jontymate likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

^^^Good point Nomad. Also means she goes thru the "Something to declare" line which is usually much smaller and often quicker.
    One of my ex bosses, who traveled for work all the time, would always bring in some small item like a timber ornament worth $5 just so he could declare it and throw it out but got thru Customs in half the time.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Went thru all this with Mrs M a decade ago and she obediently complied - no food - no herbs - no nothing ...
    She then - at check in - agreed to carry some strangers bag for them because they were over their baggage limit ...

DOH!!!! <7>
    justcruzing1 and jontymate like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Newby
    Wife and I came back together one time, had talked about food, wood, herbs etc.
    Got to Aus and found that family had stuffed food, seeds in her bag at the last minute after I had checked her bag.
    Some of the stuff was in coat pockets, that took some explaining!
    Got away without a fine but got an official warning letter.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I bet the wife got the message after that close call Tezza !
    !qq!

You can explain it and hope for the best &&&

Cadet silver
    When my girl came here on her first TV she brought no food whatsoever. Second time I was with her and we declared food that she had brought with her. Got to customs and the officer said "do you have any food? I replied, "we've got the whole bloody thai supermarket in there". We had a laugh and after checking what we had we were on our way in 5 minutes.

There is no problem bringing in food, as long as you declare it!! Next trip to Chiang Mai, I have to bring aeroplane jelly crystals and a particular brand of savoury crackers.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Well done Proon I know how you both feel My TG just left Perth on her first TV. (Unfortunately it didn't work with us we split a few weeks ago)

Don't forget to get her some insurance. Getting my TG food in Perth was a big issue. Do you know any locals in Perth? A lot of the local girls grow everything at home.

Also take her to the temple in Serpentine.
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 31st July 2014 at 18:50.

Not good to hear it not work out for you
    Got put onto place in North Perth on Newcastle Street near corner of Fitzgerald St for Thai ingredients
    Now I am making a lot stuff ... never thought I would ever be cooking Thai dishes ... 555555

Quote Originally Posted by proon View Post
    Not good to hear it not work out for you
    Got put onto place in North Perth on Newcastle Street near corner of Fitzgerald St for Thai ingredients
    Now I am making a lot stuff ... never thought I would ever be cooking Thai dishes ... 555555
    555 I love cooking and have had a few Asian gf so starting to get good. I can even cook issan food. 555

I went into the local thai owned Asian shop we sort of got to know the people when my gf was hear yesterday. When she knew I was now single she trying to set me up with her friends. 5555

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    555 I love cooking and have had a few Asian gf so starting to get good. I can even cook issan food. 555

I went into the local thai owned Asian shop we sort of got to know the people when my gf was hear yesterday. When she knew I was now single she trying to set me up with her friends. 5555
    The good old meet my friend setup .... mmmm sounds familiar .... 555555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by proon View Post
    The good old meet my friend setup .... mmmm sounds familiar .... 555555
    She has sent me quite a few on FB today. 555 there all 40 to 50 too old for this yougnster. I wonder if they have daughters. 555

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    She has sent me quite a few on FB today. 555 there all 40 to 50 too old for this yougnster. I wonder if they have daughters. 555
    .... ask for some change ... two twenties will do.... 5555
    Sydney, Gazmac and OZZYGUY like this.