Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kingswood

Thread: When does processing actually start....

Cadet

When does processing actually start....

hello all again.
    So the father in law has applied for a partner visa for his wife. Actually they put the form in in Thailand in February this year...Since then, he forgot the certified copy of the marriage cert...has since put this in. Now he has being asked for police clearances as these were missing also....
    My question is: When does the visa processing time actually start from??? Feb, or when they have actually put all the required forms in???
    Thank you

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I think you find that its from Feb, when it was submitted ! That's how it has worked for us . We are in the process of doing the second part for PR, and the 2 years according to Immi is August. We originally applied in August 2012.
    !qq!

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Exactly like Gazmac has said, the waiting period will start from the day Immigration recieve the paperwork, he would of recieved an email confirming the date all was recieved. Usually a request for medicals will come soon after and then later police check and any other paperwork required or not originally sent in, then its just wait 555

About 10 months at the moment
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Cadet
    Thanks guys!...That will make him happy

Cadet
    Things moving ahead for the father in law!.....Tells us this morning that his wife (she is back in Thailand) had a call saying that the visa "has been processed" and she should get a call next week advising her if approved....does that sound normal??
    Cheers

^ What type of communication have they requested ?...................With ours it was all email through my email address and we were notified of approval by email only, no phonecall at all, although that could be from my missus not having her phone turned on 555

Cadet
    not sure mate....
    I guess that getting a call advising that processing is complete means it has been sent for final approval (??????)...that is the way the Father in law is interpreting it, so just wanted to clarify!
    He seems to think that they will get approval next week.....Is it usual to notify the party that the processing is complete and that the visa is pending approval???

We had no notification for months.............then an email arrived saying approved.

I do know people that did get a phone call saying the decision is nearly due to be made.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    We had no notification for months.............then an email arrived saying approved.

I do know people that did get a phone call saying the decision is nearly due to be made.
    Thank you. this is good news then He will be very happy!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    ^ What type of communication have they requested ?...................With ours it was all email through my email address and we were notified of approval by email only, no phonecall at all, although that could be from my missus not having her phone turned on 555

So your missus is not Thai? 555!

When my gf got her visa approved they called her and sent me a email pretty much at the same time.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Email only for us . then about 2 weeks later Tane got a phone call to come pick up all the paperwork we had submitted over the last few visa apps.
    !qq!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingswood View Post
    Things moving ahead for the father in law!.....Tells us this morning that his wife (she is back in Thailand) had a call saying that the visa "has been processed" and she should get a call next week advising her if approved....does that sound normal??
    Cheers
    Has he paid yet? Could need a bank loan after tomorrow....
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Has he paid yet? Could need a bank loan after tomorrow....
    Sorry mate, paid what??....He paid for the visa application when they lodged it...is there more?!!!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Good if he's paid it then, 50% increase from tomorrow, result ?
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Cadet
    Lucky he paid then !!

So how did he go kingswood?

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    So how did he go kingswood?
    yep they received confirmation on Wed that she has the partner visa !! So filed in Feb last year and approed January, so 11 months. He is over the moon and is off to get them in a few weeks.
    i am happy as it means free Thai food for life !!!
    Rivo likes this.

now to wait 2 years for the permanent residency