Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Soupdragon
  • 1 Post By dave01
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon

Thread: Tourist Visa

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Tourist Visa

Am I correct , if a tourist ( UK ) wants to visit Thailand for a period longer than 30 days , they can get a multi-entry visa which allows them to stay in LOS for a total of 90 days over a 6month period , the cost of which would be 25 ...

Cheers

I can't remember what I paid for my 90 day visa. But it wasn't a lot. Though I thought it was something like 49, but my memory is hazy. That was 4 years ago though, so may have changed. I only planned to stay one 90 day period... so can't remember if it covered a 6 month period...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    This published only yesterday......

Tourists get extended visas | Bangkok Post: news
    Stillearly and pinecone like this.
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Soupdragon View Post
    This published only yesterday......

Tourists get extended visas | Bangkok Post: news
    Yeah I am liking it too as I am thinking about coming back in mid November for a month or two.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Is that for visa exemption passport holders too?

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Is that for visa exemption passport holders too?
    From the article...

That will mean holidaymakers from 49 countries who enter Thailand under a 30-day visa exemption can stay for 60 days.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

this might be useful for anyone looking for a one month tourist extension in CM

How To: Extend Your Thai Tourist Visa in Chiang Mai

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    Any suggestions guys ?? I recently went and extended my tourist visa(initially 4 weeks) for another 4 weeks due to surgery, this saw it pushed out to 7th December. I thought this was adequate as I assumed I would be leaving the country prior to that to return to work. However, after having a conversation with my company doctor today, he has recommended I stay home and stay in Thailand to recuperate.
    In short, I'll need another 4 weeks in country (that will be 12 weeks total) but prefer not to fly out, so I'm gonna approach immigration for some sort of "dispensation" and see how it goes.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Dazza..... I can only talk about what is relevant to an Aussie... By what you have written, you have come in on a Visa Exemption stamp? If so, you should have got 30 days, and under the new regulation, you can extend it by another 30 days (1900 baht). If I am reading it correctly, you have done that... The V/E can only be extended the once.

There is an extension available for medical issues.... Not sure how long the extension available is tho....Immi should be able to help u out with that. But, and I am only guessing... u will need to have supporting documentation.

If you are up to it, the easy way, is to leave the country and head to Laos, go to Savannakhet Consulate and grab a tourist visa.... Should be able to turn that around in a day there.... they are dong TV's in 1 day.... apply in the morning, pick up in the afternoon... Again, assuming you are Aussie, the Tourist Visa, will give you 60 days plus the option of another 30 by extension...

If Immigration were to deny you an extension, based on medical grounds, leaving the country, and attempting to return on another Visa Exempt stamp, MAY OR MAY NOT WORK... depending on the immigration officer you front on the day... doing it that way, really is a raffle atm..

Over staying, in the past was no big issue.... it was a MAXIMUM 20k baht fine at the airport.... There is a new regulation, however, that is yet to be enacted ( I think it was issued Aug 29, but not sure) that changes all that.. I *think* the Immi boss who was behind that was moved sideways, in one of the many purges that have been going on around the place... The new regulation makes provision for temporary bannings, and permanent black listing , depending on the length of the overtstay, as well as how the overstay was detected... So, if you are thinking along those lines... be careful, the mob now in charge change the rules at the drop of hat, so no one has any idea, when or if, the new regulation will be enacted.

good Luck with it
    Dazza likes this.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Any suggestions guys ?? I recently went and extended my tourist visa(initially 4 weeks) for another 4 weeks due to surgery, this saw it pushed out to 7th December. I thought this was adequate as I assumed I would be leaving the country prior to that to return to work. However, after having a conversation with my company doctor today, he has recommended I stay home and stay in Thailand to recuperate.
    In short, I'll need another 4 weeks in country (that will be 12 weeks total) but prefer not to fly out, so I'm gonna approach immigration for some sort of "dispensation" and see how it goes.
    With a medical cert from your treating doctor another extension for medical reasons should be possible. It's purely up to first the doctor and then the Immigration Officer's discretion/s.
    If they aren't willing to come to the party a trip up to Vientiane/Non Khai for a proper Tourist Visa could be on the cards.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

I'll try my luck at the local immigration office, if no luck will have to pop over to Laos for a "proper" tourist visa, from memory, simply going across the bridge and coming back in only gave me 2 weeks. Got my maths wrong in my original post, I'll need a further 8 weeks, making it 16 weeks total...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    I'll try my luck at the local immigration office, if no luck will have to pop over to Laos for a "proper" tourist visa, from memory, simply going across the bridge and coming back in only gave me 2 weeks. Got my maths wrong in my original post, I'll need a further 8 weeks, making it 16 weeks total...
    Apply for a tourist visa there..60 days plus 30 day extension.

Plenty say they are easy to get in Vientiane and same day.Get there early though.

Get a certificate from your doctor before you go to Immigration as without one you probably wont get another extension.
    Dazza likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

No luck at immigration office , off to Laos I have to go...PITA their visa uses up a full page :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!!! There was at least 500+ foreigners getting visa at the embassy today! Interestingly enough quite a lot of Russians, haven't seen any in past years...

520฿ per bottle

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    ^ Yep, picked up the same at DMK.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    this might be useful for anyone looking for a one month tourist extension in CM

How To: Extend Your Thai Tourist Visa in Chiang Mai
    I followed the instructions from this site and used the links to print the forms , went to immigration at 10:30 this morning , got a queue number and was told to come back around 13:30 , which I did , waited another 20 mins for my number to come up and then they took another 1 hour to process my passport , the office was mobbed in both the morning and afternoon , so could have been worse