Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Long term visa extension - Phuket Immigration

Long term visa extension - Phuket Immigration

Was at Immigration from about 9.10 to getting a a Non-Imm B extension done by 10.40 am. Three foreign volunteers now manning the distribution of forms and queue tickets….. and a notice stating:

Long term visa queue tickets:

Morning - 08.30 to 10.30 (limit 30 tickets)

Afternoon - 13.00 to 15.30 (limit 30 tickets)

So…… Get in early or miss out.

In addition to the usual documents, I had to fill out and sign a couple more forms during processing, giving some of the same information as was on the TM7.

For other matters the last tickets are handed out at 11.45 in the morning. Sorry, I forget what time in the afternoon. No limitation on numbers.
    Last edited by Mick; 30th September 2014 at 01:26.

Newby
    Long term visa queue tickets:

What are they?

I was there to get a visa extension (30-60 days), but have no idea what the tickets are.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Just a number chit that when your number flashes on the LED board means it's your turn to meet with the immigration guy. Saves people from cueing up in a swarm like cluster line waiting to get processed. Used to be a pain in the ass cause you didn't know if the imm guy was free, if buddy in front of you has been served or is just standing there waiting to get his passport back.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    One of the guys in Patts, went and had his retirement 1 yr extension and took all the usual docs copied etc.
    He was in and out in 15 mins and the interesting thing was he was told next time he just needs to bring his passport as everything is now monitored?? by the system.
    No Tea money asked or offered either.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

so u cna go in the afternoon and they give out another 30 numbers
    "We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer." HST

Quote Originally Posted by kamala View Post
    so u cna go in the afternoon and they give out another 30 numbers
    Yes, 30 in the morning, and 30 in the afternoon. The queue tickets are given out by the volunteers on your left as you enter the office. They also hand out the various forms you need to fill in.

They are not supposed to offer any advice, but can check that you have the required supporting documents.

Last time I went for a visa extension, I got ticket number 10 just after 9.00. It was about an hour and a half before I was done, most of the time spent standing around waiting to be called. I counted about 27 seats….. given that people turn up with a hanger on or two, most are soon occupied. Ninety day reporting is usually done in just a few minutes; I have never bothered with a ticket for that, but apparently they are being issued now.
    Last edited by Mick; 3rd November 2014 at 21:24.

thanks,
    haven't done 90 day reports in years ( GF has a 1 year b visa so she has to leave soooooooo

Figure for 90 days patong would be easier.
    I did my 1 year back in July ( in and out in 30 minutes with re entry permit),
    hopefully by than next year things will have settled, i hear some days its a zoo in Phuket immigration
    "We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer." HST

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Yes, 30 in the morning, and 30 in the afternoon. The queue tickets are given out by the volunteers on your left as you enter the office. They also hand out the various forms you need to fill in.

They are not supposed to offer any advice, but can check that you have the required supporting documents.

Last time I went for a visa extension, I got ticket number 10 just after 9.00. It was about an hour and a half before I was done, most of the time spent standing around waiting to be called. I counted about 27 seats….. given that people turn up with a hanger on or two, most are soon occupied. Ninety day reporting is usually done in just a few minutes; I have never bothered with a ticket for that, but apparently they are being issued now.
    Surely if you go in the morning and you are 31st you don't have to queue up again after lunch?
    And you get ticket #1 for the afternoon?

90 day reports are passport only in Patong but with their ever-changing extension requirements I think a rapid computerised process for that is a pipedream.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Surely if you go in the morning and you are 31st you don't have to queue up again after lunch?
    No, you don't, as a colleague of mine discovered. He accepted it, but the Thai staffer who was with him came back spitting tacks; he didn't have much good to say about Immigration.

And you get ticket #1 for the afternoon?
    Yes, if you are first in come the afternoon session. Otherwise, no.

Tough? C'est la vie.

No - from what you report is that if your number 31 in the AM you're first up in the afternoon - correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    No, you don't, as a colleague of mine discovered. He accepted it, but the Thai staffer who was with him came back spitting tacks; he didn't have much good to say about Immigration.
    Yes, if you are first in come the afternoon session. Otherwise, no.

Tough? C'est la vie.

C'est la vie. FFS!

Phuket has no lift and I cannot climb those stairs anymore.

I'll let you know how I circumvent That.

If push comes to shove I'll phone the Colonel - he has (foolishly) published his phone number for complaints.

It goes against my grain to consider hiring an agent for something I've done myself for years.
    Last edited by Zablive; 4th November 2014 at 17:13.

according to someone who just did his 12th or more retire extensions today
    you now fill out all ur paperwork DOWNSTAIRS an its checked

note u need a certificate of residency ( never needed that before)
    PLUS a note from ur landlord WITH COPY of id card

Am sure a few wont give it as now they will have to pay tax on rental income

Than u go upstairs where it is checked again and ur given a number

30 morning
    30 afternoon
    no 31 ;-(

Hoops an more hoops
    been here 28+ years, getting tired of this bull****
    Minder, Mick and Moo Uaon like this.

"Improvements" at Phuket Town Immigration

Did the 90 day report in Phuket Town today. Not required years ago, then just a quick in, done within five minutes (often less) and out….. until this time. The staff at Immigration must be on a "work to rule" or something.

Had a few other things to do in the morning, and thought I could fit it in between a couple of them. It killed most of the morning.

I got there about 9.30, with pre filled in TM47 in hand. There was a several minute long queue to get a queuing ticket. I was given orange 29 (different colours for different tasks), and sent to the photo-copy queue.

For a while they required photocopies of relevant passport pages, then they didn't, then they did, then they didn't the last couple of times, so I didn't bring any. At 3 baht a page for copying, it must be a nice little earner for the staff. It is just a baht a page near where I live.

They were up to orange 19 at the 90 day desk by the time I was sorted with the documents.

It was about 10.40 when they got to my number 29.

Complaining?

Not really. It's just the way it is.
    Last edited by Mick; 3rd December 2014 at 23:47.

FUCKAMIA!

Retirement Extension at Phuket Immi Dec. 11, 2014

What an experience – nearly 6.5 hours – and I thought last year’s 3.5 hours (on Xmas Day!) was onerous. IIRC the first extension renewal there 4 years ago took just over an hour and another 15 minutes for the re-entry permit.
    A number of new forms to complete (very difficult as it now takes me 2 minutes just to sign my name due to paralysis) even though my partner went there last week to specifically ask what was needed. We downloaded and filled out the forms for registration of residence (TM 28 & 30) but these were rejected and substituted with no number declarations in faded print on the back of old paysheets! Several times my partner had to return downstairs to photocopy stuff and bring to me to sign (I can’t climb the stairs) because the idiot English Vollie obviously did not have a fkn clue about the process as he got many an earful on the way out (if you’re waiting for 6 hours you’ve got plenty of time to get photocopies, if you know – maybe that’s what is causing the delays?)
    We got there shortly after 9am and got ticket number 45 after our documents were reviewed. A lady next to my partner had ticket no. 12 – she queued up at 6am! By Noon lunchtime they had processed only 19 – with 5 officers processing! Even then we have to return to pick up the passport today – so no chance of doing the re-entry permit on the same day.
    I was sitting in the rotunda just opposite the new downstairs office – short extensions, residence registration (now required before the extension process can commence – this is NOT the 90 day report) and re-entry permits. That was chokkas all day and no more tickets were issued after around 3pm.
    Sure, it was the day after a holiday but my bank and Embassy letters had to be used before the next week. By my calculation Phuket are far less efficient by at least 60% than before there “renovations”.
    I tried to get them to renew for just 6 months so I could shift the renewal date from December to low season – “No! cannot.” All in all it was a helluva experience for both me and my partner – at least they didn’t have to come downstairs and take my photo to prove my presence as I had 6 extra signings to do down there so they knew I was still alive.
    I’m seriously contemplating exiting without a re-entry permit (even with all the difficulties travelling) around June and starting the process all over again with a new O visa or TV so I can renew at a more “sensible” time of year – and it’s not even Peak Season yet.
    SEQUEL:
    Some peanut from Immi has just phoned me to tell me I have to go to Bangkok Embassy to get another Income letter because “ The Embassy do wrong – I want different”.
    However I have the passport with a one year stamp so they can goandgetfked. This is just about enough to push me from the “Sabai sabai group” to the “Paranoid group”.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    why not go up to 30 days before expiry and do it? you don't have wait until days before it expires.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

I can't find a 90 day reporting thread for Phuket so I'll put this here.

After a year or so of Patong Immi office re-opening, taking 90 day reports by just handing over only your passport, entering your departure card number, printing off the form, sign (you or your representative), snip off the bottom slip, staple into your passport, smile and Sawadee - a 5 minute process.

They now require all the previous photocopies plus one of your address notification slip which should be in the front of your passport.
    This is quite bizarre as you are there to prove your address!! Which you've already done.

But a bonus -no form required (in fact they wont give you one which is stupid - you need it if you want to do a report by mail).

But - TIT - nothing is more certain that things will change on every contact with Thai Immi.

Their offices really are run as individual franchises.

BTW - there is no photocopy facility there or nearby.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    I can't find a 90 day reporting thread for Phuket so I'll put this here.

After a year or so of Patong Immi office re-opening, taking 90 day reports by just handing over only your passport, entering your departure card number, printing off the form, sign (you or your representative), snip off the bottom slip, staple into your passport, smile and Sawadee - a 5 minute process.

They now require all the previous photocopies plus one of your address notification slip which should be in the front of your passport.
    This is quite bizarre as you are there to prove your address!! Which you've already done.

But a bonus -no form required (in fact they wont give you one which is stupid - you need it if you want to do a report by mail).

But - TIT - nothing is more certain that things will change on every contact with Thai Immi.

Their offices really are run as individual franchises.

BTW - there is no photocopy facility there or nearby.
    I was there last week doing a 90 day report and there was a photocopy place in a little out building attached to the main Immigration office. Maybe the copier was broken when you went.

They were charging 10 baht a copy.
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

Same, couple of weeks ago I went there to report and only had to get photocopies (first time I didn't even need copies). As Soup mentioned there's a photocopy shop attached to the left side of the building that will do any copying.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupdragon View Post

They were charging 10 baht a copy.
    2 baht up here...there you go 55
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    2 baht up here...there you go 55
    5555 I did give the girl making the copies a bit of lip over the price. It's only 30 baht but like you say it should be 6.
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Soupdragon View Post
    5555 I did give the girl making the copies a bit of lip over the price. It's only 30 baht but like you say it should be 6.
    Creative! - they can no longer charge the 100 baht "service fee" for express service so now they'll collect via going back to overpriced copies 555!

It's just frustrating - they no sooner get an efficient computerized system going (proving they can do it if they want to) then they revert to heaps of duplicated paper.
    Last edited by Zablive; 12th March 2015 at 17:31.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast