Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mick
  • 1 Post By Cuzzy

Thread: Partnership Visa for New Zealand entry

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar

Partnership Visa for New Zealand entry

Hi all

Has anyone done a Partnership Based Visa Application for entry to NZ?

My fiance' has visited NZ before on a 3 month Visitor Visa.

At that time she was working in Accounts Dept at a hotel in Pattaya and had letter from Supervisor stating he would re-employ her on return. However, this has now changed as a few weeks ago her father died and she is now back in Chumphae with mum and not employed other than running the shop from the downstairs part of the family home.

She does have a land title pending, 10 Rai in total. This will be finalised next week. Also has 50kThb in her bank account, enough for a return airfare.

We will provide evidence of our relationship as per the previous application.

Any assistance appreciated thanks.
    Last edited by Cuzzy; 15th November 2014 at 06:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    Hi all

Has anyone done a Partnership Based Visa Application for entry to NZ?

My fiance' has visited NZ before on a 3 month Visitor Visa.

At that time she was working in Accounts Dept at a hotel in Pattaya and had letter from Supervisor stating he would re-employ her on return. However, this has now changed as a few weeks ago her father died and she is now back in Chumphae with mum and not employed other than running the shop from the downstairs part of the family home.

She does have a land title pending, 10 Rai in total. This will be finalised next week. Also has 50kThb in her bank account, enough for a return airfare.

We will provide evidence of our relationship as per the previous application.

Any assistance appreciated thanks.
    Not done, but have looked into it….. and would have done if a now ex had been willing to play the game.

From what I have seen, be patient and play by the rules, and it is all quite straight forward. Try to buck the system, and bend the rules (as my ex was keen to do) and it's not going to happen.

The trouble is that for many Thai people used to dealing with Thai bureaucracy (including my ex) finding ways around the system is second nature. She had lived as an overstayer in NZ for five years (during which time I met her), only returning home when her passport was due to expire. That would have caused a problem with travel, and got her arrested and deported. By leaving of her own volition she had a clean slate.

All you need to know is here, though you may have checked it out already (click on "Partner"):

Partner

Having property, money in the bank, and a job in Thailand, all relevant for a visitor visa, are of little importance to a Partnership Visa, which assumes you are going to set up life together in NZ. Of primary importance is a bona fide relationship. Having lived together for at least a year is the starting point. The length and nature of the relationship, joint assets, and the like are things they look into…. so some of the evidence previously provided will be relevant, but not necessarily all of it, and you will need to provide other evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Not done, but have looked into it….. and would have done if a now ex had been willing to play the game.

From what I have seen, be patient and play by the rules, and it is all quite straight forward. Try to buck the system, and bend the rules (as my ex was keen to do) and it's not going to happen.

The trouble is that for many Thai people used to dealing with Thai bureaucracy (including my ex) finding ways around the system is second nature. She had lived as an overstayer in NZ for five years (during which time I met her), only returning home when her passport was due to expire. That would have caused a problem with travel, and got her arrested and deported. By leaving of her own volition she had a clean slate.

All you need to know is here, though you may have checked it out already (click on "Partner"):

Partner

Having property, money in the bank, and a job in Thailand, all relevant for a visitor visa, are of little importance to a Partnership Visa, which assumes you are going to set up life together in NZ. Of primary importance is a bona fide relationship. Having lived together for at least a year is the starting point. The length and nature of the relationship, joint assets, and the like are things they look into…. so some of the evidence previously provided will be relevant, but not necessarily all of it, and you will need to provide other evidence.
    bona fide relationship. [B]Having lived together for at least a year

Yeah that's the catch.... getting to the point of living together whilst on a Visitor Visa. Whatever amount of time applied for, the applicant must exit NZ for an equal amount of time.

I imagine we can apply for an extension but haven't looked that far yet.

Good info thanks.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Yup. living together for a year….. It is the reason I stayed on a few years back, so my ex could return to NZ with me. She saw it as delaying tactics to stay in Thailand, and was sure there was a way around it. There isn't.

The year doesn't have to all be in Thailand, but it does have to be continuous, and the application has to be made from outside NZ.

Move on…. I discovered that she preferred women anyway, which could have been difficult to explain.

Another TGF came into my life. Again I stayed on to give her the opportunity….. that she didn't want.

The country gal's ambitions leaned more toward the Hi So set in Thailand. The sex and the conversation were good for the several years she was with me, but she contributed nothing to household expenses (despite being reasonably well paid) or chores. The joint bank a/c emptied as fast as I made deposits. Her expectations were beyond my humble means, and lifestyle. Better that she moved on….. Last heard of, she divorced the Bangkok lad she then married for a couple of years…… And has now hooked up with a flash Sepo.

Yes, the living together for at least year requirement is a hurdle, but it's there for a reason. It shifts things beyond courtship, and does sort a few things out.
    Cuzzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Yup. living together for a year….. It is the reason I stayed on a few years back, so my ex could return to NZ with me. She saw it as delaying tactics to stay in Thailand, and was sure there was a way around it. There isn't.

The year doesn't have to all be in Thailand, but it does have to be continuous, and the application has to be made from outside NZ.

Move on…. I discovered that she preferred women anyway, which could have been difficult to explain.

Another TGF came into my life. Again I stayed on to give her the opportunity….. that she didn't want.

The country gal's ambitions leaned more toward the Hi So set in Thailand. The sex and the conversation were good for the several years she was with me, but she contributed nothing to household expenses (despite being reasonably well paid) or chores. The joint bank a/c emptied as fast as I made deposits. Her expectations were beyond my humble means, and lifestyle. Better that she moved on….. Last heard of, she divorced the Bangkok lad she then married for a couple of years…… And has now hooked up with a flash Sepo.

Yes, the living together for at least year requirement is a hurdle, but it's there for a reason. It shifts things beyond courtship, and does sort a few things out.
    Haven't looked back here for a while.

Thanks for your input. Sounds like you went through a rough patch there mate.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Maybe they should have it in for all marriages, 1-2 yrs living together non stop
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Maybe they should have it in for all marriages, 1-2 yrs living together non stop
    That would certainly make it tough.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Goodness how would the Church react 5555 might as well do away with white wedding gowns.....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Goodness how would the Church react 5555 might as well do away with white wedding gowns.....
    Pete how many brides are virgins these days??? Still wear White.

Many are 5-6 months pregnant, my 1st was 4 months.

I lived with my 2nd for 4 yrs before marring her. She still wore white full fluffy dress.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Pete how many brides are virgins these days??? Still wear White.

Many are 5-6 months pregnant, my 1st was 4 months.

I lived with my 2nd for 4 yrs before marring her. She still wore white full fluffy dress.
    Yes, I said it more in jest.....

Au arrives next Wednesday and I have made an appointment for Thursday at Immigration. The purpose of the interview is to ask an INZ Officer how we go about getting a Partnership Visa.

I will take as much information going back to when we first contacted each other 4 years ago including emails, msgs, bank transfers and whatever else I can think of to support an application.
    Quarky likes this.