Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NeedHoliday

Thread: Question about the new visa regulations as of Aug 14

Question about the new visa regulations as of Aug 14

Without getting into all that I had a simple question.

I plan on showing up on a 30 day stamp and then either taking a bus or flying (if necessary) out of the country for a day or two to properly acquire a normal tourist visa.

Is this still possible? When they say no more "visa runs" I think they are just talking about the lazy c*unts who abuse the free 30 day stamp thing over and over not the people who leave to obtain proper visas and pay for them right?

I have not been issued a tourist visa in over a year btw.

Thanks
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

I would come on a 30 day stamp then extend locally for another 30 days, THEN go out and get a tourist visa from a nearby Consulate (e.g. Penang). Pretty sure they'll only give you a single entry visa (60 day), but you should be able to extend that by 30 days once you're here.

Whilst I know you can technically do that, I haven't personally done it so can't say if there are any other requirements when extending (e.g. onward ticket, proof of funds etc).
    Moo Uaon likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Cambodia...PP...was doling out 2 x 60 day visas recently I was told...with in country extensions you can get half a year out of that