Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 3 of 3
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NeedHoliday

Thread: Question about the new visa regulations as of Aug 14

  1. #1
    Platinum supmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Question about the new visa regulations as of Aug 14

    Without getting into all that I had a simple question.

    I plan on showing up on a 30 day stamp and then either taking a bus or flying (if necessary) out of the country for a day or two to properly acquire a normal tourist visa.

    Is this still possible? When they say no more "visa runs" I think they are just talking about the lazy c*unts who abuse the free 30 day stamp thing over and over not the people who leave to obtain proper visas and pay for them right?

    I have not been issued a tourist visa in over a year btw.

    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

  2. #2
    Platinum NeedHoliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    I would come on a 30 day stamp then extend locally for another 30 days, THEN go out and get a tourist visa from a nearby Consulate (e.g. Penang). Pretty sure they'll only give you a single entry visa (60 day), but you should be able to extend that by 30 days once you're here.

    Whilst I know you can technically do that, I haven't personally done it so can't say if there are any other requirements when extending (e.g. onward ticket, proof of funds etc).
    Moo Uaon likes this.

  3. #3
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Cambodia...PP...was doling out 2 x 60 day visas recently I was told...with in country extensions you can get half a year out of that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts