The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2nd Part of Partner Visa to Australia

Newby Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    OK just getting towards the end of this lot of paperwork, should be in the mail by the end of the week, after I find the answer to this last question - We must send an "Acknowledgement Letter - completed with your name and address" what exactly is this ?
    One man's wage rise is another man's price increase ---------

^ What do you know, google was my friend 555..................................

Acknowledgement letter
    If applying by post, an acknowledgement letter can be downloaded for your use. If you want to be advised that
    we have received your documents, please complete the acknowledgement letter with your name and address
    and return it with your other documents. This letter will be dated and returned to you on receipt of your
    documentation.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    The clerk gets your "Acknowledgement Letter" stamps it and puts it back in the mail al before his first teabreak...555
    Rivo likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Called immigration last week as we hadn't received any email correspondence re part 2 (permanent residency application), as now 2 years since initial application. They confirmed that they could now apply and issued an email immediately. Bad news is that processing time has blown out from 8 months to 23 months (based on 90% processing) on account of a rise in the number of applications. Sounds like BS to me given that part 1 processing was in accordance with usual time frames (11 months).
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Called immigration last week as we hadn't received any email correspondence re part 2 (permanent residency application), as now 2 years since initial application. They confirmed that they could now apply and issued an email immediately. Bad news is that processing time has blown out from 8 months to 23 months (based on 90% processing) on account of a rise in the number of applications. Sounds like BS to me given that part 1 processing was in accordance with usual time frames (11 months).

A friend of mine was in the exact same situation in November 2016, he spoke with me about what to do and my advice was to send an email to the Brisbane Processing Office ( I had an contact email address) and ask them the question, which he did, same as you Nomad he got the 100 visa application sent to him. He completed the paperwork and submitted after about 2 x weeks. He was travelling with his partner to Thailand in February this year and that would coincide with the expiry of 2 x years on the 309, unsure of whether she would be able to re-enter Australia after that period of time (I said should not be a problem until a decision on the 100 visa was made) I again suggest another email to Brisbane, this was in January 2017, the reply email was sent back to them "100 Visa Granted "

He forwarded the email to me as he wanted to confirm that this was the Visa Granted email and sure enough it was, ours took around the 8 x months, this one was 3 x months. We both couldn't believe it and can only guess as to why this was processed so quickly ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    So they can come over to Oz and work straight away?

"This provisional visa allows you to travel to Australia and work, study and enrol in Medicare while a decision is being made about your 100 Permanent Partner Visa. "
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post

"This provisional visa allows you to travel to Australia and work, study and enrol in Medicare while a decision is being made about your 100 Permanent Partner Visa. "
    That's right Moo. On top of normal public schooling, 500 hours of free English language and vocational classes for an Adult. Kids can go to an English language school for up to 12 months before entering the standard public school system.

Many at the adult level seem to be keen to work thus may not finish or delay the start of the 500 hours. E.g. one TG had been here 10 years and just finished her hours.
    Last edited by Nomad; 23rd July 2017 at 10:19.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post

Yes on 309/100 visa as soon as its granted they can work.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    i always thought they had to wait at least 12 months.

cheers!
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12