Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By wabbits
  • 1 Post By wabbits
  • 1 Post By MarcTwoSix
  • 1 Post By Nomad
  • 1 Post By Rivo
  • 1 Post By PeteGill
  • 1 Post By justcruzing1

Thread: Partner visa or ? BTW I'm getting hitched.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

Partner visa or ? BTW I'm getting hitched.

Sorry guys haven't been here awhile had a lot going on. Anyway I'm getting hitched and need some advise on what visa options I have. My lady is not Thai she is Filipino, some BM's may have remembered her from my CM trip in April at DUP. I assume the same process.

We will be married in April 2016
    Lived together over a year in Australia and the rental lease is in both names.
    I am divorced
    She is never married.
    She has a child in Phil's who we want to bring to Aust.
    We have had fathers name removed from child s birth certificate (dont ask how)
    She is currently on Higher education visa 573 that expires in 12 months time.
    She has been in Aust over a year now.
    We currently live and intend living in Australia.

Not sure if we should do partner visa or as she will be in Australia more than two years she may be able to apply for Permanent resident without the partner visa.

The other issue we have is on her 573 visa, kids cannot attend school under some government funding thing and we need to pay really big school fees. Her Uni fees are also 30k a year on this visa so if we could somehow change her current visa so she is not a overseas student it would save a lot of money.

Her family is financial and happy to pay the uni and school fees but still better if we can save the money.

Any help would be great.
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 4th September 2015 at 10:16.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    No idea...perhaps try a Filipino forum ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    They are Australian visas so the process should be the same as for a TG.
    Time to do some reading!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    The visa process will be the same Thai Or wherever.
    When you add the child they even if you have a document saying no father they will want further proof . we had a document saying sole custody and supporting docs but still needed the official form his statement of concent plus ID and certified.
    In our case it has been sole custody from day dot.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    They are Australian visas so the process should be the same as for a TG.
    Time to do some reading!
    I did a load of reading, thought I had complied but noooooo never said anywhere I looked that I would need further parental custody proof but each visa has a few surprises.5555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I did a load of reading, thought I had complied but noooooo never said anywhere I looked that I would need further parental custody proof but each visa has a few surprises.5555
    I would imagine that is very common......they have to be 100% certain someone isn't taking the child away from another parent.

When we were looking to do it.....my stepson's scum father extorted my wife. She had to pay him to sign off
    Funny story attached to that but won't detail Ozzy's thread

Congrats Ozzy
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post

They changed the requirement on that one about 2 years ago. Previously Por Khor 14 was sufficient but now they want the father to sign even if there is sole custody. Note, Por Khor 14 is still sufficient for tourist visas.

If you have what may be viewed as a dodgy certificate...one name and recently issued, then I would guess that might be a red flag and slows things down.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Congrats Ozzy, I would think the Partner Visa is what they would recommend for you if your getting married. I think if you apply in Australia the cost is a fair bit more than out of the country, like said before now is the time for some research.

The Partner Visa is not much harder, just a bit more detail than the Tourist Visa (Youve done TV before) and from what you have mentioned you will meet the criteria for a Partner Visa.

If you havent been to their site, this one might help : Australian Visa Forum
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    I can't help with advice except to say congratulations.........
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Congrats Ozzy. Good luck with it all.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"