Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nautilus
  • 2 Post By Zablive

Thread: Thailand confirms new 6-month visas for tourists

Cadet Gold

Thailand confirms new 6-month visas for tourists

Thailand confirms new 6-month visas for tourists
    By Asian Correspondent Staff Sep 22, 2015 12:58PM UTC

The visa, costing 5,000 baht (US$139), will be available from November 13 this year. 'It will grant travelers multiple entries during a 6-month period, for up to 60 days per entry. All foreign nationals are eligible to apply for METV,' the statement said.

Thailand confirms new 6-month visas for tourists | Asian Correspondent
    Quarky likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Sounds like a positive move for tourists.

this is awesome bump this post...im hella excited...even though my flights feb 6th to may 6th i might leave in november in 2 months
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    I guarantee on Nov. 14th no Thai consulate or Embassy will know how to process this new Visa ...
    supmate and Suttoh like this.

How true is this, seen on ThaiEmbassy.com :-
    Under the new provisions of the Visa Exemption Rule (VER), visitors can now come regularly to Thailand without limiting their stay within a total of 90 days in a six-month period. Just keep in mind that under the VER, you are allowed 30 days maximum on each visit.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by mechime View Post
    How true is this, seen on ThaiEmbassy.com :-
    Under the new provisions of the Visa Exemption Rule (VER), visitors can now come regularly to Thailand without limiting their stay within a total of 90 days in a six-month period. Just keep in mind that under the VER, you are allowed 30 days maximum on each visit.
    The 90 days in 6 months provision. I think that was the case, but that was relaxed some time ago. Visa Exemptions can also be extended under newish rules. Costs 1900 baht in country at immigration.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    The 90 days in 6 months provision. I think that was the case, but that was relaxed some time ago. Visa Exemptions can also be extended under newish rules. Costs 1900 baht in country at immigration.
    So your saying if i come as an american with no visa...every 30 days i can extend it another 30 days for 1900 baht twice adding up to 90 days total without a visa?
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    So your saying if i come as an american with no visa...every 30 days i can extend it another 30 days for 1900 baht twice adding up to 90 days total without a visa?
    No not at all.. I should have made it clearer... U can only extend the Visa Exemption ONCE... sorry for that. If you want to stay 90 days, get a tourist visa, it too, can be extended ONCE for 1900 baht and that will give you a total of 90 days.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    looks good... 6 months without border hopping or reports...edit,60 day border hops

The new six months visa to Thailand and how to use it - Chiang Mai Locator, Wiki

Last edited by Moo Uaon; 3rd November 2015 at 11:30.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    "Maximum stay of 60 days" so still border hops at least every 60 days.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    So more of a multi entry, short stay variant than a true six month stay visa then..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    "Maximum stay of 60 days" so still border hops at least every 60 days.
    ok,i didn't read it all.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

As expected - the *VISA* (entry into the kingdom) covers a 6 month period (multiple entry), but will only cover 60 days stay.

What still isn't clear is if you can extend for 30 days in country (like a normal tourist visa). I'll be really surprised if you can't, because that will be a massive baht hit for Immigration.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    As expected - the *VISA* (entry into the kingdom) covers a 6 month period (multiple entry), but will only cover 60 days stay.

What still isn't clear is if you can extend for 30 days in country (like a normal tourist visa). I'll be really surprised if you can't, because that will be a massive baht hit for Immigration.
    Well I think you can only extend on your final entry (once the visa has expired). So you should be able to get 9 months out of it... still pretty useless as you can only apply for it in your resident country and in terms of paper work you have to show min $7000 (in the bank for 6 months prior to application), a letter of employment, return airplane ticket and proof of hotel stay (for your first entry).
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    Well I think you can only extend on your final entry (once the visa has expired). So you should be able to get 9 months out of it... still pretty useless as you can only apply for it in your resident country and in terms of paper work you have to show min $7000 (in the bank for 6 months prior to application), a letter of employment, return airplane ticket and proof of hotel stay (for your first entry).
    To be honest......it is what a lot of countries expect from people granted visas
    Gets rid of the riff raff and that's a good thing
    Thailand has had to put up with way too many losers for far too long trying to stay in their country

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    To be honest......it is what a lot of countries expect from people granted visas
    Gets rid of the riff raff and that's a good thing
    Thailand has had to put up with way too many losers for far too long trying to stay in their country
    Define losers / riff-raff? Those without enough money to support themselves? Criminals? Whatever your definition, this change also hurts those staying here that are beneficial for the economy (bring money into the country and spend it here).

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Define losers / riff-raff? Those without enough money to support themselves? Criminals? Whatever your definition, this change also hurts those staying here that are beneficial for the economy (bring money into the country and spend it here).
    I think it is pretty clear who the losers are when you are in Thailand
    Obviously guys like yourself are not..........but I wouldn't call spending a few thousand a month huge benefit to the country either
    But certainly not a loser.............which there are way too many of

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I think it is pretty clear who the losers are when you are in Thailand
    Obviously guys like yourself are not..........but I wouldn't call spending a few thousand a month huge benefit to the country either
    But certainly not a loser.............which there are way too many of
    obviously the losers are anyone in your estimation not affluent enough to be staying at the mecure or Bjork sky Mark??

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    I can't see why Thailand should be exempt from taking in losers. My country has been doing that for years.