Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Visa to Australia for TG

Tez

Visa to Australia for TG

There is a lot of information here about Visas to Australia but is it still relevant now. I want to bring a TG here for a couple of weeks next year and want to know how to start the process step by step. This might be a fairly regular occurrence as well. Can someone give me the most up to date way of doing this. I am in Perth so if there is a place here with info that might help too

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Sounds like you just want a Tourist Visa Tez, they are quite easy to organize. Go onto the Immigration website and download the required forms, you can do the majority of the paperwork here in Oz and then take to Thailand on you next trip and submit to Bangkok, usually takes about a week to get the visa and then she is right to go. They will give her a 3 month TV wether she stays 1 day or 3 months will be your decision.

BTW a few weeks will fly by, stretch it out more if possible would be my advice.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    You should be able to apply on line but there is a bit of info gathering...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Don't forget to make sure she has a Passport 1st.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Don't forget to make sure she has a Passport 1st.
    And check that the passport says FEMALE. 555

I agree with Rivo the time will fly even the 3 months goes fast. Try to get her to stay longer if possible. Back when I did it I did most the papers work in Perth, submitted it in Bangkok and about 7 days later we had a call saying it was ready and she came home on my flight. It looks hard at first but easy once you get your head around it. Sorry dont want to comment on the process as it was two years ago when I last did it.

Its a great feeling when it get approved good luckTez
    Cuzzy likes this.

Tez
    Thanks for the info I will look on the immi site and see about sorting it And when I see her in a month we can submit it then
    cheers
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Cadet silver
    I've done two and they were easy. Important for you is a letter from you inviting her to come stating where she will live, that you will be responsible for living expenses and spending money unless she has a considerable income/book bank of her own. Also include letter from her employer indicating that she is taking leave and her job will still be there for her. Include anything that you feel will indicate she has reasons to return to Thailand. As far as submitting certified copies of documents, for a tourist visa only she can certify them.

Otherwise just supply what the embassy has on the checklist. Please feel free to pm me if you like.

Cadet silver
    6 Months since the Visa application was lodged and nothing from Immigration yet. Why is it that Syrians pay nothing are processed in a few weeks?
    Tingtong likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    6 months mate must be a issue i did one a few years ago only took about 7 to 10 days. Give them a call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanemu View Post
    6 Months since the Visa application was lodged and nothing from Immigration yet. Why is it that Syrians pay nothing are processed in a few weeks?
    For what type of Visa ? and where was it lodged ..

as ozzy says if a Tourist Visa should only be a week at most .... but a partner visa is a whole different ball game
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    For what type of Visa ? and where was it lodged ..

as ozzy says if a Tourist Visa should only be a week at most .... but a partner visa is a whole different ball game
    It is a PMV...at least he got it at the "Old" price.....*Cha Ching*

Divorce Aussie style

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    It is a PMV...at least he got it at the "Old" price.....*Cha Ching*

Divorce Aussie style
    Ahhh got yah ........... then 6 months is not long at all .... although this could depend on where it was lodged
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Cadet silver
    My apologies gentlemen. I should have been more specific. It was a PMV. Lodged in Bkk in the last week of June 2014. got in just before the price rise. They said 9 to 12 months.

It all seems like a long time ago, but paying $10,000 and waiting maybe a year or more for a visa all sounds a bit "UNHCR" and "People smugglers" to me....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    My apologies gentlemen. I should have been more specific. It was a PMV. Lodged in Bkk in the last week of June 2014. got in just before the price rise. They said 9 to 12 months.

I lodged last week of June in BKK and received request for police check and some additional information ~ late November. We lodged electronically ie did not go via VFS.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Are you sure you mean 2014 ?.............................If that is the case there must be a problem.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Here's a re-post of OME which should make it all clear...

It's been a long time since my last post and a lot has happened. My divorce was finalised in April this year and my ex wife and I are still good friends. I lodged Ann's Prospective Marriage Visa application a few days before the 1st July, cost was $6800.00 and would have been $10,400 after 1/7/2015.

I met another Aussie in the lift as we left vfs, when I told him the new price, he promptly went back up in the lift and we saw him an hour or so later at Police Headquarters while we were getting Police clearances. He was fast tracking to get in before the price rise.
    Police clearances have been done, medical checks completed. 4 months have passed and it could be up to another 8 months we have to wait.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Cadet silver
    thanks Changone, thanks for posting that.. Yes, lodged June 2015. I'm glad someone is on the ball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast