• 2 Post By Changone
  • 2 Post By Oldmanemu
  • 1 Post By Changone
  • 1 Post By Oldmanemu
  • 1 Post By Oldmanemu

Thread: Nine months and Three Weeks

Cadet silver

Nine months and Three Weeks

The long wait has ended. My tg, Ann and her two children, received their Prospective Marriage visa today.
    I wasted no time booking their flights from Chiang Mai to Sydney on the 17th June with AirAsia ($1100.00 aud for the three of them.) After a week in Sydney, visiting my elderly mum and perhaps a visit to the snow we will head home to Perth.
    So much to do now and I'm sure there will be some stories come to ligh.
    For now I'm so happy and looking forward to the future.
    Quarky, Sydney, PeteGill and 6 others like this.

Congratulations!
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Excellent News .... happy for you both that the wait is over.

I first brought Mrs M here on a Prospective Marriage visa ....nearly 11 years ago now ... still have not forgotten the waiting waiting waiting for it to be granted.

Interesting times ahead .... Keep the updates coming ...
    Life is the unexpected ...

Cadet silver
    Thanks guys. The hardest thing about waiting was that there are no updates on the vfs website as to the progress of the application. At least it there was an update on the progress stage by stage it would be comforting to know it was progressing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanemu View Post
    Thanks guys. The hardest thing about waiting was that there are no updates on the vfs website as to the progress of the application. At least it there was an update on the progress stage by stage it would be comforting to know it was progressing.
    Congratulations!!!

What date did you lodge Oldman? They seem to process in month blocks..assume June. And location?

We lodged late June in BKK.
    Last edited by Nomad; 20th April 2016 at 23:47.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Great news
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Congrats mate, that is really good news for you and Ann.... would love to hear about how the children adapt to Aus, if you get the time to tell us some stories
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Congratulations to you both ! The adventure starts in earnest now !
    !qq!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Congratulations OME, it is almost six years to the day for us since we got that PMV letter.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Great news OME...................enjoy the holiday in Sydney
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Excellent News .... happy for you both that the wait is over.

I first brought Mrs M here on a Prospective Marriage visa ....nearly 11 years ago now ... still have not forgotten the waiting waiting waiting for it to be granted.

Interesting times ahead .... Keep the updates coming ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Congratulations OME, it is almost six years to the day for us since we got that PMV letter.
    You would almost be considering trading in by now right ? ...55555 i kid JK daily that she is getting old now (30) and that i need to trade her in for something younger !!
    Minder and Changone like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Really Sydney, I'll have you know I still take "Fatherly advice" from mr M in all things TG related as he is the senior man here....555
    Mrs C is more inclined to use the term "Recycle" instead of "Trade in" as she knows the market far better than I do...555
    Sydney and Minder like this.

Cadet silver
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Congratulations!!!

What date did you lodge Oldman? They seem to process in month blocks..assume June. And location?

We lodged late June in BKK.
    We lodged the application on the 27th June just before the 1JULY 50% price increase. Went to the vfs office in bkk. We got an email about 2 weeks later for Ann and the kids togo for a medical and about a month after that a request for my original Police Clearance. After that the silence was deafening.

I've decided now to meet them in KL then fly with them to Sydney, just in case something goes wrong.
    I think I'll have to ask Airasia to put a boxtrailer on the back of the aircraft for their possessions!
    Changone and Nomad like this.

^Well done OME. Is this their first time flying out of Thailand?
    I am sure they will be relieved that you are with them for this trip. It's what I did.
    Now about that trailer...5555
    quiksilva likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanemu View Post
    We lodged the application on the 27th June just before the 1JULY 50% price increase. Went to the vfs office in bkk. We got an email about 2 weeks later for Ann and the kids togo for a medical and about a month after that a request for my original Police Clearance. After that the silence was deafening.

I've decided now to meet them in KL then fly with them to Sydney, just in case something goes wrong.
    I think I'll have to ask Airasia to put a boxtrailer on the back of the aircraft for their possessions!
    Cheers OME. What date was the request for your partner's police check, and then lodgement?
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Congrats mate, our visa took a year. I feel your pain with the waiting time but its all worth it in the end.

Cadet silver
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Cheers OME. What date was the request for your partner's police check, and then lodgement?
    The request was for my original AFP clearance. I lodged a certified copy with our application. They requested my original in early November. We did Ann's thai Police clearance on the day we lodged her application at VFS.
    Nomad likes this.

Cadet silver
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    ^Well done OME. Is this their first time flying out of Thailand?
    I am sure they will be relieved that you are with them for this trip. It's what I did.
    Now about that trailer...5555
    The kids have been to Perth once and Ann has been here twice. When the kids came I told them I would give them 10 baht for every motorcycl.e they saw in the first two days, their faces lit up but soon changed when they realised how few motorbikes we have here compared to Chiang Mai.

It's only been two days since the visa was approved but Ann has already sold off some off an old metal desk and a concrete outdoor settings and started sorting through clothing. The most expensive thing to sell will be her Nissan sedan which is about 15 years old.
    Changone likes this.