Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Chiang Mai Immigration survey and editorial

Chiang Mai Immigration survey and editorial

Interesting to note the scope of CMImmi operations includes all northern provinces and farangs include many Filipino workers in Phitsanoluk ... new one on me!

Guardians of our Gates

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Lots of old folk in CM 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Is that why I don't fit in..... 55

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post

6% tourists doesnt seem right ?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    6% tourists doesnt seem right ?
    6% of respondents.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    .............. 6% would just be us lot
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 4th October 2016 at 20:12.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    .............. 6% would just be us lot
    ... or just Rivo? 55
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    When answering the 2nd question that excludes a 90 day check in. How long does the 90 day check in take when worst time spent is 36% for 6-10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    When answering the 2nd question that excludes a 90 day check in. How long does the 90 day check in take when worst time spent is 36% for 6-10 hours.
    If one does not use online or mail option the usual time taken for 90 day check-in varies according to whom you speak. Some ppl go early am and wait for hours whereas a pm attendance takes ~15/20 minutes. Personally I have never had a problem with CNX Immi and find the Promenada office is now working quite efficiently. If there's a queue and you're in a hurry one can use the fast-track systems (agents).

I hadn't done a 90 day for over a year and with the Immi website hacked I went to Prom and was all done in 13 minutes. Opening of new regional offices is easing the burden and no pm queues reported last few weeks.
    Cheers, Rob.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    How much were you fined for "no 90 day reports for 1 year"?

And if there are no afternoon queues why do they stop issuing extension tickets at 10am as many others report?
    From all accounts CM Immi flat out sucks.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    How much were you fined for "no 90 day reports for 1 year"?

And if there are no afternoon queues why do they stop issuing extension tickets at 10am as many others report?
    From all accounts CM Immi flat out sucks.
    No fine. Multiple re-entries last 15 months.

Extensions are a separate matter. During peak months retiree visa holders arrive at crazy times (~3am) to queue. Better off using a queue agent @ 300/500 baht if DIY extension or just fast track (agent) @ 3,000 baht.
    Cheers, Rob.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    No fine. Multiple re-entries last 15 months.

Extensions are a separate matter. During peak months retiree visa holders arrive at crazy times (~3am) to queue. Better off using a queue agent @ 300/500 baht if DIY extension or just fast track (agent) @ 3,000 baht.
    Id pay the money.....no brainer

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Id pay the money.....no brainer
    Exactly. Too many carry on as if they have a 'right' to expedient service when in reality they're cheap charlies.
    Cheers, Rob.

Exactly. Too many carry on as if they have a 'right' to expedient service when in reality they're cheap charlies.
    I resent that slur KR.
    A properly prepared extendee should be able to receive a reasonable level of service.

This is a chicken/egg situation.
    Immi goes slow - forces those who choose to pay to go to Agents which are paying bungs to the IOs and/or are owned by the IOs) so IMMI goes slower to make more money (personally).
    The more people complain , the slower they go.

Having said that, if CM was the only choice and I couldn't afford a trip back to OZ for an OA visa (which gives up to 2 years of avoidance of IMMI) - I'd pay an Agent too.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Once I finally discovered where the immigration office was, and got there in the afternoon, it went quite quickly. I tend to believe Zablive's explanation, though. Nobody should be forced to pay more going through a private agent.

However, it is quite obvious to me that the present administration do not want farang tourists in Thailand. They don't even want farang expats in Thailand... no matter how much they contribute to the country.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I resent that slur KR.
    A properly prepared extendee should be able to receive a reasonable level of service.

This is a chicken/egg situation.
    Immi goes slow - forces those who choose to pay to go to Agents which are paying bungs to the IOs and/or are owned by the IOs) so IMMI goes slower to make more money (personally).
    The more people complain , the slower they go.

Having said that, if CM was the only choice and I couldn't afford a trip back to OZ for an OA visa (which gives up to 2 years of avoidance of IMMI) - I'd pay an Agent too.
    That's a perfect post

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Once I finally discovered where the immigration office was, and got there in the afternoon, it went quite quickly. I tend to believe Zablive's explanation, though. Nobody should be forced to pay more going through a private agent.

However, it is quite obvious to me that the present administration do not want farang tourists in Thailand. They don't even want farang expats in Thailand... no matter how much they contribute to the country.
    I disagree with the final conclusion.
    If you are a genuine tourist with the proper visa it is not complicated.
    They just are clamping down on people trying to stay long term and/or work on tourist visas (or visa exempt entries).
    This has been a real rort in the past and now you have increasing numbers of digital nomads and online poker players wanting to live and work here without the proper visa and work permit.

Isaan is full of long-term over-stayers who think they shouldn't have the Rules apply to them, just because they've got a Thai wife and/or knocked out a kid or two, spending their meagre pensions "benefiting Thailand" 555!
    This behaviour makes it harder for legitimate expats everytime one is caught and deported.

I've being coming to Thailand for over 10 years now and I have never visited or stayed without the appropriate Visa.
    Sure, things change but this is Thailand where nothing is constant - except change.

I disagree with the final conclusion.
    If you are a genuine tourist with the proper visa it is not complicated.
    They just are clamping down on people trying to stay long term and/or work on tourist visas (or visa exempt entries).
    This has been a real rort in the past and now you have increasing numbers of digital nomads and online poker players wanting to live and work here without the proper visa and work permit.

Isaan is full of long-term over-stayers who think they shouldn't have the Rules apply to them, just because they've got a Thai wife and/or knocked out a kid or two, spending their meagre pensions "benefiting Thailand" 555!
    This behaviour makes it harder for legitimate expats everytime one is caught and deported.

I've being coming to Thailand for over 10 years now and I have never visited or stayed without the appropriate Visa.
    Sure, things change but this is Thailand where nothing is constant - except change.
    I agree with all of that AND it is Chiang Mai I/O who don't seem to like the geriatric cheap charlies ... can hardly blame them when you read and hear the constant whinging and a small minority become even more vocal with complaints aired in the national press. Those of us who bring large amounts of $'s in and are not a burden on Thai society, nor whinge about things, are welcomed with open arms ... actively sought after.
    Cheers, Rob.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I agree with all of that AND it is Chiang Mai I/O who don't seem to like the geriatric cheap charlies ... can hardly blame them when you read and hear the constant whinging and a small minority become even more vocal with complaints aired in the national press. Those of us who bring large amounts of $'s in and are not a burden on Thai society, nor whinge about things, are welcomed with open arms ... actively sought after.
    I guess the 350,000 baht I leave behind in Thailand for 5 month of the year doesn't amount to much in their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I guess the 350,000 baht I leave behind in Thailand for 5 month of the year doesn't amount to much in their eyes.
    It's around the minimum required for a long-term expat to stay here, if not married to a Thai (65k/mth)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast