• 3 Post By kaptainrob
  • 1 Post By Cuzzy
  • 1 Post By Sydney
  • 1 Post By Zablive
  • 1 Post By Cuzzy
  • 2 Post By Quarky

Thread: New Zealand REALME and online Visitor Visa applications

New Zealand REALME and online Visitor Visa applications

Kiwi's may apply for many Government services, from anywhere in the World, including Passport renewal, Visa's for family/spouse etc ONLINE provided one has acquired a REALME identity. You can even open a bank a/c!

The REALME ID application can be lodged online but must be completed in person at a New Zealand Post Office.

https://www.realme.govt.nz/

Immigration online services may then be accessed using a RealMe ID a/c. I completed Jo's NZ Visitor Visa online in October and it was easy as except for photo upload (8 attempts before the system accepted), and all one does thereafter is post the Passport to BKK for inserting the Visa stamp. Hopefully in future the stamp will be all electronic like with Australia.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas

One nice surprise was instead of a one year multi-entry Visitor Visa, Jo got 2 years.
    wabbits, Quarky and TLandHim like this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    I used this when doing my last passport. I had to do an emergency application before I left due to the fact that numb nuts didn't check his passport validity in advance.

The online application process was easy enough although it took only two attempts with the photos.

There was a problem with the verification code part. After multiple attempts I phoned and the chap on the other end did it for me.

We have started Au's next visa application with Realme so hopefully it might ease the process for her.
    kaptainrob likes this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    yeah i used REALME for my last passport renewel ... didn't have to go to a NZ post office but as i was here in Sydney ...

Can't remember all the details, but one thing i found strange was for my witness i couldn't use a family member ...wtf ? ... could drag any kiwi i could find off the street to say they knew me for the last 12 months .... but what, they don't trust my own blood to go as witness for me, does anyone know the logic behind this ?
    Cuzzy likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    yeah i used REALME for my last passport renewel ... didn't have to go to a NZ post office but as i was here in Sydney ...

Can't remember all the details, but one thing i found strange was for my witness i couldn't use a family member ...wtf ? ... could drag any kiwi i could find off the street to say they knew me for the last 12 months .... but what, they don't trust my own blood to go as witness for me, does anyone know the logic behind this ?
    Common practice for legal documents ---- Wills etc.
    Quarky likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    It does seem odd but I guess the logic is... well I can't actually 555.
    Sydney likes this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

I guess family members are more prone to fraud... 55

Like signatures for a mortgage... witnesses can't be family... I blame the Mafia...
    Sydney and Cuzzy like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team