Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 160
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: What to watch out for

  1. #21
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,978
    no disrespect to the OP but I would have no desire to bring someone half way across the world to live with me for 3 months if I didn't really know, trust and understand them...that would be like a nightmare to me
    Ian Forbes and billpay like this.

  2. #22
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    74
    Wow, first opportunity I've had to check out the thread and it's gone gangbusters
    Thanks for all the input guys much appreciated!!

    Given your concerns for my concerns, I think it's best to put all cards on the table here and throw you a huge curve ball in the process.
    I'm kind of banking on the fact that all you guys are pretty open minded on here so please don't judge too harshly...

    So here goes:
    I've been to Thailand many times and had lots of fun in bars and go-go's all the time.... (here comes) together with the Mrs...
    This last visit however, there was a girl that connected so well with my wife that we decided to barfine for the first time. Initially we just thought about having fun in a club (which we did.... to the point of almost getting kicked out of Illuzion as my wife and her were taking it a step too far in there already ) but we ultimately ended up back at the hotel and had some even better fun there.

    We barfined her for the next 3 days and found out we also liked just hanging out with her and she didn't seem to mind either. I'm certain that would've been influenced by the fact that we were paying for everything, but still, I think it may have been a bit more than that (or is that just what all farang tell themselves? ) At any rate is was great seeing the look of horror on the women's faces at the hotel and the subdued jealousy from their husbands (who of course sided with their wives on how disgraceful it all was).

    So that brings us to our predicament for today. We have another holiday planned for September (Hawai) which I will have a hard time changing my wife's mind on as she has been looking forward to that for quite some time. The only other holiday we have left would be end of year, but then the weather is great here anyway so why fly out again right?
    At the same time, we didn't want it to be a year before we were able to hook up with our TG again and we were sure she wouldn't mind coming over here for an all expenses paid holiday (which would still work out cheaper than us flying out there) and we kind of want her to have this experience too as she's never been here. When we've talked about coming to Australia, given that we're a couple, she knows that she's not here to try and get a partner visa so she's clear on the fact that this will be nothing more than a holiday to her.
    The problem of course is: how well can you know anyone in just 3 days time and determine what her intent is for coming over?
    We've been staying connected on Whatsapp and we've been very open and honest to each other. She has not asked for money once even though she did hint at two situations that would've made it easy for us to say "you know what, we'll send you some money" but she has never taken it the wrong way when we didn't offer anything (even though it was hard to resist the urge to do so!).
    We know she has a boyfriend (who lives in Malaysia) and 2 kids and she's been telling the truth about where she and her family is from. She's also explained that she has worked as GRO in Malaysia so it's not like she's being very secretive or pretending to be new to the business. Still, to take the next step and invite her over is somewhat scary in the sense that I don't know what type of scams are out there...

    Anyway, one of the things that I wasn't aware of was the fact that we needed to have pictures of me/us together with her... I doubt there's many that we made over the course of three days that are going to be of help to a Visa submission
    In case you guys haven't tuned out completely at this point thinking that I'm the worlds biggest douche: is it really a hard requirement to have those pics or can I just fall back on ChangOne's list that does not contain that?
    Plenty of questions remaining now, but I've typed enough and maybe it's better to see how you guys react to this anyways
    Bacon likes this.

  3. #23
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
    Wow, first opportunity I've had to check out the thread and it's gone gangbusters
    Thanks for all the input guys much appreciated!!

    Given your concerns for my concerns, I think it's best to put all cards on the table here and throw you a huge curve ball in the process.
    I'm kind of banking on the fact that all you guys are pretty open minded on here so please don't judge too harshly...

    So here goes:
    I've been to Thailand many times and had lots of fun in bars and go-go's all the time.... (here comes) together with the Mrs...
    This last visit however, there was a girl that connected so well with my wife that we decided to barfine for the first time. Initially we just thought about having fun in a club (which we did.... to the point of almost getting kicked out of Illuzion as my wife and her were taking it a step too far in there already ) but we ultimately ended up back at the hotel and had some even better fun there.

    We barfined her for the next 3 days and found out we also liked just hanging out with her and she didn't seem to mind either. I'm certain that would've been influenced by the fact that we were paying for everything, but still, I think it may have been a bit more than that (or is that just what all farang tell themselves? ) At any rate is was great seeing the look of horror on the women's faces at the hotel and the subdued jealousy from their husbands (who of course sided with their wives on how disgraceful it all was).

    So that brings us to our predicament for today. We have another holiday planned for September (Hawai) which I will have a hard time changing my wife's mind on as she has been looking forward to that for quite some time. The only other holiday we have left would be end of year, but then the weather is great here anyway so why fly out again right?
    At the same time, we didn't want it to be a year before we were able to hook up with our TG again and we were sure she wouldn't mind coming over here for an all expenses paid holiday (which would still work out cheaper than us flying out there) and we kind of want her to have this experience too as she's never been here. When we've talked about coming to Australia, given that we're a couple, she knows that she's not here to try and get a partner visa so she's clear on the fact that this will be nothing more than a holiday to her.
    The problem of course is: how well can you know anyone in just 3 days time and determine what her intent is for coming over?
    We've been staying connected on Whatsapp and we've been very open and honest to each other. She has not asked for money once even though she did hint at two situations that would've made it easy for us to say "you know what, we'll send you some money" but she has never taken it the wrong way when we didn't offer anything (even though it was hard to resist the urge to do so!).
    We know she has a boyfriend (who lives in Malaysia) and 2 kids and she's been telling the truth about where she and her family is from. She's also explained that she has worked as GRO in Malaysia so it's not like she's being very secretive or pretending to be new to the business. Still, to take the next step and invite her over is somewhat scary in the sense that I don't know what type of scams are out there...

    Anyway, one of the things that I wasn't aware of was the fact that we needed to have pictures of me/us together with her... I doubt there's many that we made over the course of three days that are going to be of help to a Visa submission
    In case you guys haven't tuned out completely at this point thinking that I'm the worlds biggest douche: is it really a hard requirement to have those pics or can I just fall back on ChangOne's list that does not contain that?
    Plenty of questions remaining now, but I've typed enough and maybe it's better to see how you guys react to this anyways
    555 you lucky bastard.

    And MarkTwoSix just got back from Hawaii if you have any questions.
    Scirocco likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  4. #24
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    777
    I think that now the fact that you are a couple has come out the situation will change, if not completely then very materially.

    I'm looking forward to following this thread!

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
    Hi guys, new to the forum and to the concept of bringing TG's over for a visit but have been reading a lot so thanks for the great info posted on here.
    Just something I quickly wanted to ask about and haven't read too much on:
    I was in Patong in April and met a great girl that I would want to bring to Australia on a tourist (600) visa for a couple of weeks. I'm just a bit cautious about getting scammed in the sense that I can foresee a lot of opportunity to lose money without the girl actually showing up... :s
    Have any of you been stood up or scammed into paying a visa and plane ticket without having anything to show for it?
    Any pointers you could give to reduce the risk to the minimum?

    Obviously I would be paying for the ticket in her name without giving her ability to change it, but, for example, one of the (maybe farfetched?) problems that I can see is that, because I would only bring her over at the end of the year for the Xmas holidays, she ends up meeting another Aussie in the meantime and just uses the ticket I buy to meet up with that guy instead of me

    While I'm at it, some other questions:
    - I read that there is an option to request the visa on her behalf, but given that she would need to travel to Bangkok for the biometrics, wouldn't it be easier to let her handle the entire thing? Problem with that would however be that I imagine I would have to pay her the visa cost upfront, which only introduces extra risk
    - I also read that it is best to supply statements of my income to warrant that I can cover her expenses while here. In itself not an issue, but I would just like to avoid her finding out about my income. Is this something that can be avoided or does she always have insight into the application regardless of which way it is done?
    - Finally, given that a letter from her employer is preferred, is it ok if this letter comes from the place she works as a BG? I would think this would only increase the chances of the visa getting rejected

    Thx very much in advance for any replies!
    Trying not to sound rude, but with this level of distrust you seem to have, are you sure you are right for each other and this is the best way forward at this moment? If you already have concerns about her scamming you or leaving you once she is in your country. I would maybe put things off for a bit until you are more sure about her.

    Maybe go back and visit her for a bit longer and get to know her and easy your concerns first.
    Last edited by phaisan; 23rd May 2017 at 17:46.

  6. #26
    Platinum billpay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    But he's talking a vacation not her to stay with him full time, which I would highly disagree with when not knowing the girl.

    Why does it matter if they spend 2 weeks together in Thailand or Australia?
    It's still time together...

    And I think guys would be better off, actually, if they could invite girls over for shorter periods than be forced to make a commitment to get her to come to their country

    So if he can get her over for a short visit, I see no harm in it
    So, short visit....just how long? I know that I have made this mistake in the US when I was ther.
    Met a girl from Kansas City in Vegas and we had a great night together. As soon as she got home she clled me and wanted to come stay and get a room the next weekend.
    I said sure. I was not even with her one night when I got tired of her. Made up some bs story about my ex coming back, and I hit the road.
    Probably a shitty thing to do, but I was not about to spend a whole weekend with her.

    Which brings us to your situation. What if she is there two days or a week and you find out that you just don't want to carry on with this relationship.
    What the?? she has nowhere to go and you my friend are stuck.
    If this happens in Thailand, you just say adios, and that's that.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    I hate being bipolar. It's awesome!

  7. #27
    Platinum billpay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    560
    Just read this page (hadn't before my previous post)

    This sheds a whole new light in the situation......and I would say your chances of getting her over there are close to zero. Sorry, sounds like it would have been a trip.
    I hate being bipolar. It's awesome!

  8. #28
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    Just read this page (hadn't before my previous post)

    This sheds a whole new light in the situation......and I would say your chances of getting her over there are close to zero. Sorry, sounds like it would have been a trip.
    What's making you say that so decisively? Ultimately a tourist visa is just that: a tourist visa. Don't mean this in a negative way but perhaps given the context of this forum there is a tendency to only view the visa request procedure in light of the whole relationship thing.
    But we're just having a friend over that happens to have less financial means than we do. If it were a partner visa then of course, it would be better if I was a single guy, but now I don't really see the relevance of whether a couple invites someone over or a single guy.
    If anything, we're even better in the sense that we have a double income no kids situation so I'm pretty sure that we'll be able to cover any additional expenses as opposed to being a single guy who has to pay his rent on his own and then has to cover her expenses too

    Btw, we would effectively be doing the tourist thing as we have plans to take her to see the Koala's and roo's here, take her up to Mornington and great ocean road etc...
    It's not like we are going to lock her up in a bedroom or something
    Doesn't even need to be about the physical side to the story at all as far as I'm concerned so why wouldn't we be allowed to have a friend over and vouch for her?
    Actually the best parts of the whole experience for me were twofold: watching my wife sleep curled up with another girl who was just as entangled and watching them skip down a busy walking street hand in hand...

    As far as not liking her anymore after 2 days goes: absolutely right, there is always that possibility. From the conversations my wife and I have over Whatsapp with her, it still meshes well so I'm not too concerned but worst case scenario is she spends 2-3 weeks sulking at our place while I still have my normal holiday with the Mrs. Not worse than having a kid at that point
    Granted we will have wasted the money at that point, but I don't think she would bother making the trip if that were the case
    Last edited by Scirocco; 23rd May 2017 at 18:50.

  9. #29
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    Just read this page (hadn't before my previous post)

    This sheds a whole new light in the situation......and I would say your chances of getting her over there are close to zero. Sorry, sounds like it would have been a trip.
    He's only chasing a tourist visa though. I have zero experience in this area but a short visit will hopefully not be that much of a pain.
    dave01 likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  10. #30
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,199
    My only concern would be how liable you are should she do a runner and incur costs.

  11. #31
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    74
    Just to address the 'concerns' I initially put forward more specifically: If I hadn't seen any of the boards or hadn't ready any of the stickman or other articles, I wouldn't have had a second thought about getting her over here. It's just that you read so many things about TG's being so good at what they do that you wonder whether she is one of those or one of the genuine ones.
    And yes, more time would have obviously helped to suss that out a bit more, but unfortunately I simply don't have that luxury right now.

    It's extremely rare to find a girl that is into a couple without upsetting the Mrs, let alone connecting so well, which is why I'm happy to role the dice on this. Even if it is all just GFE roleplay on her part, if it is she seems to excel at doing it which begs the question if it really matters at all to begin with.

    I just wanted to make sure (being the careful guy I am by nature) to check on a forum with a wealth of experience in TG's whether there were any existing scams that I should be aware of that I could see the warning signs for. You guys have seen and heard it all, so it just seems the logical thing to do to double check. For me it's less about my concerns then about making sure that I'm not missing the obvious. After all, isn't part of the reason for the forum to keep each other grounded when something seems to good to be true? That doesn't mean it's a bad thing perse, just means that it warrants a bit more careful investigation upfront. If I received a mail from a Nigerian prince and wasn't really versed in the whole internet thing and I didn't ask around whether this was all legit, I'd be in for nasty surprise

  12. #32
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
    What's making you say that so decisively? Ultimately a tourist visa is just that: a tourist visa. Don't mean this in a negative way but perhaps given the context of this forum there is a tendency to only view the visa request procedure in light of the whole relationship thing.
    But we're just having a friend over that happens to have less financial means than we do. If it were a partner visa then of course, it would be better if I was a single guy, but now I don't really see the relevance of whether a couple invites someone over or a single guy.
    If anything, we're even better in the sense that we have a double income no kids situation so I'm pretty sure that we'll be able to cover any additional expenses as opposed to being a single guy who has to pay his rent on his own and then has to cover her expenses too

    Btw, we would effectively be doing the tourist thing as we have plans to take her to see the Koala's and roo's here, take her up to Mornington and great ocean road etc...
    It's not like we are going to lock her up in a bedroom or something
    Doesn't even need to be about the physical side to the story at all as far as I'm concerned so why wouldn't we be allowed to have a friend over and vouch for her?
    Actually the best parts of the whole experience for me were twofold: watching my wife sleep curled up with another girl who was just as entangled and watching them skip down a busy walking street hand in hand...

    As far as not liking her anymore after 2 days goes: absolutely right, there is always that possibility. From the conversations my wife and I have over Whatsapp with her, it still meshes well so I'm not too concerned but worst case scenario is she spends 2-3 weeks sulking at our place while I still have my normal holiday with the Mrs. Not worse than having a kid at that point
    Granted we will have wasted the money at that point, but I don't think she would bother making the trip if that were the case

    I don't think your "Revelation" will make much difference.
    Photos of you together aren't mandatory. Like most things, you only include them if you think its going to help.
    She's a tourist, not a potential marriage prospect. Why should there even be a relationship?
    There must be plenty of people who have had Thai nationals over for a two week holiday.

    (What you do in your spare time is up to you....)
    Gazmac and Scirocco like this.

  13. #33
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    My only concern would be how liable you are should she do a runner and incur costs.
    Well maybe we do need to lock her into a bedroom then

    Yes it's a legitimate concern, but that applies just as much whether you're a couple or single.

  14. #34
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Now. Back to your original concerns.

    You don't know her very well, so the risk of sending visa money/airtickets to someone is entirely on you. Why not do it as late as possible to give you more time to get to know her background?
    She sounds like a seasoned traveller which may count against her in the visa issue area, so no visa, no further problems.
    If she gets the visa, buy her an open return ticket and if it doesn't work out at any time from arrival to departure over the two weeks, just pull the pin and drive her to the airport.

    I'm not aware of any BG scams that don't include sending money overseas to someone you don't know very well.
    Where else do you think the risk for you might be?

  15. #35
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    777
    Am I the only BM wanting to see a few pictures on this thread?
    PeteGill, Gazmac and OZZYGUY like this.

  16. #36
    Platinum billpay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    He's only chasing a tourist visa though. I have zero experience in this area but a short visit will hopefully not be that much of a pain.
    Unless a tourist visa is much, much easier than the US, I would say it is next to impossible.
    Immigration looks for a reason to come back to Thailand. Unless she has a sizable bank account or land in her name, or a terrific job waiting for her, or some other compelling reason, why should she go back to Thailand. And don't say her children because many tg's leave their children behind.

    Look, I hate to be Mr. Negative here, but I only see a long uphill battle.
    I hate being bipolar. It's awesome!

  17. #37
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Now. Back to your original concerns.

    You don't know her very well, so the risk of sending visa money/airtickets to someone is entirely on you. Why not do it as late as possible to give you more time to get to know her background?
    She sounds like a seasoned traveller which may count against her in the visa issue area, so no visa, no further problems.
    If she gets the visa, buy her an open return ticket and if it doesn't work out at any time from arrival to departure over the two weeks, just pull the pin and drive her to the airport.

    I'm not aware of any BG scams that don't include sending money overseas to someone you don't know very well.
    Where else do you think the risk for you might be?
    Hi Changone,

    really appreciate your input.
    Well the reason why we're looking into it right now is that we can keep an eye on plane tickets much earlier on which increases our chances of finding a good deal. Given your remark on seasoned travellers potentially being judged negatively on the visa front, the sooner we find that out the better it would be too because at least that allows us to change our plans if need be (although there will be little room for that anyway).

    In terms of risks, other than what you have already mentioned, maybe she has an Australian boyfriend that she hasn't told us about and plans to hook up with. If feel it unlikely at this point given how open she is to us. Because of the fact that she is communicating with the Mrs most, she has that whole 'sharing-between-women' experience going and is even sending pics of 'customers' that they gossip about.
    So be warned you might just be showing up on our Whatsapp sometime soon
    It's not something I really care to see being the guy in all this, but hey that's just the nature of the business and as long as I don't look into it too much I'm mostly fine with it.

    Haven't thought of any other scams, which is why I went looking for a forum to ask the question, but obviously regardless of the underlying reason (existing bf in Oz, looking for a new bf in Oz,...) there is always the chance that she would pull a runner. I think it doubtful however as she loves her kids too much and wouldn't want to leave them behind. Also if she really wanted to find an Aussie bf, she could easily do so from Patong and take it from there.
    Changone likes this.

  18. #38
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    Unless a tourist visa is much, much easier than the US, I would say it is next to impossible.
    Immigration looks for a reason to come back to Thailand. Unless she has a sizable bank account or land in her name, or a terrific job waiting for her, or some other compelling reason, why should she go back to Thailand. And don't say her children because many tg's leave their children behind.

    Look, I hate to be Mr. Negative here, but I only see a long uphill battle.

    Australia is not Trump-territory so even though we're big on quarantine, I think we're a bit more relaxed when it comes to these things especially when we're just talking tourist here

    I don't really see an uphill battle either: we submit and either get it or we don't. I'm not planning on fighting any outcome on this and will just have to work around it if we don't get it. That being said that doesn't mean I don't want to increase the likelihood of getting it across the line first time by doing my homework on it.

  19. #39
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    74
    Quick teaser
    I'll post more when I can anonymize a bit more...

    WhatsApp Image 2017-04-23 at 9.04.25 PM.jpg


    Damn this pic really comes out small.... is that always the case for direct upload?

  20. #40
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,861
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    But do you think in his situation she would get approved?
    Obviously I know fxuk all about Australia but I'd be shocked if she got approved given her lack of job, reason to go back to Thailand

    I think a good possibility Ao comes to Perth in March
    It will be interesting how they treat her application
    Ao will get approved easy and yell out if you need a Aust sponsor or a hand.



    As far as the OP girl goes I don't feel it will be a issue as long as he has all the correct docs and worded correctly.



    I'm not sure if the possessing time is still the same. I just did a family sponsored holiday visa took 6 weeks to approve. But Filipino not Thai, they are more shonky I guess.
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 23rd May 2017 at 21:41.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •