Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: What to watch out for

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    Which brings us to your situation. What if she is there two days or a week and you find out that you just don't want to carry on with this relationship.
    What the?? she has nowhere to go and you my friend are stuck.
    If this happens in Thailand, you just say adios, and that's that.
    This happened to the TG I brought to Aust. Easy fix, booked her a flight and took her to the airport. It may be a bit cold but life goes on.

What one is your wife........55
    Quarky likes this.

Cadet Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    What one is your wife........55
    5555... Trust me,blondie was not hired. Been together since we were 16
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Sciroco sorry if I missed it but where is this girl in Thailand?

Also I have met up with a few girls in the past in Bali for a few weeks. No visa needed and a cheap flight from Bangkok. Could be an option for you guys.

Cadet Bronze
    we met her in Patong
    Bali may be cheaper but it's times 3 for the ticks + accomodation.
    Getting her over here would only be 1000 bucks tops.... Not counting drinks in the club ofcourse
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
    we met her in Patong
    Bali may be cheaper but it's times 3 for the ticks + accomodation.
    Getting her over here would only be 1000 bucks tops.... Not counting drinks in the club ofcourse
    ....plus what $$$ you will give her for her time .... most BG still need an income even if it is a nice holiday ....
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Good luck Sirroco. For mine I think this game is best played at an away ground.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Quarky and obes like this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Cadet Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    ....plus what $$$ you will give her for her time .... most BG still need an income even if it is a nice holiday ....
    True but the same applies regardless of where you are.
    When we met she suggested 2000 for lt + 800 barfine.
    Halfway through the evening in the club I bumped it to 3000 just because I was having such a good time

For a holiday with lot less strenuous demands than her job I would however not be prepared to go as high especially since she's guara teed an income for 2-3weeks where I doubt we'll be having her danci g on our table every night

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    So, short visit....just how long? I know that I have made this mistake in the US when I was ther.
    Met a girl from Kansas City in Vegas and we had a great night together. As soon as she got home she clled me and wanted to come stay and get a room the next weekend.
    I said sure. I was not even with her one night when I got tired of her. Made up some bs story about my ex coming back, and I hit the road.
    Probably a shitty thing to do, but I was not about to spend a whole weekend with her.

Which brings us to your situation. What if she is there two days or a week and you find out that you just don't want to carry on with this relationship.
    What the?? she has nowhere to go and you my friend are stuck.
    If this happens in Thailand, you just say adios, and that's that.
    That is all pretty good points

Because I was basing it off doing it with girls from US

I agree with all that

What's making you say that so decisively? Ultimately a tourist visa is just that: a tourist visa. Don't mean this in a negative way but perhaps given the context of this forum there is a tendency to only view the visa request procedure in light of the whole relationship thing.
    But we're just having a friend over that happens to have less financial means than we do. If it were a partner visa then of course, it would be better if I was a single guy, but now I don't really see the relevance of whether a couple invites someone over or a single guy.
    If anything, we're even better in the sense that we have a double income no kids situation so I'm pretty sure that we'll be able to cover any additional expenses as opposed to being a single guy who has to pay his rent on his own and then has to cover her expenses too

Btw, we would effectively be doing the tourist thing as we have plans to take her to see the Koala's and roo's here, take her up to Mornington and great ocean road etc...
    It's not like we are going to lock her up in a bedroom or something
    Doesn't even need to be about the physical side to the story at all as far as I'm concerned so why wouldn't we be allowed to have a friend over and vouch for her?
    Actually the best parts of the whole experience for me were twofold: watching my wife sleep curled up with another girl who was just as entangled and watching them skip down a busy walking street hand in hand...

As far as not liking her anymore after 2 days goes: absolutely right, there is always that possibility. From the conversations my wife and I have over Whatsapp with her, it still meshes well so I'm not too concerned but worst case scenario is she spends 2-3 weeks sulking at our place while I still have my normal holiday with the Mrs. Not worse than having a kid at that point
    Granted we will have wasted the money at that point, but I don't think she would bother making the trip if that were the case
    I'm coming in March
    You guys can take me to see Koalas!!

I will need to see a pic of the wife 1st 555

Cadet Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I'm coming in March
    You guys can take me to see Koalas!!

I will need to see a pic of the wife 1st 555
    555 sorry mate, don't swing that way
    Always happy to keep adding women to the mix though
    Just not enough incentive for me to sponsor your visit with the koalas

555 sorry mate, don't swing that way
    Always happy to keep adding women to the mix though
    Just not enough incentive for me to sponsor your visit with the koalas
    For what's it Worth.....your wife has a great body and we would have had fun seeing the Koalas
    Your miss 5555

Whatever the outcome, I certainly can 't fault you for giving it a shot. 555555 I certainly would.
    I hate being bipolar. It's awesome!

If you go to Bangkok to do her visa the wife, you and your new play mate may want to check out some of the BDSM bars.

It isn't too serious but Barbar is a lot of fun.

Fetish club in Bangkok - BarBar Patpong Soi 2 - Bangkok Thailand - Mistress and BDSM Club

Halfway through the evening in the club I bumped it to 3000 just because I was having such a good time

For a holiday with lot less strenuous demands than her job I would however not be prepared to go as high especially since she's guaranteed an income for 2-3 weeks where I doubt we'll be having her dancing on our table every night
    True also but if I wanted to build a business case you are denying her ALL other income prospects for that time period - lady drinks, tips, the chance of landing a golden newbie etc - and anticipating her 24/7 availability - maybe she will be expecting double her normal rates ...

Also I don't expect her to share our logic that any "upfront costs" - visa, insurance, travel costs - and the fact that she gets a "free" trip to Australia are justification for reducing her "guaranteed income" - we are applying Western logic in doing so - I don't know the woman but TGs, money and what we see as "logical" don't tend to travel far together if at all in my experience.... 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I am not a very cautious person.... life is for living and all that...........

If this were me, I would arrange another visit to Thailand, and be sure in your own mind that this woman ticks all the boxes you guys are looking for. If she does, well great!!

Thais being Thais, will be able to come up with a way to satisfy officialdom, when it comes to a job to return to etc. I don't think that is a *huge* worry. You guys will have to sponsor her for sure. As said earlier a letter of invitation is a good thing... write stuff like you want to show the Aussie way of life to your friend, feed a kangaroo that sort of thing.. Even show her a mongrel bastard koala or 2 ( I hate the farkers, because the are endemic in my home town and are pr1cks of things in reality, sorry M26 55).

If it was me and my partner, and provided she has the resources, I would have my wife be the sponsor... just a thought. That's who's signature I would be putting on the paperwork. For the TG bank account, my experience was, we put some money in an account, photocopied the appropriate pages from the pass book, and bundled them up with my bank statements. When we went to VFS (the place you lodge the documents with in Thailand) the lady went thru all the documents and handed back HER bank book photocopies and said "not needed" and pointed to my statements, saying "enough".

Generally, obtaining a TV for a Thai to Oz, is pretty painless. Granted, the forms look daunting, but they aren't really. Just work methodically through them and you will be fine. Is there a VFS office in Patong? Those are the guys who handle the paperwork for the Oz Embassy. Many people will talk about an interview for the applicant, before a visa is granted, that may well happen, but has never been my experience.

I have found the whole process pretty easy and stress free.

The big one, and I think the only real concern, is that Immigration want an assurance that she will abide by the terms of the visa, and return home before the expiration of the visa.

Another thing, IMHO which is really important, and just my opinion, others will disagree... TRAVEL with your TG to OZ. It will make entering the country far easier. When you arrive, you and your TG both go to the foreign passport entry.. She is less likely to cop grief if there is an Aussie with her, and if she does, the Aussie will be able to understand what is going on and what is being said. The times I have done it this way, there has been zero issues and in the end a stamped passport for the TG, a smile and a "welcome to OZ and enjoy your holiday".
    Minder, Rivo and OZZYGUY like this.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar

For a holiday with lot less strenuous demands than her job I would however not be prepared to go as high especially since she's guara teed an income for 2-3weeks where I doubt we'll be having her danci g on our table every night
    The "going rate" for a BG used to be 30,000 baht per month - probably more now.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    The "going rate" for a BG used to be 30,000 baht per month - probably more now.
    ^That would be local though Baz, and wouldn't include gifts and gratuities along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post

The big one, and I think the only real concern, is that Immigration want an assurance that she will abide by the terms of the visa, and return home before the expiration of the visa.

Another thing, IMHO which is really important, and just my opinion, others will disagree... TRAVEL with your TG to OZ. It will make entering the country far easier. When you arrive, you and your TG both go to the foreign passport entry.. She is less likely to cop grief if there is an Aussie with her, and if she does, the Aussie will be able to understand what is going on and what is being said. The times I have done it this way, there has been zero issues and in the end a stamped passport for the TG, a smile and a "welcome to OZ and enjoy your holiday".
    Agree big time with the travel with her part, if she does not have a passport already she will be flying out of Phuket International with a fresh empty Thai passport .... an indication that she is a newbie ....so expect a "tea money" demand from the Thai immigration officer as has happened to both Mrs Gazmac and Mrs M in recent years ....

.....and unlike Dave I am the worrying type ..... so its easy for me to imagine my lone first time to Oz TG being pulled aside at Arrivals and her sitting in a room "explaining" how and why she is here .... next thing 60 Minutes are camped on my lawn and my former employer is on the News distancing themselves from me and my human trafficking for prostitution charges ... (...though if your wife's name on the Visa application Scirocco as Dave01 suggests you could "take the fifth" 555 ...)...

Yeah...as Mrs M often says I "think too much" ... 555

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast