Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: What to watch out for

Cadet Bronze

What to watch out for

Hi guys, new to the forum and to the concept of bringing TG's over for a visit but have been reading a lot so thanks for the great info posted on here.
    Just something I quickly wanted to ask about and haven't read too much on:
    I was in Patong in April and met a great girl that I would want to bring to Australia on a tourist (600) visa for a couple of weeks. I'm just a bit cautious about getting scammed in the sense that I can foresee a lot of opportunity to lose money without the girl actually showing up... :s
    Have any of you been stood up or scammed into paying a visa and plane ticket without having anything to show for it?
    Any pointers you could give to reduce the risk to the minimum?

Obviously I would be paying for the ticket in her name without giving her ability to change it, but, for example, one of the (maybe farfetched?) problems that I can see is that, because I would only bring her over at the end of the year for the Xmas holidays, she ends up meeting another Aussie in the meantime and just uses the ticket I buy to meet up with that guy instead of me

While I'm at it, some other questions:
    - I read that there is an option to request the visa on her behalf, but given that she would need to travel to Bangkok for the biometrics, wouldn't it be easier to let her handle the entire thing? Problem with that would however be that I imagine I would have to pay her the visa cost upfront, which only introduces extra risk
    - I also read that it is best to supply statements of my income to warrant that I can cover her expenses while here. In itself not an issue, but I would just like to avoid her finding out about my income. Is this something that can be avoided or does she always have insight into the application regardless of which way it is done?
    - Finally, given that a letter from her employer is preferred, is it ok if this letter comes from the place she works as a BG? I would think this would only increase the chances of the visa getting rejected

Thx very much in advance for any replies!
    Quarky likes this.

I would probably make sure the girl was really into me... and highly unlikely to want to be with someone else before making a commitment like that... like you would with any girl you met anywhere?

How many times have you seen her? Is it just the one time in April? I think they ask for that on the Visa application ie amount of time spent together with proof etc?

So maybe you have answered your own question? Until you are sure of her.. don't do it? Get to know her better first? Is there any need to rush?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I tend to agree with some of DP's points here ! I wouldn't rush into it ,especially as you dont want to bring her over until xmas anyway. The application generally only takes about 5 days for approval but they do say 10days.
    Personally , if you are that concerned , i would go over for 10 days before you want to bring her back , lodge the application yourself(that way you can hide your income from her ) and bring her back on the same plane with you . That way she can't change the date on plane ticket and go find someone else ! But have never heard of that happening . Yes have heard of it happening with a guy she has met whilst here after a few months , but not generally on a Tourist Visa !
    If you can get back there for a couple of days in between , would also be good as you need photos of the 2 of you together with time stamps on them .
    !qq!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums Scirocco.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
    Hi
    - Finally, given that a letter from her employer is preferred, is it ok if this letter comes from the place she works as a BG? I would think this would only increase the chances of the visa getting rejected
    depends if she works at the Liquor Box or Blow Job Bar , it's probably best avoided

WTTB , enjoy your time here
    Changone likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    I tend to agree with some of DP's points here ! I wouldn't rush into it ,especially as you dont want to bring her over until xmas anyway. The application generally only takes about 5 days for approval but they do say 10days.
    Personally , if you are that concerned , i would go over for 10 days before you want to bring her back , lodge the application yourself(that way you can hide your income from her ) and bring her back on the same plane with you . That way she can't change the date on plane ticket and go find someone else ! But have never heard of that happening . Yes have heard of it happening with a guy she has met whilst here after a few months , but not generally on a Tourist Visa !
    If you can get back there for a couple of days in between , would also be good as you need photos of the 2 of you together with time stamps on them .

Welcome Scirocco

What Gazmac said is very good advice and what I did many years ago.

In your letter about employment don't mention bar work.
    Any photos together don't have them in bars.
    If you do the visa while in Aust you can post the application with your bank statements to Bangkok not her.

And the most important thing you may not of thought of is get a copy of her passport sent to you............ Check it says "FEMALE"
    Quarky, Stillearly and TLandHim like this.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Welcome Scirocco

And the most important thing you may not of thought of is get a copy of her passport sent to you............ Check it says "FEMALE"

Is this from personal experience Ozzy ? 5555
    Changone, obes and OZZYGUY like this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    yes...he had a "cock-up" once before....
    Minder, Zablive and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I'm not Australian so don't know the ins and outs...

But I'd be shocked if the girl did a runner with someone else.

As for not knowing her long....if you don't mind the expense, I see nothing wrong with inviting her to come visit you
    That's called getting to know someone...

I'd give it a shot

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Well when I saw she had no titties I started to get frightened..........After awhile I just realise most Thais don't have titties boy or girl.........55
    Cuzzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I'm not Australian so don't know the ins and outs...

But I'd be shocked if the girl did a runner with someone else.

As for not knowing her long....if you don't mind the expense, I see nothing wrong with inviting her to come visit you
    That's called getting to know someone...

I'd give it a shot
    Completely disagree. Get to know her. YOU come to Thailand and spend time with her.
    Just the fact that you are asking, you are somewhat skeptical.

I have literally seen hundreds of very similar cases, where the guy falls for the very fist TG he clicks with. Take you time.
    I hate being bipolar. It's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    Completely disagree. Get to know her. YOU come to Thailand and spend time with her.
    Just the fact that you are asking, you are somewhat skeptical.

I have literally seen hundreds of very similar cases, where the guy falls for the very fist TG he clicks with. Take you time.
    But he's talking a vacation not her to stay with him full time, which I would highly disagree with when not knowing the girl.

Why does it matter if they spend 2 weeks together in Thailand or Australia?
    It's still time together...

And I think guys would be better off, actually, if they could invite girls over for shorter periods than be forced to make a commitment to get her to come to their country

So if he can get her over for a short visit, I see no harm in it
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 23rd May 2017 at 13:53.

Marc , to get a tourist visa for Australia , they want to see proof that you have known them for more than a 2 week holiday in Thailand !
    Is why i said to go back again before bringing her here ! Besides , as Billpay says , you should get to know her reasonably well before going to that step .
    He obviously has some concerns in the back of his head (which may turn out to be unfounded ) so he should make the next step going back to see her again and dispel any concerns he may have before booking a holiday for her.
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.
    !qq!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    Marc , to get a tourist visa for Australia , they want to see proof that you have known them for more than a 2 week holiday in Thailand !
    Is why i said to go back again before bringing her here ! Besides , as Billpay says , you should get to know her reasonably well before going to that step .
    He obviously has some concerns in the back of his head (which may turn out to be unfounded ) so he should make the next step going back to see her again and dispel any concerns he may have before booking a holiday for her.
    Regardless if he can actually get the visa

I just don't understand the difference between spending 2 weeks with her in Thailand or Australia
    Why does it matter where they actually spend the time if its only a holiday?

I've had girls come visit me that I was just getting to know them
    People do it all the time
    Changone and dave01 like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Regardless if he can actually get the visa

I just don't understand the difference between spending 2 weeks with her in Thailand or Australia
    Why does it matter where they actually spend the time if its only a holiday?

I've had girls come visit me that I was just getting to know them
    People do it all the time
    Dependency vs. independence..

Could be a nice social experience.. Fly to BKK without any ATM or credit card, let Ao pick you up and make all the decisions, pay for everything, etc.
    Curious how that would make you feel.. 555
    Zablive likes this.

I think it all depends on the individual people ! Some people just click and you just know . Some , it may take a little longer .
    No 1 statement will cover every situation , and main reason I'm saying what i have is that he seems to have some kind of concerns in his head , therefore i would recommend going back to spend some more time with her to reassure himself that he is comfortable with the relationship he has with her !
    If he didn't have these concerns , my response would have been totally different ! EG: matey go for it , have fun ! but bare in mind you need proof that you have known her for a while to please the Aust Govt. requirements for the Visa !
    Ian Forbes and dave01 like this.
    !qq!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    First of all Welcome to the board Scirocco......

I think we get ahead of ourselves a bit here.

To approve a tourist visa to Australia the Immigration want to know that she will:

1 : Return to Thailand at the end of the visa term
    2 : Have sufficient funds for the duration of her trip.

The ways they satisfy themselves is if she shows that she has:

1 : Regular employment in Thailand that she is on leave from.
    2 : Assets of her own in Thailand to return to.
    3 : Family and dependants living in Thailand to return to

Where a Thai has the support of a sponsor, they should provide

1 : A letter of invitation to visit Australia for a holiday.
    2 : Proof of either regular employment or bank account savings
    3 : Proof of accommodation for the duration of the stay

Like M26 says, it is a simple tourist visa. It is not that complicated, and happens all the time.

That being said, it can be daunting when new to you.

Good luck!

Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    First of all Welcome to the board Scirocco......

I think we get ahead of ourselves a bit here.

To approve a tourist visa to Australia the Immigration want to know that she will:

1 : Return to Thailand at the end of the visa term
    2 : Have sufficient funds for the duration of her trip.

The ways they satisfy themselves is if she shows that she has:

1 : Regular employment in Thailand that she is on leave from.
    2 : Assets of her own in Thailand to return to.
    3 : Family and dependants living in Thailand to return to

Where a Thai has the support of a sponsor, they should provide

1 : A letter of invitation to visit Australia for a holiday.
    2 : Proof of either regular employment or bank account savings
    3 : Proof of accommodation for the duration of the stay

Like M26 says, it is a simple tourist visa. It is not that complicated, and happens all the time.

That being said, it can be daunting when new to you.

Good luck!

But do you think in his situation she would get approved?
    Obviously I know fxuk all about Australia but I'd be shocked if she got approved given her lack of job, reason to go back to Thailand

I think a good possibility Ao comes to Perth in March
    It will be interesting how they treat her application
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Oooops.... I forgot to ask....
    Does she have a Thai passport already? (Extra cost).

But do you think in his situation she would get approved?
    Obviously I know fxuk all about Australia but I'd be shocked if she got approved given her lack of job, reason to go back to Thailand

I think a good possibility Ao comes to Perth in March
    It will be interesting how they treat her application
    Well SE said sometimes a BG job is better left out...but if she owns land, bank account, has kids there these are all good reasons to return.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast