The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Today's "crackdown" - overstayers

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    Things aren't as black and white as you state, granted I didn't tell you all the facts.

Gaining proper residence isn't easy, especially for someone who only finished primary school and doesn't understand the system or the language (and listens to NZ Thai's to much), the lady in question has been controlled and abused (physically) by her NZ husband for the last 10+ years because he knew she couldn't (or more accurately wouldn't) go to the police.

Going to the police/immigration would mean being deported with the possibility of never seeing her kids again.

It took her a long time to convince her and for her get the courage to go to them for help.

Yes they deported her, but because she came forward, was upfront and honest about everything, paid for her return fare to Thailand, (all things most people wouldn't understand that are important) they didn't ban her from applying for a valid visa and returning.

She understands she did the wrong thing, but dug a whole so deep she didn't know how to get out.
    It's not like I don't feel for her

But you have to have strict immigration rules or people will abuse the system
    They do anyway and I know a lot of Thais that do so in Canada

My wife and I are immigrants to Canada, she has a 10yr visa to the US
    And we are diligent in following the procedures

And as I said......when people don't, it makes it that much harder for others in the future
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    It's not like I don't feel for her

But you have to have strict immigration rules or people will abuse the system
    They do anyway and I know a lot of Thais that do so in Canada

My wife and I are immigrants to Canada, she has a 10yr visa to the US
    And we are diligent in following the procedures

And as I said......when people don't, it makes it that much harder for others in the future
    What pisses off a LOT of Canadians is the male cue jumpers who have an entirely different "agenda" on their mind when coming to Canada as so called "refugees". Many are Islamic bandits who have no intention of following Canadian rules, laws or traditions.
    Tingtong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    What pisses off a LOT of Canadians is the male cue jumpers who have an entirely different "agenda" on their mind when coming to Canada as so called "refugees". Many are Islamic bandits who have no intention of following Canadian rules, laws or traditions.
    Yeah because we have such a problem with that in Canada

It's almost non-existent

I think you make this shit up in your head just like you rail against bringing a Thai girl you hardly know to Canada......even though you never actually tried
    You just like to bitch about the system Forbes 5555

My wife is in the system in Canada and US
    I am in the system in Canada
    There is a process and it works and once passed it provides you with so much more than you or I would ever receive in many other countries in Asia
    Distantpeak likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    They should have stuck a Kiwi up her.
    Probably had one up her a few times in 22 years 555.

983 foreigners busted for overstays in 3 days - Pattaya Mail
    Tingtong likes this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Hatari's Avatar
    Chanthaburi yesterday .... checks on all foreigners in the gem market area

We will be geared to the average rather than the exceptional

Yeah because we have such a problem with that in Canada

It's almost non-existent

I think you make this shit up in your head just like you rail against bringing a Thai girl you hardly know to Canada......even though you never actually tried
    You just like to bitch about the system Forbes 5555

My wife is in the system in Canada and US
    I am in the system in Canada
    There is a process and it works and once passed it provides you with so much more than you or I would ever receive in many other countries in Asia
    You don't know sweet fuck all about what I've tried to do. Paul. I have looked into the costs of trying to bring a relatively poor Asian woman into Canada for a simple holiday. It's bloody near impossible

You are married. That is entirely different. If I married some woman in a foreign country then that is an entirely different process. I have no intention of ever getting married again. What I own will be passed on to my heirs and not some woman I might only have known for a year or two. I went down that road... twice... and I know the risks. They are not great. 50% of most marriages end in divorce. I won't even play cards for those percentages.

I'm personally not worried about anything, so don't make up words about what I said.
    What pisses off a LOT of Canadians
    That is not me. I didn't mention myself in that quote. However, the news is full of it and there are protests everywhere.

I'm not scared of anything, or I wouldn't ride a motorbike in Asia. I don't give a fuck if drug runner gangs are busy shooting each other in Surrey, or elsewhere. I'm not scared of a few thousand radical Islamic weirdos living in Canada. I don't interact with them.

You don't know sweet fuck all about what I've tried to do. Paul. I have looked into the costs of trying to bring a relatively poor Asian woman into Canada for a simple holiday. It's bloody near impossible

You are married. That is entirely different. If I married some woman in a foreign country then that is an entirely different process. I have no intention of ever getting married again. What I own will be passed on to my heirs and not some woman I might only have known for a year or two. I went down that road... twice... and I know the risks. They are not great. 50% of most marriages end in divorce. I won't even play cards for those percentages.

I'm personally not worried about anything, so don't make up words about what I said. That is not me. I didn't mention myself in that quote. However, the news is full of it and there are protests everywhere.

I'm not scared of anything, or I wouldn't ride a motorbike in Asia. I don't give a fuck if drug runner gangs are busy shooting each other in Surrey, or elsewhere. I'm not scared of a few thousand radical Islamic weirdos living in Canada. I don't interact with them.
    Did you have the girl apply for a visa?
    If you didn't than stop talking like you know how the process is

As I said, you just like to bitch and moan about a process you have never attempted

And again.....show me that horrible Islamic issue we have in Canada

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    tourist visas seem to be relatively easy to get for TG's.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

I like the fact that she can apply for immigration through normal channels, and is likely to get it considering the circumstances. Staying in abusive relationship was just not a wise decision.
    100% agree, but a hard step to take.

I don't disagree but many people don't have your knowledge or understanding of the system to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    Probably had one up her a few times in 22 years 555.

983 foreigners busted for overstays in 3 days - Pattaya Mail
    Actual no she hadn't only even had Thai born partners (NZ citizens), she wishes now that she had as they may have helped her fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    They should have stuck a Kiwi up her.
    Her kids are NZ citizens, due to the fathers (Thai) being NZ citizens, although I believe the first child was due to being born in NZ but the law change in the 90's, Although the father has become a citizen since anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    tourist visas seem to be relatively easy to get for TG's.
    Thai's use to get 90 days on arrive I believe with no visa.

Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    Thai's use to get 90 days on arrive I believe with no visa.
    Thailand is unfortunately no longer on the Visa Waiver list.

The application process is easy enough if visiting for 6 months or less. However, this changes significantly for longer stays with full medical and x-rays required.

When the applicant is an attractive early 30yo female as in Au's case, there can be a lengthy interview at immigration on arrival. On her last visit she was questioned for 2.5hrs. Quite traumatic for her.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    Chanthaburi yesterday .... checks on all foreigners in the gem market area

Quite a few dailies in that crowd...

^^ wasn't supposed to say dailies 555 Auto correct

Another crackdown

From TV

A new report has ranked Thailand as having the world’s deadliest roads.

The report, released by the World Atlas website, says there is more chance of people being killed on Thailand’s road than on the roads in places like Malawi, Iran, Rwanda and Lesotho.

According to the report, Thailand ranks in first place with an average of 36.2 deaths per 100,000 population, ahead of Malawi in 2nd place (35.0) and Liberia in 3rd (33.7).

I glanced at

Highest Rates Of Highway Accident Deaths In The World - WorldAtlas.com

but it seems a little contradictory and not supportive of the statement other than noting the obvious ignoring of basic safety by individuals, DUI and corruption. There may be a link to evidence on their site but I can't be fagged looking for it. At the bottom of the page it states the page was last updated April 25th 2017.
    Anyway, this is stuff we are all aware of so it's not new.

There is a huge complacency in LOS regarding driving / vehicular safety and that is partly rooted in their religious beliefs. That is my opinion..

From my perspective, safety education needs to start before the first time a child is put in a vehicle. Sadly this is often ignored. Road safety needs to be approached from different directions at the same time. Education on television, in the schools, at checkpoints on the road as well as enforcement of the laws already in place with panalties that actually have a punitive impact on individuals and organisations.

Thailand should look to investigating how other countries manage road safety and apply some of that to suit their own environment but I guess that is unlikely considering their history in infrastructure, law enforcement and social behaviours.

Sadly, a lot more people will die soon because the administration of what is in reality a third world country believes they know best.
    Last edited by Cuzzy; 12th December 2017 at 19:28.

And then their are people like us who do this...

From another topic

And then their are people like us who do this...
    And teenage girls can't get pregnant from fucking, either. It is just some mysterious act of fate and the great Buddha. Nothing to do with personal life style choices. 555

^^ wasn't supposed to say dailies 555 Auto correct

~
    Sadly, a lot more people will die soon because the administration of what is in reality a third world country believes they know best.
    Tch tch Cuz ... Thailand is certainly NOT a 3rd World country. Google the cliche and see what it really means (or once meant).
    Last time I went out I saw roads, electric poles, hospitals, schools and even modern cars ... 55

Thai road carnage is very high although stats published by various media often fail to discern between motorbike and other vehicular deaths. The education process is happening, albeit too slowly, and Thailand lags ~ 40 odd years behind the West. Unfortunately for Thai's, modern engine technology = higher speeds, compared to when I was running around NZ helmetless, 1st on a 50cc DKW, later on a Norton Dominator, or doing 100mph past Meremere in my worked Mini 1000. Far less traffic too!
    Cuzzy likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

^^ yes I was being facetious.

I call them plastic buddhists as well although that is in comparison to my friends from Bhutan.

Long gone, and rightfully so, are the days of riding helmetless. When on my first bike, a Honda 125, I remember the breeze through my hair. It wasn't long after I first started riding helmets became mandatory. Sh1t that was in 1971. Had a mini also 555. We could do Bucklands Beach to North Head in Devonport in about 40 minutes. Not a chance now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast