The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 1 Post By Sydney
  • 1 Post By Arliss Michaels
  • 1 Post By Rivo

Thread: 309 Visa Question

  1. #1
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth/Chiang Rai
    Posts
    6,675

    309 Visa Question

    I am helping a mate go through the 309/100 Visa paperwork and we disagree on one question, he thinks that now he is married (only 3 x weeks) that he does not need to show the 12 months living together scenario, I say he will still need to address that question.


    Anyone know which one of us is right ?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    5,688
    You are correct Gav, got a friend with same issue at the moment and they have been asked to provide living together supporting evidence. They dont have it but been together a few years.

    I did talk with your buddy a few weeks ago about doing a student visa then convert it to a 820. Nar can then stay in Perth. Call me if you need too.
    Rivo likes this.

  3. #3
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,043
    Tell him not to be lazy .. 555

    1st rule when applying for visas, give them more than they ask for

    Or you run the risk of being delayed, when the case officer has to put your application in the " not complete basket" and contact you with a "please send us this or that "

    Anytime you get that type of reply, the delay can mean months before the case officer picks up your application again

    2nd rule of visa applications, don't upset your case officers day with insufficient documentation, by creating more work for your case officer, ie having to send you a reply about insufficient documentation ...5555
    Last edited by Sydney; 19th December 2017 at 17:45.
    wabbits likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  4. #4
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Tell him not to be lazy .. 555

    1st rule when applying for visas, give them more than they ask for

    Or you run the risk of being delayed, when the case officer has to put your application in the " not complete basket" and contact you with a "please send us this or that "

    Anytime you get that type of reply, the delay can mean months before the case officer picks up your application again

    2nd rule of visa applications, don't upset your case officers day with insufficient documentation, by creating more work for your case officer, ie having to send you a reply about insufficient documentation ...5555
    Or you could get a lazy case officer who you need to kick up the arse because they ask for documentation that you provided 9 months earlier.

    I waited one day after the "supposed" up to 12 months to process and gave it to them with double barrels and CC to two members of parliament.

    The office of one pollie contacted me direct about a week later, but I said no need to follow up thanks at this stage as Immi had rang me 2 days after E-mail very apologetic and looking into why not finalised in time frame.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Sydney likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    I am helping a mate go through the 309/100 Visa paperwork and we disagree on one question, he thinks that now he is married (only 3 x weeks) that he does not need to show the 12 months living together scenario, I say he will still need to address that question.


    Anyone know which one of us is right ?
    Technically he is right and if wanted to push would succeed. But may have to push it to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal which has a current wait time of 1725 days. So in the words of a song "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em"

  6. #6
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth , Australia
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,373
    Mate of a mate is going for a spouse visa for his TG.... anyone heard of this sort of request being made?

    They want her 18 y/o daughter to have a medical now. Even though she is not part of the visa application. They have not replied or even acknowledged my E mails about this. Just have to smile and jump through their hoops
    Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe...

  7. #7
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth/Chiang Rai
    Posts
    6,675
    Yep that's normal Minder


    Both Paers kids had to aswell and they were not part of her Visa.
    Minder likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  8. #8
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth , Australia
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Yep that's normal Minder


    Both Paers kids had to aswell and they were not part of her Visa.
    Thanks Rivo, what's the logic behind it? What are they looking for?

    (Yeah, I just asked if a Government Department has a reason for creating paperwork )
    Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •