Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Things that you missed doing your Thai visa

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Things that you missed doing your Thai visa

When i did Tourist visa's for Mrs W things went smooth thanks to good advise from Condo.
    Spouse/partner visa a few things we did not know slowed us up.
    Thought i would list them and i can imagine there are a few things that others got stuck on.

One was Mrs W has a kid we needed to get a medical check for her also even though she was not part of the visa.

A marriage certificate was not enough you must get the registration of marriage certificate.

And even though i gave a large number of photos of me and mrs W and family it was not enough so i say over kill on this point.

Also you need to show a long and very frequent phone record.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    We forgot Thips birth certificate!

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    We forgot Thips birth certificate!
    We spent 2 days getting that 2 of her sisters to say they knew her....

Thats a bugger that one mate.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Although i had read Condo's advice several times to type out the visa in adobe acrobat writer and the save the file for the next visa ( fiance to partner) i still forgot to rip off acrobat standard from somewhere and just ended up typing it in acrobat reader but then couldn't save it. So now in a few months i am going to have to type it all out again !!! dohhhhhhhhhhhh
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Although i had read Condo's advice several times to type out the visa in adobe acrobat writer and the save the file for the next visa ( fiance to partner) i still forgot to rip off acrobat standard from somewhere and just ended up typing it in acrobat reader but then couldn't save it. So now in a few months i am going to have to type it all out again !!! dohhhhhhhhhhhh

Did you at least photocopy everything?

If you have a Apple Mac you can make changes and save using preview.

Nings Temporary Partner Visa expires on the 25th June. About two months ago I received another lot of paperwork to complete and send back for the Final time, I hope? Anyway I was going through the checklist yesterday and noted that it said I had a maximum of 60 days to complete and return. If it was not received within the 60 days a decision would be made for us without knowing any of the details. I posted the forms off yesterday and have a funny feeling that it's been over 60 days The paperwork has been lying around and I just couldnt be bothered. I hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the bum

I also dont think it says anything in the checklist for the FV/PV about providing two 888 Stat Decs including a signed copy's of their Passports.

^ I think you are right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    ^ I think you are right about that.
    Yep I am, I just checked the checklist and could find nothing relating to 2 x 888 forms

Oooops wrong I just found it 55555 http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/_pdf...-checklist.pdf

cruising1
    come on condo even i knew that 55555555555555

Quote Originally Posted by cruising1 View Post
    come on condo even i knew that 55555555555555
    It wasnt in the checklist when I did mine. I was told by a board member from another forum, who got approved in only 5 weeks for his FV. If he didnt tell me mine would have taken a lot longer