Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Maybe I'll barfine the first BG I see....

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

Maybe I'll barfine the first BG I see....

As a traditional Aussie guy I like my beer and the odd night out drinking it with a mate or two..

When in Bangkok, my usual bar crawl area is Soi Cowboy.

I usually manage to get there once or even twice during any week or so in town -depending who else is around.

Invariably the girls can tell you are there to drink, look and move on to the next bar and behave accordingly.

However a decent bar crawl can see you visiting say 10 bars and buying at least one lady drink at each (actual reality is more like none at the first 5, one at bar 6 to 8 and several at bars 9 to "where am I"....).

Based on years of testing I have concluded it might be a cheaper night out to barfine a girl from bar one or two and simply take her with me on the crawl.

My thinking is I'd find the right girl, explain that she gets a barfine, a night "off" from dancing and her tip is whatever is left of the, say, 1500 or so baht that I'd normally spend on lady drinks and tips that she does not spend on the crawl on her own food, drinks and LDs for her "sisters".

Does this sound like a plan? If so I'll move to the beta-testing stage next month...

(Time flies alright and when calculating how long ago my first visit to Cowboy, I realised my 10 year anniversary will be next month - August 2001 till now......yeah, it will be a big night out !!!)

Enjoy.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    As a traditional Aussie guy I like my beer and the odd night out drinking it with a mate or two..

When in Bangkok, my usual bar crawl area is Soi Cowboy.

I usually manage to get there once or even twice during any week or so in town -depending who else is around.

Invariably the girls can tell you are there to drink, look and move on to the next bar and behave accordingly.

However a decent bar crawl can see you visiting say 10 bars and buying at least one lady drink at each (actual reality is more like none at the first 5, one at bar 6 to 8 and several at bars 9 to "where am I"....).

Based on years of testing I have concluded it might be a cheaper night out to barfine a girl from bar one or two and simply take her with me on the crawl.

My thinking is I'd find the right girl, explain that she gets a barfine, a night "off" from dancing and her tip is whatever is left of the, say, 1500 or so baht that I'd normally spend on lady drinks and tips that she does not spend on the crawl on her own food, drinks and LDs for her "sisters".

Does this sound like a plan? If so I'll move to the beta-testing stage next month...

(Time flies alright and when calculating how long ago my first visit to Cowboy, I realised my 10 year anniversary will be next month - August 2001 till now......yeah, it will be a big night out !!!)

Enjoy.
    Can anyone tell me..What is he talking about???

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post

Well.....don't look at me !! ..:---------

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Abbott and Costello!!! 555

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Errrrrrr prey confusion reigns......or---------55555

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Yes Mrs M, your husband just explained to us that next time he is in Bangkok he will go to Cowboy for a couple of drinks and he wants you to go shopping for a longtime, dont forget the creditcard 555
    wabbits, jontymate and bobless like this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Dao hates the bar scene and drinking in general. Every time I want to go out for a night I do bar fine a sister. It is win win. She gets a night off working and I get a cheap night out. Dao is assured I only go for the looking.
    Last edited by jontymate; 5th July 2011 at 09:28.

The bar fine is usually between 300-500 Baht.
    You would be surprised what the girl doing the work actual gets after everyone gets there cut.
    The Bar
    Mammasan
    tea money
    The taxi driver or tour guide
    The girls that drag you in
    the list goes on.
    There was a time in my life when I would spill more than this on a good night out.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Mrs M I think he is talking about doing some field testing in Soi Cowboy on his next trip to Thailand, but only on a strictly scientific basis, so that he can collate his research and publish the results as a warning to others.................(;-)

Course if he was just doing it to get his jollies then...
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    that is a very good theory, I like the idea of it all. I hope you have a good 10 year party to celebrate 555
    jontymate likes this.

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    Maybe Minder forget Mrs M is also a forum member. 55555
    jontymate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    The bar fine is usually between 300-500 Baht.
    You would be surprised what the girl doing the work actual gets after everyone gets there cut.
    The Bar
    Mammasan
    tea money
    The taxi driver or tour guide
    The girls that drag you in
    the list goes on.
    There was a time in my life when I would spill more than this on a good night out.
    Exactly my thoughts and experience - the hired company I am looking for won't be leaving the Soi with me - and they can usually pick that in under a minute.

(Current record holder being a little cute 20 year old from Angelwitch Pattaya who literally sat down next to me, asked my name and then stated simply "You have Thai wife!" - 15 seconds flat - I s h i t you not! *Cha Ching*)

Years ago I had a "friend" who worked as a BG in Pattaya - her name was "Rai" and she called me Papa - I would find her at her latest employment, barfine her and then she'd be my tour guide to various bars around the place - end of the night we'd both be fairly drunk and at least a 1,000 baht better off.

Remembering that experience, I was thinking taking a girl with me to the next bar stops me from having to buy any lady drinks or go thru any "just looking, not want lady" dialogues.

And since she thinks any drinks she buys will be making her final payment smaller - well, lets just say she won't be near as thirsty as she was in her own bar!

I mean, Option A for the bar girl is a few hundred baht cash in hand, a feed of some sort as I always get peckish during a good bar crawl and one less barfine she has to get for the month. Throw in she gets to go home around midnight (or start freelancing early if she wants to.) and I am probably the best offer she will get that night.

Option B is keep dancing/working at the bar and hope to score something better on a quiet night in the middle of low season.

I have done something similar more than once in recent trips to Cowboy - I have just not gone that extra step of taking her walkabout in the Soi (I have "barfined" the girl/woman I was talking to more than once as I got sick of her jumping up to dance every 20 minutes and I have returned to the same bar later in the bar crawl to see the same girl I was talking to earlier).

I guess this behaviour may seem strange to some BMs even on here - but reality is I like my nights out in Cowboy - especially if I am there with a mate or meeting a BM or two - add that my mongering days are over (which as I said the BGs can see in two seconds anyway) and I don't see any harm in it - a boys night out, now and then.

Some of Mrs M's friends think she is unwise to let me go wandering a bar area "alone" and tell her they would never let their "fans" do that (and knowing some of these guys I think her friends are correct to feel that way - I just wish they would stop measuring me with the same slide-rule!)

So anybody going to be in Bangkok around August 12th or 13th ??

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Minder; 8th July 2011 at 20:31.
    G4orce and Rivo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Maybe Minder forget Mrs M is also a forum member. 55555
    Please..... I had to beg her for ages to get on this.....(;-)

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Exactly my thoughts and experience - the hired company I am looking for won't be leaving the Soi with me - and they can usually pick that in under a minute.

(Current record holder being a little cute 20 year old from Angelwitch Pattaya who literally sat down next to me, asked my name and then stated simply "You have Thai wife!" - 15 seconds flat - I s h i t you not! *Cha Ching*)

Years ago I had a "friend" who worked as a BG in Pattaya - her name was "Rai" and she called me Papa - I would find her at her latest employment, barfine her and then she'd be my tour guide to various bars around the place - end of the night we'd both be fairly drunk and at least a 1,000 baht better off.

Remembering that experience, I was thinking taking a girl with me to the next bar stops me from having to buy any lady drinks or go thru any "just looking, not want lady" dialogues.

And since she thinks any drinks she buys will be making her final payment smaller - well, lets just say she won't be near as thirsty as she was in her own bar!

I mean, Option A for the bar girl is a few hundred baht cash in hand, a feed of some sort as I always get peckish during a good bar crawl and one less barfine she has to get for the month. Throw in she gets to go home around midnight (or start freelancing early if she wants to.) and I am probably the best offer she will get that night.

Option B is keep dancing/working at the bar and hope to score something better on a quiet night in the middle of low season.

I have done something similar more than once in recent trips to Cowboy - I have just not gone that extra step of taking her walkabout in the Soi (I have "barfined" the girl/woman I was talking to more than once as I got sick of her jumping up to dance every 20 minutes and I have returned to the same bar later in the bar crawl to see the same girl I was talking to earlier).

I guess this behaviour may seem strange to some BMs even on here - but reality is I like my nights out in Cowboy - especially if I am there with a mate or meeting a BM or two - add that my mongering days are over (which as I said the BGs can see in two seconds anyway) and I don't see any harm in it - a boys night out, now and then.

Some of Mrs M's friends think she is unwise to let me go wandering a bar area "alone" and tell her they would never let their "fans" do that (and knowing some of these guys I think her friends are correct to feel that way - I just they would stop measuring me with the same slide-rule!)

So anybody going to be in Bangkok around August 12th or 13th ??

Enjoy.
    Minder,
    The reason you can do this, is twofold. Firstly, your wife knows you, and trust's you. Secondly, you know yourself, that you won't cheat.

She doesn't wish to go to the pool of flesh, that Cowboy, or Nana is, but she feels good enough about herself, and your relationship, that it is like watching the football on TV. She is happy to let you go do it.
    Mrs M. and Annie like this.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Sounds like a great plan, Minder. Mrs M is a very trusting lady, but I am sure she knows you well enough to know will stay true to your word. Seems like a win-win for the BG you barfine as a tour guide as well! 555
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Using western thinking this sounds like a good idea, but given what little of know of Thai thinking, I would have thought it a bad idea given the importance of "face" for Thai people. Am I missing something?
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    Using western thinking this sounds like a good idea, but given what little of know of Thai thinking, I would have thought it a bad idea given the importance of "face" for Thai people. Am I missing something?
    I have a good idea of the responce i would get.......................Did i put all the knives away????

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I have a good idea of the responce i would get.......................Did i put all the knives away????
    So I am missing something...the knife under the pillow (ala fatal attraction)!
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I'm obviously not man enough.... I'd be to scared to even ask if I could go to Soi Cowboy on my own!!555

Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    I do no get total freedom of choice. As a male it is accepted that I have roving eye. I am usually "Guided" in my choice who I will spend that time with. A trusted friend. A "Sister". There has only ever been 1 sister that broke the rules which was conveyed straight back. Bangkok gobbled her up shortly after.

I am even "Guided" for how much to pay and tip by my lovely saying to me. "She work hard and still good girl not seen family for long time".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast