Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By G4orce

Thread: Shots Fired in Patong

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Shots Fired in Patong

And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Sounds like they did dent the vehicle...a bit over A$30 sounds pretty good to me.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

A 500 metre fare would've been 200 or more!...555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I generally refuse to use a Tuk Tuk because of their scams but I guess this is one that even a tuk tuk hated can be done by. I guess a little knowledge of what they are like helps as well. Personally if i was in theat situation i was have given him some cash but would have bartered it 555

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I generally refuse to use a Tuk Tuk because of their scams but I guess this is one that even a tuk tuk hated can be done by. I guess a little knowledge of what they are like helps as well. Personally if i was in theat situation i was have given him some cash but would have bartered it 555
    What services would you have offered for your side of the barter G4orce...555
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    What services would you have offered for your side of the barter G4orce...555
    That I will not sit on him 5555
    justcruzing1 and jontymate like this.

MojitoZ
    tuk tuks must be made weak if they can be damaged by walking into them! although i guess some of those dutch guys are pretty big

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    tuk tuks must be made weak if they can be damaged by walking into them! although i guess some of those dutch guys are pretty big
    Tuk tuks have been known to just fall apart when a farang looks at one.55555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    That I will not sit on him 5555
    G4 have you ever read a book called "There A wierd Mob" if not find a copy somewhere, written by Nino Calloto??

Story of a big Itilian who comes to Sydney. In a fight he just "Dong them on the head and they sleep" or "hug them till they sleep" and "Just sit on them".

There is a series of books, and they made a movie of it as well.

"That's the worst insult ya can give a man"...aussie classic

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    "That's the worst insult ya can give a man"...aussie classic

Well done C1 finding that. The only thing is he is tall and skinny, in the origional books, and with the drawings, he is massive, 6'6'' and 2 pick handles accross both his sholders and belly.

I think from memory, there were 5 or 6 books, that cronicaled his life in Aust. I know one was called "Gone Fishing". They were all good reads and told the life story of many imigrants in those days, real basic Aussie culture, being taught, and outside culture being learnt, and assimilated.

In the clip he goes to the Marble Bar in Sydney, it was beneath the Hilton, when they redeveloped the site, it was deemed a national treasure, and had to be cut up and stored, then rebuilt in the new building.

4 years later, there was only 25% of it left. It is still there today in a smaller scale.
    Last edited by justcruzing1; 8th August 2011 at 18:49.