Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bawdy

Thread: Tawandang das ist german beer actung!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Tawandang das ist german beer actung!

I had many friends who talked about Tawandang German Brewery in Bangkok, they told me it was a great get together and catered to Farang but mainly middle class Thai's. A German beer hall you would expect beer to be on the menu and of coarse you would not be wrong. 3 styles offered larger, Weisen and dankel, light, medium and heavy. All fantastic.Now they come in these long clear vertical tubes. Way cool.

Now that is the drink taken care of, what about food? No problems, The best ever pork knuckle, crackling Chili sauce They have a full menu of thailand cuisine all of a high standard. When ever i mention to MrsW that we go there she jumps at the opportunity as she knows how good it is. We never seem to go without a large group which is fine the perfect place. They have a show every night with some famous acts on certain nights.
    Mostly sung acted in Thai but still entertaining as hell and the really good beer seems to break down language barriers, well it seemed to.Things that stood out Beer, food for sure but the high level of service fantastic and never a long wait for your food and your glass will never empty! Please test this theory. 555

There are 2 locations in Bangkok i have only been to the one on Rama III.

Branch 1 Address: 462/61 Rama 3 Rd., Yannawa, Bangkok 10120 Thailand
    Call: 02 678-1114-6
    Branch 2 Address: 51/199-200 Moo 1 Khwaeng Ladprao, Khet Ladprao, Bangkok 10230 Thailand
    Call: 02 944 5131-2

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    do they have ice in the beer?........ cant have a beer without ice in LOS! 555

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    do they have ice in the beer?........ cant have a beer without ice in LOS! 555
    Could not drink it there without the beer mugs are to big.
    Funny you tell people about that here am they look like you just killed a kitten.5555

What are prices like, Scott?
    Beer sounds great but Jo is not a drinker, unless it's a nice dry red!
    The pork knuckle's got me! Will make a note of the place and check it out .... 9 days and counting down ...
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

If your staying Sukumvit area 15-20 min in a taxi to rama III.
    From memory i think it was about 250 bt a letre for about 10 of us with no thought of budget about 2000bt eating and drinking what you want. (hazy i tend to be drunk when i leave might have been a touch less)
    Have to say it is just excellent and is the only place i make sure to go back to in BKK for a feed + night out.
    Is great value when i think about some of those fish resturants in Pattaya on the water side of Walking street 1500 bt for 2 people and no better and in most cases worse than market food.
    web.jpg

Thanks Scott, it may an idea to invite Jo's sister and her friends along, they enjoy a night out.... lol. Yes we're staying in the Suk, nice quiet boutique hotel @ Bt1200 a night... I'll write it up after the event.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Thanks Scott, it may an idea to invite Jo's sister and her friends along, they enjoy a night out.... lol. Yes we're staying in the Suk, nice quiet boutique hotel @ Bt1200 a night... I'll write it up after the event.
    Cool its a place where i think its better to be a group.
    Interested t hear about any hotels and where people like.

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    I take it that this is not the same place I have read about on other forums ie...German Beer Garden near Sukumvit Rd ?

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I take it that this is not the same place I have read about on other forums ie...German Beer Garden near Sukumvit Rd ?
    No there are a few german beer halls slash garden. Well worth it and always busy which adds to the experience.
    Taxi drivers will know where Tawandang is 100bt taxi fare from Sukumvit area and when you leave there is always a line up of taxi's.

Foot note: After there we had a habit of heading to Soi 13 for one of the street bar carts for Mai tai's seemed the thing todo full of beer.5555

Cadet
    The Ram Intra branch (Ladprao) seems to have the biggest names although it is a bit out of the way if you are central Bangkok. Mixed sausage platter goes down great with the beer

Seem to make a great fuss of farang, helping to find good seats and Thai regulars do all they can to include you in the fun. No problems at all with getting a Taxi at the end of the night, just ask the guys out front and they will ensure you can get a Taxi by meter.

Carabao, Parn and Sek Loso are regulars

Aad Crabao

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    There is also a large Isaan Beer Hall in Surin called Taren Daeng, I believe it may be a franchise with a few different places in Isaan now.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Scored myself a mates apartment that happens to be right across the road.... might have to check out what all the fuss is about!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    There is also a large Isaan Beer Hall in Surin called Taren Daeng, I believe it may be a franchise with a few different places in Isaan now.
    Some pics inside Taren Daeng in Surin;

DSCF0581.jpgDSCF0582.jpg

Bawdy ---------
    Last edited by Bawdy; 2nd April 2013 at 13:46.
    wabbits likes this.