Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What's the attraction?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

What's the attraction?

During the last trip to LOS I went wandering thru the bars of Pattaya, CM and Soi Cowboy several times.

Mostly this was to meet someone for a drink in what are err.. pleasant surroundings.
    Most of the time I was home early enough - once or thrice I was out a bit later than I'd indicated I might be ...

Mrs M does her best to accept that this is something I do, have always done and will probably continue to do when holidaying in LOS...

...as over a decade of wandering thru Soi Cowboy has not erased my interest in the place, I've had good nights there, so-so nights and a few great nights ...

Yet, given that most of those nights are basically the same thing - she did ask a question that has got me thinking about why I still do the same thing each time ...

"Why Aren't you bored with it yet?"

What is it about us men that we never get bored with looking at young semi-naked women whilst we drink alcohol?

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I will be seeing all the main "Areas of interest" this trip as I have during all the others.
    Start as you mean to continue and you can't go wrong.
    Oh and when will I become bored with it...? About the same time the Mrs becomes bored with shopping for handbags, clothes and shoes...5555
    Minder, Arliss Michaels and Gazmac like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I`ve kinda reverted to what i use to do back home for a good night out these days....watch some footy,MotoGP,car racing,live music and restaurants with some mates and a few beers.
    Occasionally end up at a beer bar or a gogo which can range from downright boring to ok as i`m really over the interview thing and LD requests from the girls..yawn!
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    I`ve kinda reverted to what i use to do back home for a good night out these days....watch some footy,MotoGP,car racing,live music and restaurants with some mates and a few beers.
    Occasionally end up at a beer bar or a gogo which can range from downright boring to ok as i`m really over the interview thing and LD requests from the girls..yawn!
    +1 . In Patong like Bars such as the Dolphin Bar, and in BKK Bar 4 , as you can have a drink and a chat without interruption. If you want to play the game you can if you want to. Know the girls are making a living, but if the attention becomes over the top, off to another bar we will go.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

I never get tired of looking at temples....
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    During the last trip to LOS I went wandering thru the bars of Pattaya, CM and Soi Cowboy several times.

Mostly this was to meet someone for a drink in what are err.. pleasant surroundings.
    Most of the time I was home early enough - once or thrice I was out a bit later than I'd indicated I might be ...

Mrs M does her best to accept that this is something I do, have always done and will probably continue to do when holidaying in LOS...

...as over a decade of wandering thru Soi Cowboy has not erased my interest in the place, I've had good nights there, so-so nights and a few great nights ...

Yet, given that most of those nights are basically the same thing - she did ask a question that has got me thinking about why I still do the same thing each time ...

"Why Aren't you bored with it yet?"

What is it about us men that we never get bored with looking at young semi-naked women whilst we drink alcohol?

Enjoy...
    Different perspective. For you minder because I know you like to think about movies.

I say to you. Every time you save a lamb. Think about it. Tell me if I get it very wrong.

^I don't think Minder goes there thinking he will save any lambs... it's more a primeval call of the wild...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I never get tired of looking at temples....
    I generally will have a quick look at the temples, before moving down to the more interesting bits about 18 inches below 555

I do find that the bars and girls, whilst still an attraction to me. They are only a part of the package that is LOS that I enjoy.
    I just enjoy the different lifestyle and all that goes with it whilst I am over. Food, scenery heat and general buzz all do it for me.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    its nice to have the fanny there in the background.....and works as a coversational lubricant when you are out getting lubricated with yer mates...but I'd be a much happier camper if someone would turn that fkn music down or at least play a song i hadn't heard 10 times that fkn night

What is it with loud music? Is it because most Thais are hard of hearing?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    What is it with loud music? Is it because most Thais are hard of hearing?
    It does not seem to bother them at all...you would think they would play a bit more farang friendly music...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    I think it was Kiss a-gogo on Soi LK Metro in Pattaya - my friend and his mate called it the Epileptic Bar - five minutes in the place and you knew why - loud techno music and flashing strobe lights - if I had tried to design a place that would drive customers away I could not have done it better. Yet go a few doors down to say, Lady Love, on the same Soi and the adjusted combination of music, girls and grog creates a place you don't want to leave...

enjoy...
    Last edited by Minder; 26th January 2013 at 07:51.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    What is not to like? I know some guys say they get bored at go-go's, but I can never see that happening. It is like DP's pics thread ... how can you ever get bored at that? The drinks are a bit overpriced, the music can sometimes be a bit loud, but I find it far more fun then sitting on a stool in a regular bar playing Connect 4.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

^See... I much prefer sitting at a bar playing connect 4.... 555. I want to talk to the girls. Get some chemistry going. GoGos are fine.. but other than Angelwitch or Long Gun which have "performances" I get bored pretty quick watching girls doing vague impersonations of dancers...

^See... I much prefer sitting at a bar playing connect 4.... 555. I want to talk to the girls. Get some chemistry going. GoGos are fine.. but other than Angelwitch or Long Gun which have "performances" I get bored pretty quick watching girls doing vague impersonations of dancers...
    I agree. It's too uncomfortable sitting in a GoGo while the girls are grinding on a pole trying to make eye contact with you. Especially if you are not interested in a particular one but she won't give up. I don't mind going for a look for an hour or 2 but I just get bored any longer than that.
    Quarky and Mick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post
    I agree. It's too uncomfortable sitting in a GoGo while the girls are grinding on a pole trying to make eye contact with you. Especially if you are not interested in a particular one but she won't give up. I don't mind going for a look for an hour or 2 but I just get bored any longer than that.
    An hour or two.....? Last time i poked my head in an agogo joint I didn't even make a minute or two, but each to their own.

Time was when chrome pole palaces were a bit of fascination and fantasy, but even then it was just a beer, seldom two. I much prefer quieter places where I can indulge in a little more social intercourse.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    A little more social intercourse ?? Hmmmmm , sounds like that resort that got busted in Patts for holding swingers parties ! 5555
    Sorry Mick i couldn't resist !

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Social Intercourse in Patts Bar beer...
    Her :"Hallo welcome...where you from? You first time....how long you stay Pattaya...? You buy dlink me?
    Him : "How much for short time?".
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

My father once told me - "son I might be married to your mother but it doesn't stop me from window shopping" - a phrase I have never forgotten and a good one to live by I think ....5555
    All who wander are not lost

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Or....you can get your appetite anywhere but always eat at home.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast