Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another new member seeking advice.....

svs
    Cadet

Another new member seeking advice.....

Hey everyone.

Just thought I would say a quick hello, as I have been lurking about reading the forums. I am heading to Phuket for the first time for a stag weekend (actually four days) in the middle of June, and I am just trying to get some ideas on what we can do - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Firstly welcome to the board svs.

I take it you are going to Patong.

Tell us a bit like where you are staying, how many and a rough age group.

You will find it's an adult Disneyland, and as your only there 4 days, you need to research as much as possible before you go.

OK, first thing to know about is scam's. DON'T, repeat, DON'T hire a jet ski. It could cost you as much as $6,000

The taxi's and tuck tuck's are run by the mafia, so no matter how much you feel you have been fleeced, pay and smile or you could finish up not coming home.

You need to check if your accommodation is lady friendly that is to say if they are going to charge you extra if you bring a girl back to your room, and if so how much.

If you don't ride a motor bike at home, don't hire one there. You need years of experience to survive.

Don't drink the tap water. and only allow the ice in any drink to be the cylinder type.

Before I go wasting time telling you what you already know, best you let us know what you have learnt and what your looking for from the trip. Is it to be a mongering one or a pure, see the tourist sites one.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Yep , more info needed before any really useful advice can be offered.

Cadet Bronze
    Welcome to the board read as many past post on here as you have time .

svs
    Cadet
    Thanks for the replies (and for the tip about avoiding the jet skis, this sounds like something we would have probably done otherwise).

After reading other people's posts, we have decided to stay in a Villa as near to patong as possible (expense allowing). There will be eight of us going, all around 28 to 30 (a mix of British and Australian).

We plan on doing the typical stag weekend stuff while we are over there (so a mixture of mongering and tourist)- already getting a few ideas for bars (suzy wongs has been recommended). As we have never been there before, we wil prob head to Bangla Road and take it from there.

I am also looking at places for a game of golf - Red Mountain or Blue Canyon look the best that I have been ale to find.

Trying to find something to do for the groom to be as well - have found this, but not sure that he will enjoy it (he is also scared of heights).

Phuket Stag Party Labyboy Tandem Bungee | Ludih

WTTB mate ask away, we will be more then happy to help out
    Last edited by josho; 19th May 2013 at 13:06.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    you might want to pm chob...he will be able to help with the stag night...will be good to have a local on the ground "smooth" the way 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by svs View Post
    Thanks for the replies (and for the tip about avoiding the jet skis, this sounds like something we would have probably done otherwise).

After reading other people's posts, we have decided to stay in a Villa as near to patong as possible (expense allowing). There will be eight of us going, all around 28 to 30 (a mix of British and Australian). Have you not booked yet? Best get looking, your in a good position as it will be quiet season so should be some deals going. On accomodation, there are 8 of you and your talking a Villa, everyone needs to have their own room, check if there are motel rooms on discount at an acceptable price, you should get a very good deal booking 8 at a time.

We plan on doing the typical stag weekend stuff while we are over there (so a mixture of mongering and tourist)- already getting a few ideas for bars (suzy wongs has been recommended). As we have never been there before, we wil prob head to Bangla Road and take it from there.
    Yes Bangla is the centrepoint and will open your eye's quickly. 55

I am also looking at places for a game of golf - Red Mountain or Blue Canyon look the best that I have been ale to find.

You are going 1/2 way around the world to stay 4 days, it is the middle of their hot season, and by hot I am saying twice the heat and humidity of Darwin in summer. You can play golf anytime at home. Remember, you are going to be out party time till 4-5am you will be drinking and would dehydrate on the golf course very quickly.
    The normal Newbie sleeps all of the day and becomes alive again around 3-4pm.

Trying to find something to do for the groom to be as well - have found this, but not sure that he will enjoy it (he is also scared of heights).

Last edited by justcruzing1; 19th May 2013 at 15:41.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Welcome to the board.

Try not to make too many prior plans. Maybe have an idea of what you might wanna do, then just go with the flow. I'm sure you'll find you'll most likely be too hangover during the days to do much except lay around, enjoy good restaurants and relax.

4 days will go by in a blink of an eye. My advise to you would be to save as much energy as possible during the day. Fun starts in Patong when the sun goes down.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by svs View Post

Like any activities involving you/your mates and Ladyboys, always check to make sure the rubber is in good condition and fitted correctly.

Have a great trip svs.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    You have to drop by 'Yes', the best GoGo in town, you will never be the same again 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Was that the best go-go you were alluding to in the other thread? 555

Last edited by Quarky; 20th May 2013 at 04:23. Reason: fixed spoiler ;-)
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

^ Truly a life changing experience 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Certainly can't beat live street performing, 555
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    Was that the best go-go you were alluding to in the other thread? 555

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHlPK6PiVnA[/video]"

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

^ Jing jing!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    You busterds...that's going to haunt my dreams now...555
    Tandem Ladyboy bungee jumping sounds like it could be a good fit for the stag...
    A four day trip? No need for a hotel room, you won't be sleeping anytime soon..
    Yes, get a local who knows the ropes and Chob is your man, there ain't much he hasn't guided a bunch of expat stag partygoers through, all the basic food groups (Booze girls and partying) and safety tips are covered with your wingman not on the p***
    You may even get into Hollywood disco if you don't sass the 6'3" Russian doorman.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    so I guess bawdy will now get the rep of being c0ckstruck.....555

^ Alot of those guys are bigger than me too!!!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    You busterds...that's going to haunt my dreams now...555
    Tandem Ladyboy bungee jumping sounds like it could be a good fit for the stag...
    A four day trip? No need for a hotel room, you won't be sleeping anytime soon..
    Yes, get a local who knows the ropes and Chob is your man, there ain't much he hasn't guided a bunch of expat stag partygoers through, all the basic food groups (Booze girls and partying) and safety tips are covered with your wingman not on the p***
    You may even get into Hollywood disco if you don't sass the 6'3" Russian doorman.
    Whoa , dont talk about him .... hopefully hes forgotten my last group and wont kill me next time I see him .
    Hes a man mountain , he is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast